Confirmed with Link: Horcoff suspended 20 games for PED's

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

EDIT: Just a reminder about the HF rules in regards to libel given it's an off the ice issue:
13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
This is very unfortunate. Horcoff has become a solid piece for us.

Like someone mentioned, makes the Wagner deal look worse, as we're now thinner at the center position.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
One of the last guys on the team that I'd have thought to see this about. Hopefully he didn't hurt anyone...

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Looking as PED's from the NHL rulebook.

"Per the agreement, every NHL player will be subject to up to two "no-notice" tests every year, with at least one such test to be conducted on a team-wide basis. Players will be subject to "no-notice" testing at any time.

Positive tests for performance-enhancing substances will result in mandatory discipline as follows:

For the first positive test, a 20-game suspension without pay and mandatory referral to the League's Substance Abuse/Behavioral Health Program for evaluation, education and possible treatment."

Oct 18, 2011
that would make sense
will be interesting to hear what he has to say, if it's PED's i guess that's better than not having a drug problem

it sucks but i wouldn't buy him out for it

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hey Bob, paging Bob Murray....

We could use useful forwards over here god damnit.

This means jackman will be coming up as the scratch and Santo is back into the lineup.

That's also two forwards out of the PK rotation.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm not mad at horcoff for this either. If I was an older athlete I'd do whatever I could to keep getting paid.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Time for Santo to come in and shine.

Can't really blame Horcoff...the pressure to perform well (especially at his age). Don't get me wrong I'm glad he was caught, but it's almost tragic really.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Perron-Getz-Stewart
Maroon-Rakell-Perry
Cogs-Kesler-Silf
Garbage-Thompson-Santo

Maybe Jack Man comes up. Would like to have Friberg or Wagner for that spot and on the 4th line.

Also, on the issue, i don't care at all about PED's in sports.

Getzholm

Jan 21, 2015
Just like Thompsons injury, I think this will be a blessing in disguise. Horcoff is on this team due to that injury.

May force BM's hand into acquiring a good 3C (which we have needed the last 2 years. Rakell is not a center, he is a wing. And him being able to stay on the wing is just as valuable as obtaining one (kill two birds with one stone)... though we obviously still need a top 6 wing as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad