Holtby best remaining goalie in the playoffs

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Holtby is clearly the best goalie remaining. Easy trip to the Cup for Washington.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Both even this series. Lundy has made incredible saves as well. Holtby just a couple more that has provided wins.

I'd say they are even and it's been ridiculously good goaltending to watch.

Go caps.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Holtby is clearly the best goalie remaining. Easy trip to the Cup for Washington.

I don't think a trip to the cup could be described as "Easy". Given they advance, they have to get through Tampa. TBL have the most potent offense in the Eastern Conference and their name suits them because there extremely fast. I'm not saying WAS can't beat them but if they do, it'll almost certainly be after wearing them down physically much like they did with the Isles.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
well this thread turned a 180 haha, cant we all just say the goalies that are leading the series are great and if the caps and lightning both do advance we can discuss this next round?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
There's no doubt in my mind - Tyler Johnson and Braden Holtby are the two front runners for the Conn Smythe right now.

TampaDude

Apr 5, 2010
There's no doubt in my mind - Tyler Johnson and Braden Holtby are the two front runners for the Conn Smythe right now.

No doubt...TJ is having a breathtaking playoff run so far. The Bolts struck gold with that kid! :yo:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
More like Montreal looks like garbage.

Bishop over his past 5 starts: 96.2 Sv%

That includes the two final games he owned your team, so no need to be salty. Montréal or Detroit Bishop's a difference maker, as simple as that.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Between him and Henrik. Price is doing his usual playoff choke and there aren't any elite goalies left in West.

Yes. It's his fault the team in front of him can't score more than 1 goal a game if their life depended on it. What's he supposed to do? Get a shutout every game or score a couple of goals himself? :laugh:

HockeyAllDaWay

Apr 22, 2014
Montréal
Do not know about the best, because sometimes the team playing in-front of you can make you seem better or worse than you are, but he has been pretty damn solid.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Bishop has had the easiest job this round, habs are playing awful

5 straight wins in the playoffs means the goalie is doing something right. Detroit looked awful for the last 2 games as well, right?

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010

That was more of Hagelin putting the puck in Holtby's glove than Holtby making an amazing save.

This is a 2-on-1 where Bishop has to move across the crease to track a pass across the ice. In a penalty shot there is, potentially, less lateral movement required. This was a 0-0 game where the first goal allowed by either team could have tilted the game dramatically. Holtby was at home, Bishop was on the road.

Both are good saves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad