WJC: Hope Emerson Etem brought his ear plugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Why what did they have to say? I'm everyone may be a tad racist to som degree and it depends where you go and the view of the individual person. Most Swedes I've met are not and they are not openly racist like the stuff you see in Russia.

People from Malmo generally do not like black people? Equally absurd.

My comment had nothing to do with Swedes views towards black people (though, believe me, with the influx of [mainly] Somali/Muslim immigrants that too is changing). He said that 'black' people generally try and fit in with the greater Swedish population and that is not true. The Rosengaard section of Malmo police and emergency services won't even enter because they are afraid and abused by the immigrant population who cling to their own tribal customs and more often than not abhor Sweden's typically liberal, open culture. So a Swede saying they don't have 'traditional' ghettos is patently absurd.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/24/sweden-immigration-far-right-asylum

http://vladtepesblog.com/?p=6296

Last edited:

bpc2083

Mar 2, 2010
Buffalo, New York
Disagree on all counts. There's much more to do in Cleveland than there is in Buffalo. Cleveland has an incredible art museum, and the 2nd best orchestra in the country (#1 goes to Pittsburgh, IMO) to go along with the better-known attractions.

Buffalo has sprawl. And Tim Russert is from there.

Buffalo has the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Burchfield-Penny Art Gallery and the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra. I've been to Cleveland multiple times. I like the people alot, but other than 1 or 2 cool bars, I didn't find it any more interesting (or less interesting) than Buffalo

flyingpig

Pay the Troll Toll
May 26, 2006
Pay the troll toll
The downtown core is not vibrant, as few people live downtown. As it is holiday time, businesses are slow and people are on vacation, so even less people than normal. That said, there is growing trend of urban downtown living going on that is pretty cool. Lofts are popping up all over the place.

Regardless it is a small city that often feels like a large town. Buffalonians are fiercely proud of the place. It has plenty of warts, and plenty of good. We are sensitive to criticism, to a fault.

Visitors who do not really have the time to explore a bit will not see what the city has to offer. (like maybe a certain 18 y.o. who needs to focus on playing hockey on the largest stage of his young career ;)).

Etem is young and probably looking for a bit of tail.... or Abercrombie .... or Aunt Annies Pretzels .... Whatever. Just do your job kid.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
lol so people are ignorant for calling buffalo a waste land and the responses are that it pretty much is unless you go into the suburbs or drive all over the place to find the odd good spot? talk about grasping for straws. another response was it has a good bar scene. again, hillarious. a bunch of 18 yr olds at the tournament of their lives aren't going to be club hopping all night, so you've essentialy proved all their comments to be true.

it's one thing to stand up for your city but some of you just sound ridiculous. are you really that dense that you can't see why someone coming from a large city with tons of action would consider buffalo a ghost town?

buffallo is a ****hole no matter how you want to slice it. i don't even like driving through it let alone having to stay there for a week.

So what can 18 year olds do in other cities that they can't do in Buffalo? I lived in Orlando for years and there are about 4 blocks downtown for the bar scene. You go a couple blocks away from that and you are seriously in the ghetto. Not like the imaginary ghetto of downtown Buffalo which was previously mentioned, but the straight up get the **** out as soon as you can, so you are not murdered ghetto. You and others are talking out of your ***** and you know nothing about the city.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Disagree on all counts. There's much more to do in Cleveland than there is in Buffalo. Cleveland has an incredible art museum, and the 2nd best orchestra in the country (#1 goes to Pittsburgh, IMO) to go along with the better-known attractions.

Buffalo has sprawl. And Tim Russert is from there.

But there's far worse than those places. Ever heard of Gary, IN? Jacksonville, FL? Camden, NJ? Syracuse, NY? And as far as downtowns go, Detroit is way worse.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Amazing art museum eh. Guess you have never heard of the Albright Knox. Keep acting like you know what you are talking about.

member 30781

Im not here to say he is right or wrong here.

But remember that great country, the USA, where they fought for human civil rights, one of which being the FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Buffalo has the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Burchfield-Penny Art Gallery and the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra. I've been to Cleveland multiple times. I like the people alot, but other than 1 or 2 cool bars, I didn't find it any more interesting (or less interesting) than Buffalo

Also downtown Cleveland is lot more dangerous than downtown Buffalo. The bars close at 2 in Cleveland and after that it is a ghost town. I was there once and walked to Jacob's Field after the bars closed with a friend to check it out. The security guard basically said we were crazy and we should go back to our hotel.

Humphrey*

But remember that great country, the USA, where they fought for human civil rights, one of which being the FREEDOM OF SPEECH?
You say this as if we're saying he should be charged with a crime.

Ron Barr

Doing it to Death
Dec 23, 2009
bdddddddet

If he has the right to say what he wants, then everyone else has the right to criticize what he said.

And the greater Buffalo area is about the same as almost every city in the States. I don't get why some people get so hateful or proud of certain cities, they're all pretty much the same.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
If he has the right to say what he wants, then everyone else has the right to criticize what he said.

And the greater Buffalo area is about the same as almost every city in the States. I don't get why some people get so hateful or proud of certain cities, they're all pretty much the same.

Well, I wouldn't say that. There's a certain layout/vibe with rustbelt cities that isn't the same in say the West Coast or Texas. I will say the U.S. is a nation of sprawl, and that has left many "established" cities (relative given the age of this country) with a desolate core but with a much nicer outer rim, which one-time or occasional visitors or internet jockeys tend to miss.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Iv'e got a adopted black friend and he always hung out with swedes. I don't know what kind of social system you have but why would you be sarcastic about liking another people?

You can adopt black friends in Sweden? Sweet.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
If you look at the Census. Cleveland Detroit and Buffalo have all been losing people for the past 10 years if not longer. Lots of businesses have left the city shuts down after 5.

I don't know why people are upset. The Truth is outside Minneapolis and Chicago the Midwest is not all that great.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Buffalo=ghost town:

buffalo_snow.JPG

the defendants:

Humphrey*

If you look at the Census. Cleveland Detroit and Buffalo have all been losing people for the past 10 years if not longer. Lots of businesses have left the city shuts down after 5.

I don't know why people are upset. The Truth is outside Minneapolis and Chicago the Midwest is not all that great.
take a look at the post right below yours and ask yourself why we'd get upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad