Confirmed with Link: Horcoff suspended 20 games for PED's

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Man some bitter Oilers fans on the MBT. Sucks that it happened but I really don't have a problem with older guys using PED's to try and keep up. I would do whatever I had to do to bring home my paycheck.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Not smart, but still way better than cocaine. At least he doesn't have something that will be tough to recover from.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Dang, bummer.

It really is just one of those seasons.

Can we somehow spin this into being Garbutt's fault?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Meh. There's a reason that the NHL doesn't drug test in the playoffs. This hurts us, but hopefully not too much.

We can just call up Wagner or Friberg, right?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
looks like the team Dr dropped the ball here. Shouldn't they know whats banned?

You're assuming he went through the team doctor.

I understand an older player trying to get an edge on recovery. That doesn't make it right, but this may be more innocent than some think. But the rules are the rules, and he broke them.

bobbyt 91*

Horcoff's statement indicates the exact opposite of what you said. It's Horcoff and only Horcoff who dropped the ball.

So Horcoff tried a treatment on his own and didn't tell the team Dr? if thats the case this is all on him.

bobbyt 91*

You're assuming he went through the team doctor.

I understand an older player trying to get an edge on recovery. That doesn't make it right, but this may be more innocent than some think. But the rules are the rules, and he broke them.

My gut feeling is no malicious intention involved. I have zero evidence either way except a gut feeling.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So does the team just not have to pay that money, or does it go to the PA pool? Probably the pool.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
So Horcoff tried a treatment on his own and didn't tell the team Dr? if thats the case this is all on him.
I would imagine it's pretty common actually, especially in the off-season. Up to the player to confirm with program doctor's that whatever they are looking to take isn't on the banned substances list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad