Pre-Game Talk: Home Opener - Rangers @ Leafs | Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Going to watch Blade Runner tomorrow and then the game on Saturday. Yay.

Been waiting for both all summer, leafs home opener and Blade Runner. Long weekend too.

Rangers had some real good chances against the Avs last night, Varlamov stood on his head. Should be a tougher game. Thinking 6-2 lol

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Thanks for sharing this negative statistic in lieu of the leafs home opener against the rangers. This is a new year, think poisitive.

I am. did I say we'd lose?
No.
Did I say we'd get dominated?
No.

I shared the season series of the Jets game which, was a split. I think it's good to know how we generally played against the teams last year. (especially when some of them where close. as they were).

Which means absolutely nothing

for God sakes. it was just stating what the season series was last year. We actually played them well last year, if I remember, (I think the two losses were some of the games where we were leading and then blew the lead). I didn't have the time to go into the goals, or anything.

It wasn't being "negative" it was providing information. if it means nothing to you then here's an idea, - just move past it, you didn't have to quote me and let me know especially if you didn't have anything else to add.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It's odd, because I see Daisy as a very positive poster, not a Daisy Downer.

LOL i might change my picture now just to match my 'negative' stance. :)

Again - I just didn't have time to break down the numbers - it's hard to find them (I'm actually kind of excited i found the site that actually has the history of all the season series). like there are some teams that we play REALLY WELL against (Rangers - actually being one of those teams, especially when Lundquivst is in net who has historically struggled against the Leafs, regardless if they win or lose).

The Leafs did lose the season series - and did lose both of those games at home. The Rangers are one of those teams that (yes even now) we need to get at least 1 point from (if not 2 if it goes into Overtime, which should be our mantra "if we lose, get 1 point.") because if we fastforward a few months from now those points add up and the Rangers are one of those teams that will be 3 through Wildcard). we need to separate from them early as possible.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Go Leafs! Hopefully we have a good home opener.

Rangers are a decent team so it shouldn't be an uneven game like the last one. Should be fun.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'll be watching the Habs on RDS, things we do for spouses.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I think they really start to click this game and put up a solid 5-2 win. They were still out of sorts last game and I expect Babcock to have let them know/get them fully prepared for tomorrow night.

This season is going to be special. GLG!

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
When do we first see McBackup?

I'm going to the Wednesday game against NJ. Early in the season but a weaker team. Not a back to back though.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

I'm going to the Wednesday game against NJ. Early in the season but a weaker team. Not a back to back though.

I don't think we see him unless it's a back to back or Freddie goes to Babcock and says he needs a rest (which goalies never say).

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Hopefully not anytime soon.

Remember that Freddie started 66 games last year coming off an injury and with a condensed schedule due to the World Cup. The schedule has a little more breathing room this year and he's started off in top form. I know Babs said he wanted more games out of the backup but I don't believe that for a second, not unless we upgrade.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
So, apparently Rosen is not listed on the Marlies roster. Looks like he's taking Marincins spot after all

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Looking for a big night from Marner. Thought he was somewhat quiet on Wednesday, which was fine because we weren't left wanting for offense. Hopefully Leo screws that visor on properly as well, need fewer dress code violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad