Post-Game Talk: Hoppy St. Pootricks Day Sharks @ Rangers - 3/16/14

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Also one against LA. Refs called no goal (although being at the game, it looked to me that they ruled it a goal. Ref was pointing, but I guess he changed his mind and I didn't see)

They reviewed it and said "the call on the ice stands" causing me to cheer, cause I didn't know it had been waved off.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I'd give his lazy ass another season to shape up. St. Louis has one more season on his contract. If we don't come close to showing a Stanley Cup winning mentality, I think we should ship both of them out for a re-tooling. That's my personal take.

I don't know if you ever ventured over to the Columbus forums, but his "layziness" was often a topic of much discussion and dissagreement over the years. I am/was one of the Nash homers that ignored his clear lazy play without the puck, but now when I look back on some of his old games I really see it. The worst part is, is that he talks a big game to media about doing certain things to win games, he always says he knows what he has to do, I don't really think he does know what he has to do though. Nash would really benefit from being on a team where he respected other players as leaders and tried to play up to there level of effort like a Callahan or a Dubinsky, sadly his skill is so special that I think he believes to often that he can get by on his skill alone. Players like Crosby, Datsuk, Kovalchuk, Getzlaf, etc were great because they had out of this world skill, but they also work their tails off in practice and games, Nash usually decides he'd rather ride a stationary bike than work hard in practice. I hope he turns it around eventually because he is my favorite player in the league, but these past three years have really made me question his ability.

Wolfy*

AV should try Nash with MSL now.

Nash-Step-MSL
Kreider-Brass-Zucc
Hags-BR-Poo

I think AV hopes Zucc will ignite MSL. Might be a good idea for a few games, but that line is history soon if nothing happens.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
AV should try Nash with MSL now.

Nash-Step-MSL
Kreider-Brass-Zucc
Hags-BR-Poo

Agreed. Current lines aren't working.

I like your first line there, it's worth a shot. People getting worried about Nash on the left, I'd like to think it's more of the type of line where they will switch sides throughout the shift.

I'd like to see Kreider-Richards-Zucc tried. I think Richards has been better than most on here like to acknowledge. He hasn't been excellent but I think he's been better than Brass. Zucc also played well with Richie the last 15 games of last season and on the PP this season. Give them a look at even strength. I know it has the potential to be a disaster at even strength but try and get them favorable match ups and good offensive zone starts and see how it works. I think Kreider and Zucc already work well together, as do Zucc and Richie. Give it a shot at ES.

Then try Hags-Brass-Pouliot. I think this has the makings of an excellent third line. Speed on one wing, net front presence (and not too shabby speed) on the other. I like this as a third line.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
kudos on the nice poll.

One of these days, I will have to tell you guys about my composition: "Sing Praise to Saint Patrick", based on a traditional Irish melody. But that is for another day!

I would actually like to hear about this right now.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah, that day is today bern. Stand and deliver.

because I'm in process of setting up a website, etc. and there is commercial attachment to this intellectual property, I'm not sure I can just do that without violating rules vs extensive or specific types of self promotion/biz advertising w/o permission, and I'd want everything set up before advertising on HFB. I hope to eventually provide opportunity for anyone who wants to at the Boards to make a little coin by helping me exploit my copyrights as authorized.

In addition to st. Pat's -- not great timing -- I have one for Christmas, about a dreamer imagines talking to the Archangel Gabriel about the first Christmas, called "Christmas Day". That WILL have to wait. With any luck, both will be available at the site before Easter.

However, since you asked, I will see what I can do about my "Sing Praise to Saint Patrick", which has the motif of an everyman, an angel, and an archangel. If there is no instruction to the contrary by tom. am, I will see about just listing the lyrics, which I own, without the music [I modified but in public domain, except as to performance, which I also own]. I will do this by Thurs.-ish,

I am slammed at work but can email a couple of you a complementary mp3 copy of the work, for review/non-commercial purposes only. (I would extend that, but no time available to follow through if more than a few. Once the website is up, you guys can check it out.)

In advance, thanks to all who are interested.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
because I'm in process of setting up a website, etc. and there is commercial attachment to this intellectual property, I'm not sure I can just do that without violating rules vs extensive or specific types of self promotion/biz advertising w/o permission, and I'd want everything set up before advertising on HFB. I hope to eventually provide opportunity for anyone who wants to at the Boards to make a little coin by helping me exploit my copyrights as authorized. ....

However, since you asked, I will see what I can do about my "Sing Praise to Saint Patrick", which has the motif of an everyman, an angel, and an archangel. If there is no instruction to the contrary by tom. am, I will see about just listing the lyrics, which I own, without the music [I modified but in public domain, except as to performance, which I also own]. I will do this by Thurs.-ish,

I am slammed at work but can email a couple of you a complementary mp3 copy of the work, for review/non-commercial purposes only. (I would extend that, but no time available to follow through if more than a few. Once the website is up, you guys can check it out.)

In advance, thanks to all who are interested.

As promised, no instruction provided to the contrary, I list the lyrics to my "Sing Praise to Saint Patrick", which is copyrighted (c) 2012 by me, Bernhard Christian Helgason (known to you and also with trademark as to the name 'bernmeister') . All Rights Reserved. Listed here for the non-commercial private use of the viewing audience; permission officially extended herein from myself as copyright owner to myself as HFB poster.

I am again setting up a website, currently still under construction. Those who are interested can pm me. I will see about sending Ail and aufheben a copy each of the mp3.

Bernhard Christian Helgason
bernmeister

--------------

"Sing Praise to Saint Patrick"​

Sing praise to St. Patrick who brought to our mountains
the gift of God's faith, the sweet light of His love.
Give praise to the shepherd who showed us the fountains
raised up in the heart of our Savior above.

For hundreds of years, in smiles and in tears,
our Saint has been with us, our shield and our stay;
all else may have gone Saint Patrick alone ...

He hath been to us light, when our lights were all set
but the glories of faith, they can never decay,
and the best of these glories is bright with us yet
in the faith and the feast of Saint Patrick's Day.

Yes praise be dear Patrick our bishop our champion,
women of Erin give thanks for this saint.
By blessing of Jesus, this patron of Ireland
defies so the devil whose vict'ry there ain't.

For hundreds of years in smiles and in tears,
our saint has been with us, our shield and our stay;

All praise be to God good Father Creator
by your Spirit our patron Saint Patrick reveals
the Shamrock he taught us, has clear illustrated
Trinity in one God divine mys'try prevails!

all else may have gone Saint Patrick alone...

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
As promised, no instruction provided to the contrary, I list the lyrics to my "Sing Praise to Saint Patrick", which is copyrighted (c) 2012 by me, Bernhard Christian Helgason (known to you and also with trademark as to the name 'bernmeister') . All Rights Reserved. Listed here for the non-commercial private use of the viewing audience; permission officially extended herein from myself as copyright owner to myself as HFB poster.

I am again setting up a website, currently still under construction. Those who are interested can pm me. I will see about sending Ail and aufheben a copy each of the mp3.

Bernhard Christian Helgason
bernmeister

--------------

"Sing Praise to Saint Patrick"​

Sing praise to St. Patrick who brought to our mountains
the gift of God's faith, the sweet light of His love.
Give praise to the Shepherd who showed us the fountains
raised up in the heart of our Savior above.

Yes praise be dear Patrick our bishop our champion,
women of Erin give thanks for this saint.
By blessing of Jesus, this patron of Ireland
defies so the devil whose vict'ry there ain't.

For hundreds of years in smiles and in tears,
our saint has been with us, our shield and our stay;

All praise be to God good Father Creator
by your Spirit our patron Saint Patrick reveals
the Shamrock he taught us, has clear illustrated
Trinity in one God divine mys'try prevails!

all else may have gone Saint Patrick alone...

Yoir full name sounds like a composer. I think it is destiny. That's a pretty serious tune. If I had an Irish pub I'd hang this on the wall on a tapestry or something. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad