Post-Game Talk: Holy **** boys lets ***** go!!!!!

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
That’s a pretty extreme take… He’s a pretty solid fit on our blue line… Guys like Zadorov are going to cost us in the 5mil range, I don’t think paying 7mil for Hronek is bad at all.
It really isn’t.

He’s just far too inconsistent defensively. And his production since the 2nd half of the season has fallen off. 6 points and a -5 in his last 25 games and 3 goals and 21 points in his last 50 games.

At his asking range, coupled with his rather unimpressive play defensively, I just don’t see how you can justify paying him anywhere near $7M.

People rag on Pettersson and he’s been PPG with 24 goals and 50 points in his last 50 games. But for some reason people have no issue with Hronek who’s actually been our most unimpressive player for 60% of the year. For someone who declined $6.5M and is rumoured to be asking for $8M, that is ridiculous.

His defensive impact has been below average for a couple of months now. Points are meaningless if you can’t defend. I’d be extremely cautious signing him long term.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Canucks playing Vegas would require:

Knights winning out/Kings losing out, Canucks losing out/Oil winning out

OR

Dallas lose out while Canucks win out

Pretty unlikely

Or Vegas winning out and Nashville losing out, so they become WC1

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Good for DeSmith for bouncing back, he certainly seems to benefit from games off (and probably extra practice and prep time with Clark). I wonder if his struggles down the stretch might make him a bit easier to sign in the summer since he's clearly not a starter.

I was actually thinking in that game I wouldn't overly mind if the refs put the whistles away in the playoffs because our defense will manhandle people. If the blue line steps up like that physically in the post-season we're in a good spot.

Pettersson remains a big concern, and Lindholm looks like quite a capable third-line centre, but his offense is basically zero. I'd want nothing to do with him on what he'll likely make in UFA.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Well her whole family is from Edmonton.

I like to work with the less fortunate.

Not Toronto though. They are on their own and not worth saving.
To each man a city consists of no more than a few streets, a few houses, a few people. Remove those few and a city exists no longer except as a pain in the memory.

- Carrot Top

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Mods please interrogate this man. Might be a spy
Incidentally, employing someone to spy on an entirely publicly visible forum is precisely the type of thing Ken Holland would spend money on and think he was being smart. It wouldnt even be the worst 9.25 million he spent either.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Incidentally, employing someone to spy on an entirely publicly visible forum is precisely the type of thing Ken Holland would spend money on and think he was being smart. It wouldnt even be the worst 9.25 million he spent either.
not as good though as the money he is paying canuck fans to raid the oilers board so oiler fans get all defensive and proprietary about their team.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Are you salty about Nucks fans going on the Oilers board XD I wasnt one of them (I read it but I dont post on other boards), but you seem upset by it.
no, i was making a joke about holland playing 3d chess with his fanbase.

sidebar, but i think the only remotely 3d chess thing holland ever does is try and drive up the price on any player a division rival is pursuing by entering the bidding.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
no, i was making a joke about holland playing 3d chess with his fanbase.

sidebar, but i think the only remotely 3d chess thing holland ever does is try and drive up the price on any player a division rival is pursuing by entering the bidding.
ah i misread what you said XD my bad

SO glad we no longer have a GM thats a laughingstock, Holland is hilariously inept

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I wonder if his struggles down the stretch might make him a bit easier to sign in the summer since he's clearly not a starter.

i think as much as possible we should aim for a demko clone as a backup so the team can play the same style no matter who is in net. obviously the backup won’t be nearly as good, but he should at least have a similar blocking profile so you’re not having to scramble away from your defensive system to limit a totally different kind of shot he’s vulnerable to (in desmith’s case, shooting high).

Lindholm looks like quite a capable third-line centre, but his offense is basically zero. I'd want nothing to do with him on what he'll likely make in UFA.

agreed 100 that we should not re-sign him unless he’s willing to play for a klingberg deal from the year he lost at musical chairs, but i also live in a fantasy world where lindholm becomes the lars eller-type tertiary scoring threat

and pod becomes the late in the year callup that goes off in the playoffs, à la guentzel or rookie toffoli

i still feel like the real issue with the 2011 team, as stacked as it was, is no mid- or bottom-of-roster player got hot and had one of those unforeseen playing out of his freaking mind runs.

would be great also to have a random depth player unexpectedly kicking ass as a winger on one of the top two lines, like byfuglien in 2010 or he who shall not be named on the 2011 bruins. now that suter’s back on the scoresheet…

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
i think as much as possible we should aim for a demko clone as a backup so the team can play the same style no matter who is in net. obviously the backup won’t be nearly as good, but he should at least have a similar blocking profile so you’re not having to scramble away from your defensive system to limit a totally different kind of shot he’s vulnerable to (in desmith’s case, shooting high).

agreed 100 that we should not re-sign him unless he’s willing to play for a klingberg deal from the year he lost at musical chairs, but i also live in a fantasy world where lindholm becomes the lars eller-type tertiary scoring threat

and pod becomes the late in the year callup that goes off in the playoffs, à la guentzel or rookie toffoli

i still feel like the real issue with the 2011 team, as stacked as it was, is no mid- or bottom-of-roster player got hot and had one of those unforeseen playing out of his freaking mind runs.

would be great also to have a random depth player unexpectedly kicking ass as a winger on one of the top two lines, like byfuglien in 2010 or he who shall not be named on the 2011 bruins. now that suter’s back on the scoresheet…
Isn't that what Demko's most vulnerable to as well? For a while it looked like he could be exposed that way-- Going down too early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad