Post-Game Talk: Hoppy St. Pootricks Day Sharks @ Rangers - 3/16/14

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Hehe, I was fully prepared to see Kreider lead the POG voting (he had a hit) and was pissed about it before voting, nice to see him get zero votes. He stunk and killed our PP twice (one with maybe the stupidest play of the season). I mean, we all like this kids future, but when he sucks this much he should be called out for it.

Pouliot, Hags and McD played well last night.

Its important to point out that Poo was one of our better players. Because he was. Hence it seems likely that Slats will dump him in the off-season and try to replace him with a bigger name...

A lot of people crap on Nash. Who was better last night, Nash or MSL? I think Nash was more valuble for us. He occupied SJs Ds a couple of times and pushed them back. Just for the record, neither Nash nor MSL had good games. Thats not my point. But I think Nash was a bit better than MSL.

What can we learn from this? Nash is the worst player in the league according to many. MSL still don't get the attention from a certain group of players, but he will soon be called the worst player in the NHL ever for sure by a certain crowd

Makes me think that some should reconsider what they expect and think a "star" is in this league, what hockey is a about etc. But what do I know. I think this is the bggest problem with NYR. From a big portion of its fans, the guys around it, all the way up to the front office...

I tend to believe fans should expect players, especially ones making 8m, to make an impact on the game. To go long stretches of games being invisible is pathetic and worthy of criticism unless of course there is a mental hindrance to ones perception ability.

Msl just got here so he deserves time to get settled. Nash is reverting to form and tendencies which many complained about in Columbus pre trade, pre concussion excuses. Kreider outplays Nash every shift and is a better playmaker as well. Nash has sucked and his effort which was fine in Olympics has been piss poor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Nash kills penalties and is our leading goal scorer, but yea you're right he doesn't contribute anything near what Richards does

I think the problem with Nash's perception on here is that he's clearly just a very skilled player. It raises expectations if you see him dangle through everybody, or push defenders back, like he did yesterday. Richards is not able to do that, therefore people tend to cut him some slack.
I'm not defending this, but I catch myself doing this from time to time. I don't like the two, but, as I mentioned somewhere else, Nash has a certain style that makes him seem lazy, and that really gets to me. He seems to have the ability to change a game by himself. With Richards, you can't tell whether he's lazy or just slow.
Believe me, I know it's not the proper way to evaluate players, and I agree, Nash is more important to this team than Richards. But I won't point my finger at for anyone being mad at Nash.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
GA - Montreal. Kicked in, was ruled a goal
GF - Against Philly - rebound off of Millers skate, called a kick, lost 2-1
GA - Toronto. Talbot had it under his pads for so long that Clarkson gave up, then Kadri comes in and takes 5 whacks at it and finally dislodges it and it goes in. Goal counts.
GF - Against Carolina - Zucc storms the net, gets tripped and puck slides in, ref said he was planning on blowing the whistle
GF - Against Philly - Pouliot redirects it and they called it back for high stick.
GF - Against Tampa - Moore kicked it, the right call
GF - Against SJ - Puck was pulled out of the net, logically it had to have been in the net.

Just off the top of my head...6 calls that were negative outcomes to the Rangers, only one of them was clearly the right call, even that there was grey area as Moore never kicked it into the net. He kicked it towards the net and the puck hit the goalies pad before going in lol

The Pouliot goal was a high stick and the Moore non-goal was a kick. Miller's goal was called back--bascially Mason cleared it into Miller's skates as he was crashing the net. No kicking motion but they ruled against it. Two games later Galchenyuk gets credited with a goal from the crease area--no one around him and he absolutely turns his skate and deflects it into the net. Somehow that was good. There was another goal almost like that a few games later that went against us. And then there was the Janssen point after touchdown goal which counted. More or less the War room kind of got confused about what sport they officiate. Zucc's goal should have counted--no time to blow a whistle--it was in. And then yesterday's--where could that puck have gone?

The Rangers would probably have 3-4 more points in the standing if it weren't for these jackasses and their war room. Personally I don't see why these decisions are made in Toronto or why they need to be made by ex-players/officials. Find a neutral site. Hire some disinterested observers. Lots of people need jobs these days.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Not going to read this whole thread, but TB fan in peace
Looking at your roster, it looks solid. What is wrong with the team and how is MSL doing? Is he doing alright? Haven't gotten to watch any Rangers games.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I think the problem with Nash's perception on here is that he's clearly just a very skilled player. It raises expectations if you see him dangle through everybody, or push defenders back, like he did yesterday. Richards is not able to do that, therefore people tend to cut him some slack.
I'm not defending this, but I catch myself doing this from time to time. I don't like the two, but, as I mentioned somewhere else, Nash has a certain style that makes him seem lazy, and that really gets to me. He seems to have the ability to change a game by himself. With Richards, you can't tell whether he's lazy or just slow.
Believe me, I know it's not the proper way to evaluate players, and I agree, Nash is more important to this team than Richards. But I won't point my finger at for anyone being mad at Nash.

People can be mad at Nash all they want, but calling him lazy and useless and saying that you would rather buy him out that Richards is just irrational bashing. Richards is a bad hockey play at this point and he is hurting the team more than he is helping the team. He has completely killed the pp over the past few games. Like I said Nash is our leading goal scorer and he's been on the pk consistently for us. Get mad at him for not playing up to his potential but we don't have to keep calling him a worthless lazy piece of **** every time he doesn't score.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
the issue is this: the ruling was correct, the way the rule is worded is ********. Change it. There has to some kind of common-sense exception to this: If there's no doubt that the puck was in the net, it should be ruled a goal. Nevermind visibility. Same goes for the Lundqvist save on Krejci last season. Should have been a goal. I mean where else could the puck be?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Not going to read this whole thread, but TB fan in peace
Looking at your roster, it looks solid. What is wrong with the team and how is MSL doing? Is he doing alright? Haven't gotten to watch any Rangers games.

We are a cursed team and we have an irrational fan base. That said MSL has not been that great. If anyone could finish his passes and if he didn't get robbed on 2 breakaways he is probably a ppg despite not playing that well. I think it's just an adjustment period, but people here will continue to hate and bash him until he delivers us a cup.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
People can be mad at Nash all they want, but calling him lazy and useless and saying that you would rather buy him out that Richards is just irrational bashing. Richards is a bad hockey play at this point and he is hurting the team more than he is helping the team. He has completely killed the pp over the past few games. Like I said Nash is our leading goal scorer and he's been on the pk consistently for us. Get mad at him for not playing up to his potential but we don't have to keep calling him a worthless lazy piece of **** every time he doesn't score.

I can't tell you anything but that I agree with you there. Buying him out instead of Richards is the wrong way to go. If we can trade him, on the other hand, I wouldn't be against it, depending on the return.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Literally no one is clicking with St Louis so far and the only player that might is so small its a risk just having them together. Im dreading this trade already

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
We are a cursed team and we have an irrational fan base. That said MSL has not been that great. If anyone could finish his passes and if he didn't get robbed on 2 breakaways he is probably a ppg despite not playing that well. I think it's just an adjustment period, but people here will continue to hate and bash him until he delivers us a cup.

I would put him with a big bodied forward and a fast sniper. If you don't give him speed he doesn't deliver, witnessed that for years. He was playing with two rookies in Tampa, the thing is they could keep up and put the puck in the net. Give him some time. The Bolts were in a huge slump lately themselves. On another note, I love Callahan. I had always been saying we needed a player like him. At practice he seemed really pumped. Goal celebrations when he scored and stuff, not like anyone else. You might end up getting that 2nd back, lol.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
I would put him with a big bodied forward and a fast sniper. If you don't give him speed he doesn't deliver, witnessed that for years. He was playing with two rookies in Tampa, the thing is they could keep up and put the puck in the net. Give him some time. The Bolts were in a huge slump lately themselves. On another note, I love Callahan. I had always been saying we needed a player like him. At practice he seemed really pumped. Goal celebrations when he scored and stuff, not like anyone else. You might end up getting that 2nd back, lol.

Kreider-Boyle-St. Louis. :laugh:

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Kreider-Boyle-St. Louis. :laugh:

Seriously, you have to give Marty room and speed. Otherwise he will doubleback waiting for someone to pass to or he will turn over the puck in the corners.
1. Big Body
2. Speed (prefer at center)

Looks like Nash could also use a shakeup

Nash-speed-MSL

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Seriously, you have to give Marty room and speed. Otherwise he will doubleback waiting for someone to pass to or he will turn over the puck in the corners.
1. Big Body
2. Speed

Looks like Nash could also use a shakeup

Nash-speed-MSL

the closest thing we have here is Derick Brassard.

Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Nash-Brassard-St.Louis
Hagelin-Richards-Pouliot (yes, he plays RW now)

is the best thing I can come up with.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
the issue is this: the ruling was correct, the way the rule is worded is ********. Change it. There has to some kind of common-sense exception to this: If there's no doubt that the puck was in the net, it should be ruled a goal. Nevermind visibility. Same goes for the Lundqvist save on Krejci last season. Should have been a goal. I mean where else could the puck be?

That Lundqvist save on Krejci? His glove was on the line. If his entire glove was completely in the net, then it would've been a goal. But his glove didn't go over the line. If anything it looked like the puck in the netting of his glove was possibly partially over the line but not fully.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa

Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Nash-Brassard-St.Louis

Looks solid to me. That forward group needs a few changes this offseason though. Too many playmakers but I like it. You have talent up and down your lineup at every spot, just need to put the pieces in the right places and I believe the Rangers are a solid contender. (which I would also like because I want your first this year)

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
That Lundqvist save on Krejci? His glove was on the line. If his entire glove was completely in the net, then it would've been a goal. But his glove didn't go over the line. If anything it looked like the puck in the netting of his glove was possibly partially over the line but not fully.

well, I thought it did, and after watching it on youtube a minute ago, I still do. Anyway, it's completely besides my point.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Nash is horrible on the LW. We don't have size or speed down the middle. Shuffling the deck chairs isn't going to fix the fact that we once again loaded up on players who all play the same position. It's Gaborik, Nash and Callahan all over again.

Sharks were on game 3 of a east-coast road trip. We should have been able to put them away, but the offense is in shambles.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Nash is horrible on the LW. We don't have size or speed down the middle. Shuffling the deck chairs isn't going to fix the fact that we once again loaded up on players who all play the same position. It's Gaborik, Nash and Callahan all over again.

Sharks were on game 3 of a east-coast road trip. We should have been able to put them away, but the offense is in shambles.

Was thinking the same thing. How all of these "top scorers" cant fit with any of our centers. There never seems to be any chemistry no matter what kind of team it is or who we bring in. Maybe its because our players arent that elite. Maybe its because our GM sucks at building a team the right way. We could bring in Crosby and he somehow wouldnt fit in.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa

You have what you have. You must find something that works for now..

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
Something to consider:

Other big names moved at trade deadline and their points since:
Gaborik- 1 goal, 1 assist
Moulson- 1 goal, 1 assist
Vanek- 1 assist
Legwand- 1 goal, 2 assists

and we have MSL- 2 Assists

Lets be patient. We have an easy schedule. Hopefully these guys can get something clicking in the next 15 games.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009

Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Nash-Brassard-St.Louis

Time to try out bern's idea of putting Kreider at center ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00