Pre-Game Talk: Home Opener - Rangers @ Leafs | Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I except to win and I don't except it to be close, maybe not 7-2 but something in the area of 5-2? Absolutely, I look at our forwards and I look at the Rangers forwards and there are 2 spots spot where the Rangers have an advantage TWO spots and that is Kreider over Hyman and Vesey overy Martin that's it, but you compare the rest of the forwards and it's not close.

Marleau and Kadri are not 3rd line players but they are on this team and when you have that combo on the 3rd line you have incredible depth.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Lol why? This isn’t pre season, let them have a couple in a row(5 like Babcocks segments) give the other five and reassess unless one of them really shots the bed

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Leafs shuffle lineup for home opener

Toronto head coach Mike Babcock announces Calle Rosen and Dominic Moore are in against the Rangers, while Andreas Borgman and Eric Fehr will sit.

Almost had it. Except Marincin, my prediction from the preseason was:
My best guest would be 3 forward lines remain intact for the time being but the 4th line IMO will be:

Martin - *Fehr - Brown
extra: Leivo, *Moore

The 3rd pairing D will be *Borgman - Carrick
extra: *Marincin

(* interchange during course of 1st 10 or so games then solidifies)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`ll be a good game and a great challenge for AV, and since I`m Zucc and Rangers fan, good luck. :)

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Very weird moves by Babcock coming off a win, Fehr was excellent on the PK and now hits the press box. Borgman had a decent game and has Rosen take his place. Not sure how smart that is in terms of defensive cohesiveness.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Very weird moves by Babcock coming off a win, Fehr was excellent on the PK and now hits the press box. Borgman had a decent game and has Rosen take his place. Not sure how smart that is in terms of defensive cohesiveness.

It sounds to me like Babcock thinks Moore + Fehr and Borgman + Rosen are still competiing for those last roster spots... I doubt this will be a common trend we'll see all season.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Rangers are a smaller+faster team than Winnipeg, so we're putting in two smaller + faster guys to match up with them. Makes sense.

Reactions: supermann_98

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm fine with Moore and Rosen rotating in. I like that Babcock is doing that.

I agree that Fehr has been great in a 4th line C role. And Borgman was marginally better than Rosen in camp. But our team is still amazing. We're still going to make the playoffs even if we don't ice the best team every night. I would also like Leivo to be rotated in as well.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
I except to win and I don't except it to be close, maybe not 7-2 but something in the area of 5-2? Absolutely, I look at our forwards and I look at the Rangers forwards and there are 2 spots spot where the Rangers have an advantage TWO spots and that is Kreider over Hyman and Vesey overy Martin that's it, but you compare the rest of the forwards and it's not close.

Marleau and Kadri are not 3rd line players but they are on this team and when you have that combo on the 3rd line you have incredible depth.
you don't except it to be close expect it may be a closer game than you think. Anyone see what I did there? I'm being a jerk, in case you didn't catch it

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
IMG_2132.PNG

Looks good !

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Marleau - Matthews - Marner
JVR - Kadri - Nylander
Leivo - Bozak - Brown
Komarov - Moore - Hyman

I want to see it.

Reactions: carko32

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Marleau - Matthews - Marner
JVR - Kadri - Nylander
Leivo - Bozak - Brown
Komarov - Moore - Hyman

I want to see it.

No reason to swap Nylander for Marner on the top line, his chemistry with Matthews and more advanced development should make them inseparable. I totally agree with Marleau moving up to the 1st line though and I hope Babs gives those three more and more time together.

Besides JVR-Kadri-Marner could be a top line on some other squads so having those two lines as a one-two punch would drive teams crazy.

Crazy to think even with your proposed lineup (slightly tweaked) we'd still have guys like Kapanen and Sosh waiting in the AHL. Damn we're deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad