Pre-Game Talk: Honest Expectations for the Playoffs

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Get on record now. What are your expectations for the playoffs.

1) Play hard, win a game or two, flame out in Round 1
2) Pull the upset in Round 1, fall apart in Round 2
3) Conference Final-Good Game, Good Effort, maybe next year
4) Cup Final-well Barry deserved it
5) Burning couches on Broadway with Lord Stanley's Cup

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
the problem in analyzing our chances is that our crappy OT record is going to make us play one of the division champs in round 1, so our first round matchup is theoretically going to be tougher than any potential second round matchup.

I honestly have no expectations, but I will say I will be disappointed if we don't at least win a round this time.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I hate that I voted for the first round exit, but if we are really going to have to play the Kings, I am not sure we can sustain what we did the other night four out of seven games. I'd love to be wrong though.

Having said that, if we pull Anaheim or Dallas, I think we could win the first round and may take the second round too.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I voted Conference Finals, but seriously, I think it's even odds and depends entirely on how well the team brings it in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if they flamed out in round 1, or if they went out and picked up a big shiny thing to bring home.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If Kings, probably one and done. If anybody else, we'll win the 1st round and maybe even the 2nd round but lose in the WCF.

This team has what it takes to go all the way but I have to say I don't believe in Rinne anymore. If he was in last season's form before the slump I'd say SCF and a vicious battle with Caps.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Burning couches, otherwise burn the coach

265fb6d0afa2e6be2b64c7f7c6381679.jpg

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
They'll go further in their sports' playoff tournament than any other sports team in the city and still won't get the media coverage they show should.

Also, Upshalls hair.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
If Kings, probably one and done. If anybody else, we'll win the 1st round and maybe even the 2nd round but lose in the WCF.

This team has what it takes to go all the way but I have to say I don't believe in Rinne anymore. If he was in last season's form before the slump I'd say SCF and a vicious battle with Caps.

Actually I feel better against the Kings than I do the Blues. I feel the Blues would sweep us, but think the Kings series would go 7 and would be a coin toss. We have had their number in the regular season the past 3 years. Only OT losses IIRC.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I could care less who we play. Bring on the best teams and let's just beat them all. LA, Chicago and whoever else in the West then let's give it to the Caps. :)

If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man.

No great team in history has avoided the best teams. They want them. They need them to justify how good they were as a team.

Greg4preds

Dec 10, 2014
Well if history is an indication, we won't get swept and we won't play a game 7. Haven't all of our series been 5 or 6 games?

Maybe this is our year to be the team that gets hot in the playoffs. We've got all the pieces.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yeah we've never been swept and we've never played a game 7. We lost to the Sharks both years in 5. We lost to the Coyotes in 5 (I think). We beat the Red Wings before that in 5. The others have been 6 games. Kinda weird actually.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It is a very hard question to answer. I think this is the best team we have had going into the playoffs in a long time- I think it is better than the team that beat Detroit in 2012. I honestly believe we are capable of making a run and getting to the Conference finals, maybe even win the Conference.

But the Western Conference makes it a very hard thing to predict. We are going to be playing one of the top 5 teams in the league, maybe even the #2 team in the league. So having said what I did above, I don't know how anyone can "expect" to win the first round series or be bitterly disappointed if we get knocked out. No matter how good we are, there is a decent chance of us being knocked out as well.

Because of this ridiculous playoff format, in the Western Conference at least 2 of the top 7 or 8 teams in the league is guaranteed to be going home in round 1.

So I am not sure how to answer what my expectations are- I would love to win at least one round- I would be satisfied with that. I just hope we play well in round 1 and let the chips fall where they may. But I am not going to be overly dramatic if we do get knocked out- I think our future is bright and we have a great window to win in the next 2 or so years....

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I have WCF. If this team goes to WC1 they don't see a central team till the WCF and they don't scare me either.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Nobody in the Pacific scares me all that much. LA is very good, but not unbeatable, and if San Jose somehow knocks Anaheim out, I really like our chances of getting to the conference final.

I would like to see us win one round. That's difficult, but I don't think it's unreasonable. Everything else from there is a toss-up.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I voted conference finals. I think this team can do it.

Of course it's the playoffs and anything can happen. But with as much talent as this team has, we certainly should be disappointed if we get bounced in the first round.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Pull off the upset in round 1 and then crash back to earth in round 2. Basically 2012 playoffs, minus two rowdy Russians.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
As hot as they are right now, I'm going SC Finals with a loss to Trotzy's boys. I'll be happy with a series vs Chicago. They can't win every year and as I said, this group is clicking right now. I think the Preds would take down the Hawks this year. Might flame out against another team, but not the Hawks.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Every piece of my being as a Preds fan knows this is unlikely but what the hell. I just want to go to the Finals. Couldn't even care less if we lose, especially if it is to the Caps.

By the way, who would we play in Round 1 that would be a true 'upset' if we won the series? The way we are playing right now I can't think of too many teams Vegas would favor over us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad