Post-Game Talk: Holy **** boys lets ***** go!!!!!

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
IMG_5900.png

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Excellent game from the team from near top to bottom. Weathered the storm in the first 10 minutes then just played a solid quiet boring road game. Oilers obviously missing their franchise tonight which of course changes the game DRASTICALLY but thats out our control and we managed perfectly

-DeSmith played like Demko, nuff said. Gave the guys confidence
-Zadorov has really impressed me more n more since the trade. Didnt like his first 10-15 games with us at all
-Cole quiet confidence game. Moved the puck well, didnt get rattled by pressure
-Bottom 6 forwards shutdown Draisatl which is really a game changer.

-Not every game can we expect Miller, Brock Boeser and Pettersson to contribute, and great when the bottom 6 can fill in, esp considering they also shutdown Draistal. And our top guys didnt have bad games defensively which is what you can hope for if theyre not putting pucks in the net. Brock Boeser imo is having his best season and its not cause of only the 40 goals, hes very well rounded defensively, passing, back checking, and tonight power forwarded the puck to the net at one point lol

-Hughes can be forgiven for not having his best game once in a while. Oilers knew how to pressure him in the d zone and that is when he makes his mistakes. I hope hes aware of it and same with the coaches and they can work on that to make his game even better for the playoffs

-I think Allvin and JR did a great job of surrounding our top guys with real contributers this last year. This team would be nowhere without Hronek, Soucy, Cole, Zadorov, Blueger, Suter, Lafferty, DeSmith, Etc. Individually take one of those guys out, yes, the team would still be good, but bringing in so many good pieces has pushed this team to a new direction we havent seen in over ten years

Man I love this team :yo:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Isn't that what Demko's most vulnerable to as well? For a while it looked like he could be exposed that way-- Going down too early.

even so i feel like they’re different kinds of shots. desmith lets in small goalie goals, which we have to play differently to try to prevent.

ChuckFanForever

Jun 5, 2011
That’s a pretty extreme take… He’s a pretty solid fit on our blue line… Guys like Zadorov are going to cost us in the 5mil range, I don’t think paying 7mil for Hronek is bad at all.
Brian Burke praising the Canucks for getting Hronek:

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
This is just a thinking, maybe DeSmith's problem is his conditioning, we give him some rest and his performance went back to normal.

Which is the profile of a back up.

I wouldn't be oppose on a one year extension, I would want one of the farm goalies to actually win the back up job and not be given it.

Reactions: Vancouver_2010

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Desmith just needed the rest and the motivation. And some practice time it seems.
He didn't panic and he didn't come too far out of the net.

The big boys didn't show up, and the main boards are bagging on Hughes for the Norris for it, but that's because that was Edmonton's game plan - which included Garland. But it didn't work. We got depth. This team isn't the WCE days. Hem Huggy in the corner? Zadarov stepped up. Myers takes shots. etc.

If a team focuses on shutting down our top guys then we got back-up. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad