Confirmed with Link: Horcoff suspended 20 games for PED's

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Er, I think you're misunderstanding what he used them for. What he used was for recovery.

I know that was his official statement. But I wonder if it's completely true. I wonder if he wasn't still using something to give him an edge. He's 37 years old and was playing pretty well. It just makes me wonder.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Are players able to maintain game condition when they are sidelined with a suspension? Can they practice with the team or do anything similar to keep themselves ready?

I ask because it occurred to me that Horcoff may not be ready to take the ice the day after his suspension is lifted, especially after 20 games off. I'm wondering if he might get a brief cond. stint in SD first.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Are players able to maintain game condition when they are sidelined with a suspension? Can they practice with the team or do anything similar to keep themselves ready?

I ask because it occurred to me that Horcoff may not be ready to take the ice the day after his suspension is lifted, especially after 20 games off. I'm wondering if he might get a brief cond. stint in SD first.

He was allowed to practice with the team beginning last week. Before that he could use facilities, but not interact with coaches or teammates.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
He wasn't allowed to work out with the team until recently. But before that he mentioned that he had hired a trainer and was skating for a few hours pretty much every day. I think he may have even implied that he was able to work out harder than he normally would during the season because he didn't have to conserve energy for games.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
He was allowed to practice with the team beginning last week. Before that he could use facilities, but not interact with coaches or teammates.

ADHB said:
He wasn't allowed to work out with the team until recently. But before that he mentioned that he had hired a trainer and was skating for a few hours pretty much every day. I think he may have even implied that he was able to work out harder than he normally would during the season because he didn't have to conserve energy for games.

Good to know, thanks! Hopefully he hasn't lost anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad