Red Sox/MLB Hot Stove Part 2: Lockout Edition - 6 games lost, 156 to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
No I was merely pointing out how stupid the claim you made was that players only make slightly less than the owners. Don’t try to make the point anything other than what it was.

And for the last time, JUST BECAUSE THE PLAYERS MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU DOESNT MEAN THEY SHOULD SIGN AN UNFAIR LABOR DEAL. Here to help.

>unfair labor deal

Such an unfair labor deal where the average minimum salary would be 700k.

Get out of here.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
>unfair labor deal

Get out of here.

If everyone could be an MLB baseball player, the minimum salary would be much lower.

You’re just proving you’re not looking at this from a neutral perspective. It’s 100%, “they make more than I do and I’m mad about it”.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
>unfair labor deal

Get out of here.

must’ve missed this part while responding to it at the same time??:

JUST BECAUSE THE PLAYERS MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU

DOESNT MEAN THEY SHOULD SIGN AN UNFAIR LABOR DEAL.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Johny Henry is worth 8.45x Mike Trout's net worth

Mike Trout is richer than any of us here could dream to be. John Henry is 8 Mike Trouts rich. Eight. Mike. Trouts. And he's shutting down the league to make it slightly more profitable for owners.
It's not the small market dweeb owners pushing this than guys like Henry and Steinbrenner FWIW.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
If everyone could be an MLB baseball player, the minimum salary would be much lower.

You’re just proving you’re not looking at this from a neutral perspective. It’s 100%, “they make more than I do and I’m mad about it”.

No. I just find that the plight of a multi millionaire that has had it so good to fall on deaf ears.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
No. I just find that the plight of a multi millionaire that has had it so good to fall on deaf ears.

How poor do you have to be when it's no longer socially acceptable to have your employers exploit you and illegally bargain to stack CBAs against you? 80K a year? 70K? Federal poverty line?

Reactions: Smitty93 and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Nobody is asking you to feel pity for the players, just to understand the dynamics of the situation.

You guys clearly don’t care to learn about what’s going on with it then why comment on it and try to both-sides it? That’s all.

how many times am I going to have to repost this?

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
How poor do you have to be when it's no longer socially acceptable to have your employers exploit you and illegally bargain to stack CBAs against you? 80K a year? 70K? Federal poverty line?

Oh yes the players are getting so exploited by getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a season and all that money is guaranteed. Meanwhile there are some guys who are living on food stamps in the minors that they don't care about. Because they haven't paid their dues and made it. As far as I'm concerned the mlbpa can go pound sand.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If all we're ever gonna go by is the owners make more then players, the hell with it. Just let the players draft and approve their own CBA and let's play ball!!! It's mind boggling to me fans actually care about baseball players winning the CBA battle and getting more money. I don't give a flying f*** about that or determining the correct amount of blame on each side. They are all just a bunch of entitled, rich babies.

Co-signed. They (owners & players) are killing the game. I can see a time when MLB & MLBPA will be in the position of having to contract in order to avoid collapse but they will never cooperate, they'll let it die before working together to save it. And that's what I mean by killing the game. Each side keeps trying to nuke the other into oblivion but it is the game that takes the hit.

f***.them.all.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
04ac8138-a121-4260-81c3-9374cd3b4c9a_text.gif

Reactions: CDJ and EverettMike

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Billionaire boots must taste f***ing delicious. Holy shit.

people are just saying things without actually paying attention to what is happening, they just default to their norms and don’t care about reality

Like “each side is trying to nuke the other into oblivion” was legitimately said about this negotiation, it’s just not even worth discussing. They Clearly haven’t been reading anything that’s been reported on it. Only explanation. Which brings me to my thrice repeated post- why do some insist on having opinions when they clearly don’t care about this topic enough to pay attention? Bananas.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
World’s Most Valuable Sports Teams 2021

Liverpool worth $4.1 B

Five year change in value : 165%
Owner: John Henry & Tom Werner
Purchased 2010 for $476 M

Boston Red Sox worth $3.47 B
Five year change in value : 51%
Owner : John Henry & Tom Werner
Purchased 2002 for $380 M

baseball since 2017 even with global pandemic has grown at a phenomenal rate for these teams

that’s some amazing irrelevance

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
World’s Most Valuable Sports Teams 2021

Liverpool worth $4.1 B

Five year change in value : 165%
Owner: John Henry & Tom Werner
Purchased 2010 for $476 M

Boston Red Sox worth $3.47 B
Five year change in value : 51%
Owner : John Henry & Tom Werner
Purchased 2002 for $380 M

baseball since 2017 even with global pandemic has grown at a phenomenal rate for these teams

that’s some amazing irrelevance

It's more profitable than ever. I don't buy the "baseball is dying!" narrative like we need to change everything. Just because the NFL lapped everyone in terms of being a revenue-generating TV product and other leagues are growing doesn't mean the MLB is a declining sport. The market is very much still there. That narrative is just a smokescreen by which Manfred is trying to shoehorn his dumb ideas into the game.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
people are just saying things without actually paying attention to what is happening, they just default to their norms and don’t care about reality

Like “each side is trying to nuke the other into oblivion” was legitimately said about this negotiation, it’s just not even worth discussing. They Clearly haven’t been reading anything that’s been reported on it. Only explanation. Which brings me to my thrice repeated post- why do some insist on having opinions when they clearly don’t care about this topic enough to pay attention? Bananas.

Drop dead. Neither side has ever had clean hands when negotiating a new CBA.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Drop dead. Neither side has ever had clean hands when negotiating a new CBA.

lol classy, classy.

Provide examples from this negotiation please of the players trying to “nuke” everything. Was it when they were trying to make concessions while the owners weren’t or was it when they were trying to be reasonable and negotiate in good faith while the owners delayed and delayed and then tried to slip obviously unacceptable things in through the fine print at the negotiation deadline? While the owners tried to pressure them through the media with deliberate false info? Which part of that screamed “the players are nuking things” to you?

Again, you and others are just saying things. You’re not actually paying attention to what’s happening.

newsflash for you and some others- you are allowed to research a topic before commenting on it, just a heads up.

I guess I’ll go drop dead now :thumbd:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad