WJC: Hope Emerson Etem brought his ear plugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
What an absolute idiot. He managed to not just insult every single local person who is attending this event but all of his fans back in Medicine Hat as well. It's pretty easy to see why a number of professional sports teams don't let their players have Twitter accounts.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Seriously, Etem will not focus on that. I think he's more surprised about the fact that he makes the team :sarcasm:

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
What an absolute idiot. He managed to not just insult every single local person who is attending this event but all of his fans back in Medicine Hat as well. It's pretty easy to see why a number of professional sports teams don't let their players have Twitter accounts.

Yup.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
What a dick. I hope he fails, I grew up in Buffalo... and I am just completely insulted. :rant:

Buffalo is a beautiful city, filled with things to do :).

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Pretty sure nobody will boo him, and I'm pretty sure nobody will care. He said nothing about the people in Buffalo, why should they take offense to it, oh right, they won't. They probably realize he's right. And then there's the fact that not that many people will even know about this.

Talk about blown out of proportion.

wesott11

May 13, 2009
huntington beach,CA
What's the big deal? I know several people who would agree. Do you really ***** out everyone who hates your city? And he does have a right to talk about crap cities, he lives in a crap town on the edge of a crap county. If anything I'd call him an expert. Lol

JMFJ 3

Nov 14, 2007
Buffalo isn't the worst city, maybe 2nd though. That honor goes to Cleveland.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Jochen Hecht also dissed Buffalo pretty badly when a German TV show did a segment on him a while ago. :D

The Dayvan Cowboy

Registered Genius
Feb 22, 2009
What's the big deal? I know several people who would agree. Do you really ***** out everyone who hates your city? And he does have a right to talk about crap cities, he lives in a crap town on the edge of a crap county. If anything I'd call him an expert. Lol

Yeah, Medicine Hat's proximity to the United States was always one of it's main short comings.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida

How did he insult "every single local person who is attending this event"?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Do we even know if this is his official twitter account? Or are we jumping to conclusions again.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Unfortunately for him, he didn't realize that the public of today would prefer you blow smoke up every possible ass as opposed to speaking your mind.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC

Agreed on all accounts.

As for the city debate, I've been to Buffalo before and I don't see how it's that bad. Every city has positives and negatives.

Regardless of your opinions on the cities, what a stupid comment. How is that supposed to make Medicine Hat fans feel?

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Agreed on all accounts.

As for the city debate, I've been to Buffalo before and I don't see how it's that bad. Every city has positives and negatives.

Regardless of your opinions on the cities, what a stupid comment. How is that supposed to make Medicine Hat fans feel?

People in Medicine hat will probably laugh it off, realizing I'm sure that they live in a dump.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
sounds like a Spoiled Brat

How about just honest! That's what he thinks and who cares!

We all know that the economies of cities in the rust belt such as Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit... have been hit hard economically.

With lots of people off work for the Holidays there's probably even less people downtown Buffalo when the games aren't going on. And with the college kids also on break the areas of Buffalo with much of the nightlife are probably also dull and empty. So he's probably right that it appears to be ghost town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad