Trade: [HOU/WSH] Russell Westbrook for John Wall and 2023 1st round pick

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Houston wins this by a slim margin imo. Wall may be coming off an injury but it’s worth it to try him out as opposed to Westbrook who just doesn’t play winning basketball. Even moreso if they keep Harden. And they get a pick on top of it.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Oh he was terrible before the injury

started off strong, always appreciate his first few years here but he has been pretty tempered down since 2017 or whenever they took Boston to 7 games
Wall was never terrible. Like Westbrook, he wasn’t able to adapt to the new NBA where shooting jumpers is at a premium. But when healthy, he was a good pg if you could surround him with shooters.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The contracts are the same length and nearly identical.

I guess for the Wiz, if you're going to pay someone that much it might as well be a healthy Westbrook rather than Wall who hasnt played in 2 years and is coming off multiple major injuries.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I guess for the Wiz, if you're going to pay someone that much it might as well be a healthy Westbrook rather than Wall who hasnt played in 2 years and is coming off multiple major injuries.
Hilariously out of touch decision but we're used to those from the Wizards.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
No one was taking that Wall contract on. So if you're gonna be paying someone a similar amount of money, at least you know Westbrook will perform.

It's similar to the logic the Jackets used when they swapped Nathan Horton's uninsured contract for David Clarkson...except Westbrook is about 100x the player Clarkson ever was in their respective sports. One of the few moves the Wiz have made that actually seems logical

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wall was very good but he relied a lot on his athleticism for success. not sure how much of that he's got left after the major injuries and being out for so long

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Unless that pick is high I don't see how this is a win for Houston.

Sep 19, 2008
Wizards are a disgrace this year

Russell has scored a triple double every game he played in but they have 0 wins :laugh:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
With him shooting 7/25...

He nearly shoots his team out of a game. Again.

Its okay though le triple double man is a great player and totally isn't a stat padding fraud

I never even looked at his stats(that is funny). The young players feeding off his energy has been a win already in Washington.

Sep 19, 2008
Looks like Houston fleeced the Wiz as per usual lol

Westbrook is okay but the team overall is pretty bad

People thought the team could just give up Wall for Westbrook and magically make the playoffs. No, this team didn't even make the playoffs last year and that was without Wall (not like they would have had he been healthy). There are so many holes that just adding Westbrook won't do shit. They still can't play D :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
I can't stop laughing at how bad Houston fleeced Washington. Oh man. Like, Westbrook isn't doing badly here. We get that. He's had a triple double like every game he's played. But the immense HYPE over the deal has fallen absolutely flat. Like, how do you trade for a superstar and then go out there and go 2-8? You are aware the Wizards are LAST in the East? Where is the playoff team?

This is also a shortened season too so there is less leniency. If they don't get things together fast this Westbrook season would have been a dud lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad