OT: Hot Dogs

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The food debates reminded me of the reality show Utopia.

Underated Fox show that couldn't catch on but it was funny as hell.
Bunch of strangers walk into a ranch with basically nothing. Just a barn and a pond full of fish.
Had so much money to start out and the food choices caused fights galore.
There was vegans, naked naturists, hillbillies, an ex-con, Utah mormon electrician, former army chef, preacher, bow hunter, yoga instructor, a lawyer, a pregnant woman. You name it.

Enjoy!

Hillbilly(his name is Red lol) vs the Army Chef

Red and the ex-con decide to make their own "State"

And my personal favorite:
Red and the ex-con have had enough.
They don't want no pickled horse radishes. :laugh:

The show was a total mess with fights. People leaving. Producers replacing them.
The cow they bought started eating his own poop. lol
It was hilarious.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Phil: Wait, you're telling me there's an entire restaurant in Pittsburgh dedicated to hot dogs??

1ySLC9w.gif

I don't eat hot dogs often, but I love eating them at the Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe. They have multiple locations in Pittsburgh, I always drove to the original. It was like a binge eating fest when me and my brother would go there. They had family meals - we would each get a family of 5 meal and polish them off.

So much shame afterwards.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
are pitted halved cherries, sautéed onions and cornichons (even diced) going to fit through those plastic squeeze condiment bottle nozzles?

edit: bottle nozzles is fun to say out loud.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Remember when this was a GLORIOUS thread about hot dogs?

You plebs have sullied this. Ruined it with your mere presence. Your filth coats the hot dogs like a casing. A dirty, pig intestine casing.

You disgust me, the lot of ya.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I don't eat hot dogs often, but I love eating them at the Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe. They have multiple locations in Pittsburgh, I always drove to the original. It was like a binge eating fest when me and my brother would go there. They had family meals - we would each get a family of 5 meal and polish them off.

So much shame afterwards.

I will be coming back to the Burgh this summer and among my first stops will be the Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe..... I miss this place so very much.... I'm angry right now since I cannot wait that long to eat there.....:rant::rant::rant:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I will be coming back to the Burgh this summer and among my first stops will be the Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe..... I miss this place so very much.... I'm angry right now since I cannot wait that long to eat there.....:rant::rant::rant:

I'm headed up there in late July. Gotta make a stop at Jim's at least once. Won't be a problem though, all I have to do is mention it to my brother in law and we will be getting there at ludicrous speed. :laugh:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Never heard of Jims... what's the story?

Been around since 1927. Its located in West Mifflin right off Duquesne Hill. They have a sauce they use on pretty much all their dogs but you can also use it on chicken etc. I grew up in the South Hills and always got them whenever I came home on leave.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad