Post-Game Talk: Horrifying Act of Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Kreider was first on the scene during the Fox incident and he subdued that animal in no time. Who knows what he prevented?

The fact of the matter is, Kreider isn't a Messier. He's a nice mellow guy who's everyone's friend and he's a better A than a C. Just like Graves.

But make no mistake, he would take a bullet for this team.
Huge job by CK there. We had our 1st PP unit out at the time. Not exactly a murderer's row. Krieder was the only guy that could physically handle a fired up Wilson. And he acted like he knew that. Threw 3 or 4 guys out of his way including a Ranger or 2 to grab Wilson.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Canes won’t be able to match the depth of NYR.
Our 4 lines just have to make sure they bring it consistently.
There’s absolutely going to be times in the game where the ice is tilted in their direction, that’s just the way playoff hockey goes.
I think overall, our line up has more postseason experience, and we also beat them the last time the 2 faced.
The rest is critical for us. Hopefully the isles can win 1 more.
Pesce is really banged up for them, and Fast is out for the playoffs.
He’s one of their main playoff producers/star PKer.
We better in goal, even though we often are, but shesty does really well against the canes, and don’t think they don’t know that.
Matchup wise, this is a better series for bread/tro/laf. This isn’t a team of giants that lives off obstruction.
The flow of the game should be smoother and the pace quicker.

Shut down Aho line
Rattle goalie early
Keep winning special teams battle on PP/PK

Rangers in 6
Take it to the bank

I think shut down the Aho line should be replaced with beat the piss out of Aho.

Now that Wilson is gone, he's by far my least favorite player left still playing.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Huge job by CK there. We had our 1st PP unit out at the time. Not exactly a murderer's row. Krieder was the only guy that could physically handle a fired up Wilson. And he acted like he knew that. Threw 3 or 4 guys out of his way including a Ranger or 2 to grab Wilson.
He ended that altercation quick and Wilson had nothing to say to #20. He's a strong dude.

Kaapo Bustfreniere

Jun 21, 2019
Apparently there are many transplanted New Yorkers in the area as well.
Heart, lungs, kidney, pancreas, liver or cornea?

He ended that altercation quick and Wilson had nothing to say to #20. He's a strong dude.
I absolutely loved that from him. Great leadership. I was really scared for Fox as it was happening live and he just snuffed that prick out.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I think the Rempe thing is gonna fix itself. He looked pretty bad in game 4. Honestly the way to deal with him is to hit him. He goes down like a house of cards every time.

I might play him in game one if we play Carolina. But every shift the play is to have Goodrow and Rempe in on the forecheck when Vesey lobs it in high. Rempe gets the man and Goodrow goes for the puck. Body punching their dmen. That's what he's useful for. You gotta use him for it.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
If I was a player on the Caps, I would be livid that they are wasting prime years of others careers chasing a personal record for one guy that at the end of the day doesn't mean jack.
So this guy is gonna float through two full seasons expecting to be fed open one timers? I don't think this is gonna end the way people think.
Then you don't understand team sports and legends. Stuff like this has been going on forever. They're rebuilding. Ovie's chase will give their fans something to cheer about while younger players get experience. He led the team in goals this year. He'll get 30 next year because He'll get chances during the regular season. They won't make the playoffs anyway so he won't be embarrassed by good teams when it counts.

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
Is Trochek the greatest free agency signing in Rangers history? That contract is a beauty.

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
I'm really happy for the boys but I can't help but think that if the other team in the series was actually a completely different team than the team we played, then there's no way we win that series.

/s

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
It's probably Panarin. Yeah, he was expensive but he's completely warping the team record books.

Trocheck is up there and is probably the best just looking at value. He's basically a 1C making close to 3C money long-term.
Yeah true. I think Panarin breaks Jagr's point record eventually.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Then you don't understand team sports and legends. Stuff like this has been going on forever. They're rebuilding. Ovie's chase will give their fans something to cheer about while younger players get experience. He led the team in goals this year. He'll get 30 next year because He'll get chances during the regular season. They won't make the playoffs anyway so he won't be embarrassed by good teams when it counts.
I'm not a kid. I understand it. I am saying if I was a player on that team, I would not appreciate the team prioritizing this record over winning games or rebuilding toward that end. Ovi is more cooked than a gas station hot dog, they're gonna drag this out for two more years?

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Vegas had us favored in every game...

Last night was -200
Yes. You can be favored and still underestimated.
Favoring a team that finished below us, that we beat in the season series and who hasn’t even won their series yet? Underestimating us. Again.

Smash

Dec 19, 2006
I think the Rempe thing is gonna fix itself. He looked pretty bad in game 4. Honestly the way to deal with him is to hit him. He goes down like a house of cards every time.

I might play him in game one if we play Carolina. But every shift the play is to have Goodrow and Rempe in on the forecheck when Vesey lobs it in high. Rempe gets the man and Goodrow goes for the puck. Body punching their dmen. That's what he's useful for. You gotta use him for it.
Wat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad