Horizon Forbidden West

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

DLC is coming out April 19th. I wonder if it will be free for PlayStation + premium members since forbidden west is on + now. Guessing probably not.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
RIP Lance Riddick

Next game just won't be the same without him

He died? Damn I was hoping they'd bring him in for the TV show.

I suppose It's possible he could be in it if they have already filmed his stuff, doesn't know how far into filming they are or if they have even started

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

I suppose It's possible he could be in it if they have already filmed his stuff, doesn't know how far into filming they are or if they have even started
I think he recorded his stuff for the HFW DLC. Im
Not 100% sure about that.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario

Likely anything that already has a release date they will be ok. But it's the next game that is going to be interesting. Do they recast with a new voice actor or write him out like he died or something that changed his voice.

*Joke* recast him with Laurence Fishburne as the new voice actor *Joke*

Lance plays the Continental front desk person in the John Wick movies with Keanu Reeves and Laurence aka Neo and Morpheus in the Matrix

Tilda in HFW is voiced by Carrie Ann Moss aka Trinity from the Matrix. It's a pretty crazy connection.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Likely anything that already has a release date they will be ok. But it's the next game that is going to be interesting. Do they recast with a new voice actor or write him out like he died or something that changed his voice.

*Joke* recast him with Laurence Fishburne as the new voice actor *Joke*

Lance plays the Continental front desk person in the John Wick movies with Keanu Reeves and Laurence aka Neo and Morpheus in the Matrix

Tilda in HFW is voiced by Carrie Ann Moss aka Trinity from the Matrix. It's a pretty crazy connection.
Yeah, even with Guerilla rumored to have a 2nd team up and running, I can't see the third Aloy-based Horizon game being anywhere near far enough along to be doing mo-cap yet. Since this seems to have been an unexpected death it's not like they would have tried to get as much voice acting done ahead of time as possible and have someone fill in for mo-cap. I feel Sylen's is so essential to the story of Horizon that they have no choice but to use another voice actor. He's pretty clearly the 2nd most important character in the series.

Hopefully, he's in the Burning Shores DLC. I was a huge fan of things he's been a part of. The Wire is my favorite show of all-time, and I really liked him on Bosch during its 7 season run. He was a great character actor.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Sylens was an amazing character, literally the only interesting character. Even Ted farro was boring.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Just beat Burning Shores, the game is insanely beautiful and this one was much more dependent on travel by flying. For those curious there is more Sylens in it. I do wonder though, since you have to fast travel to where the DLC takes place and the main map, I wonder what all the buzz around being able to see the Hoover Dam by flight on the far edges of the map on Forbidden West. Maybe that was originally planned for the DLC or while more unlikely there is some other DLC planned (outside of Spider-Man, I can't think of a PS exclusive in recent years that got more than one DLC). Can't wait to see what Guerilla has in store next for the Horizon franchise,

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Just beat Burning Shores, the game is insanely beautiful and this one was much more dependent on travel by flying. For those curious there is more Sylens in it. I do wonder though, since you have to fast travel to where the DLC takes place and the main map, I wonder what all the buzz around being able to see the Hoover Dam by flight on the far edges of the map on Forbidden West. Maybe that was originally planned for the DLC or while more unlikely there is some other DLC planned (outside of Spider-Man, I can't think of a PS exclusive in recent years that got more than one DLC). Can't wait to see what Guerilla has in store next for the Horizon franchise,
The Cauldron is just a lesson in gaming/visual excellence.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wonder with Lance Riddick dead what will they do about Sylens for the Netflix show?

You can't do a Netflix show without Sylens

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I wonder with Lance Riddick dead what will they do about Sylens for the Netflix show?

You can't do a Netflix show without Sylens
They got the voice actor that did Anderson in the Mass Effect games to take over for Reddick in Destiny 2 and while he's no substitute for the original, he does as good a job as anyone I can think of that has that kind of voice. Is the Netflix series going to be live action?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They got the voice actor that did Anderson in the Mass Effect games to take over for Reddick in Destiny 2 and while he's no substitute for the original, he does as good a job as anyone I can think of that has that kind of voice. Is the Netflix series going to be live action?

That's the way I understand it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad