GDT: Home Opener! Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Now I'm broke. I bet it all on the Flames tonight so we'll see if I have a future in gambling tonight. If so, I'm going to vegas with my life savings!!

How amusing, I literallyj ust went and bet all my vash on Flames tonight also. If we lose, first bottle of booze is on me

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Just for the lols, the entire forum should go bet everything on the Flames tonight. If we win, it's awesome, and if we lose, we supported the team.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just for the lols, the entire forum should go bet everything on the Flames tonight. If we win, it's awesome, and if we lose, we supported the team.

Haven't we been doing this every game so far? Weird thing happened, though. I bet 50 on the Flames to win and after the game I had 50 again.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011

Done, 1113 v$ bet for the Flames.

...just, hypothetically speaking, what happens if one ends up with 0 vCash? Can he never bet on anything again or is it possible to reset your account to the original 500 or something?

Wanted to see Karri get the start tonight but can't really argue with the winning goalie strategy. He'll get his starts soon enough and he needs to be extra sharp then.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Done, 1113 v$ bet for the Flames.

...just, hypothetically speaking, what happens if one ends up with 0 vCash? Can he never bet on anything again or is it possible to reset your account to the original 500 or something?

Wanted to see Karri get the start tonight but can't really argue with the winning goalie strategy. He'll get his starts soon enough and he needs to be extra sharp then.
from what i understand if you reach 0, they give you 50

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Both are playing the defensive vet role with a rookie.

I wasn't very impressed with them last game, but it makes sense to have them anchor some younger lines and try spread the offense a little..

Hoping for a good one tonight! Lets get em! Go Flames!

Also just dropped 500 vcash on this game

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I believe vCash returns after so much time has elapsed. Not sure how long

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I wasn't very impressed with them last game, but it makes sense to have them anchor some younger lines and try spread the offense a little..

Hoping for a good one tonight! Lets get em! Go Flames!

Also just dropped 500 vcash on this game

I thought both were good defensively, Glencross tried to be to cute offensively and Stempniak just needs to shoot the puck he held on to it way to long.

Flames7676

Jun 17, 2013
Alberta
Playing Monahan, Giordano, Glencross, Baertschi and Wideman in one of my fantasy leagues tonight hopefully it isn't a blowout and minus city... Those 5 would probably be benched on other nights though they where all late picks in a deep draft. People said they wouldn't do anything to help my team so I need to prove them wrong.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I don't think it is really that big of a deal, he sucks and takes stupid penalties when/if gets better than he will get respect.

Obrien is doing wha you expect. He plays physical and with intensity. He's gonna take a few untimely penalties.

Overall the team has looked decent for most if two games and the effort has been consistent. Only two games but the team is already more likeable than last years.

Baertschi has answered. Monohan looks physically and defensively ready. At this point if leave him up, he's not going to learn much by physically dominating juniors.

The oBrien/butler pairing is quite weak. Both have defensive lapses and oBrien can get caught flat footed. The problem is that we have 3 top4 dmen and 3 6/7dmen. We really need a top 4 upgrade.

Once again FOs are a big issue...sigh.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Obrien is doing wha you expect. He plays physical and with intensity. He's gonna take a few untimely penalties.

Overall the team has looked decent for most if two games and the effort has been consistent. Only two games but the team is already more likeable than last years.

Baertschi has answered. Monohan looks physically and defensively ready. At this point if leave him up, he's not going to learn much by physically dominating juniors.

The oBrien/butler pairing is quite weak. Both have defensive lapses and oBrien can get caught flat footed. The problem is that we have 3 top4 dmen and 3 6/7dmen. We really need a top 4 upgrade.

Once again FOs are a big issue...sigh.

I think when Stajan comes back faceoffs won't be that bad.

Aug 3, 2010
I think when Stajan comes back faceoffs won't be that bad.
Still needs work though, he can't take every face-off with icing and things like that.
Stajan needs to work with the other centres a few of the wingers on it, for sure. At one point in the Columbus game, the faceoffs were somewhere around only ~30% for Calgary. That's embarrassing and it doesn't help hold onto a lead regardless of how hot Calgary's first periods have been.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hartely has to manage personalities too. Ramo took a really tough loss in the shoot-out, and given that these athletes get very emotional about their performance, I bet Hartely knows a loss against Vancouver can be damaging right now for him. The way Vancouver beat Edmonton last night, id rather leave Macdonald out to dry if Van comes out firing on all cylinders.

This makes to much sense MG, great post. Plus Mac did play a good game, has more experience than Ramo, I think it's a good call. It's a long season and we don't need to throw Ramo to wolves all at once.

This is gonna be a good game. With the Dome being rebuilt I think our boys are gonna play really inspired hockey all night. The Flames need to win the physical battle in this one especially on the sisters and Kesler. If they can win that battle and get lots of traffic in front of Lou I actually like our chances. My areas of concern are containing the sisters and we need a very solid effort from Mac.

I'll be watching Colborne more closely than anyone on the Flames. I hope he can control his nerves playing in front of all his family and friends. I love how Hartley is giving him a real opportunity with good mates to produce.

I don't know how this one will end, but I'm stoked as hell to watch!

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!! :yo:

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
This makes to much sense MG, great post. Plus Mac did play a good game, has more experience than Ramo, I think it's a good call. It's a long season and we don't need to throw Ramo to wolves all at once.

This is gonna be a good game. With the Dome being rebuilt I think our boys are gonna play really inspired hockey all night. The Flames need to win the physical battle in this one especially on the sisters and Kesler. If they can win that battle and get lots of traffic in front of Lou I actually like our chances. My areas of concern are containing the sisters and we need a very solid effort from Mac.

I'll be watching Colborne more closely than anyone on the Flames. I hope he can control his nerves playing in front of all his family and friends. I love how Hartley is giving him a real opportunity with good mates to produce.

I don't know how this one will end, but I'm stoked as hell to watch!

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!! :yo:

I am also going to watch Galiadri for same reasons, home town fan. I remember one of is first interviews he said he was going to be buying extra tickets tot he games and have like 20-30 friends and family - he will be out to play!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad