Holtby best remaining goalie in the playoffs

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Price is down 0-3 in his series and Holtby has outdueled Lundquist in 3 of 4 games, including tonights game where he made a spectacular save on a penalty shot.

He's the best remaining goalie in the playoffs. I expect all of you to come and pay your respects.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Between him and Henrik. Price is doing his usual playoff choke and there aren't any elite goalies left in West.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Who would of guessed it!?

He's played great! But yeah, Price and Lundqvist are still better (or I'd choose them over Holtby) --- but he's really proving this year that he's a great goalie. Good for him and the Caps.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
Karl Alzner & co. are the best goalie remaining in the playoffs. It seems like the Rangers are getting a shot blocked for every one on net.

Church of Toews*

Does the west no longer compete in the same playoffs as the east now?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Nah bro, it's Bishop.

Just watch. Bishop is floating under the radar but is a key reason that Montreal is down 0-3.

flamesforcup*

Holtby has definatly outplayed lundquist and price by a mile in these playoffs. Can anyone say conn smyth?

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Nah bro, it's Bishop.

Just watch. Bishop is floating under the radar but is a key reason that Montreal is down 0-3.

LOL yeah ok. Holtby is stonewalling one of the best teams in the league while Bishop is going up against that "vaunted" Montreal offence.

But whatever you say.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Love the way Holtby is playing right now, but The King is still the man. Even now playing against my beloved Caps it is a joy to watch him work his magic.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I think he will be by the Conference finals. Though his defense is doing an excellent job of clearing rebounds, he has been calm and steady as can be and made the big safe when it was needed.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Price is in playoff mode, so right now it's between Holtby and Lundqvist. Both are playing great.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
LOL yeah ok. Holtby is stonewalling one of the best teams in the league while Bishop is going up against that "vaunted" Montreal offence.

But whatever you say.

I've watched all of his games. He is great. But Lundqvist is the better goalie in the series, not close. He has made so many godly saves that I doubt he is human. Despite the series standing, Lundqvist is playing out of his mind.

Lightning had no business in game 3 but Bishop got them 3-0 (Johnson also of course).

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
does not matter how he playes, an above average goalie in montreal will be in the spotlights, the same goes for a goalie in ny.
(i dont actually mean price and hank with average goalies)

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
I've watched all of his games. He is great. But Lundqvist is the better goalie in the series, not close. He has made so many godly saves that I doubt he is human. Despite the series standing, Lundqvist is playing out of his mind.

Lightning had no business in game 3 but Bishop got them 3-0 (Johnson also of course).

Not close? Well that's just silly. I mean, there's a big argument for Lundy, of course, but of course it's close at least.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Not close? Well that's just silly. I mean, there's a big argument for Lundy, of course, but of course it's close at least.

Game 3 for instance. Holtby held the fort. But most of the shots were low percentage chances. Lundqvist on the other hand did the floating elevator on Johanssen to prevent a sure goal, a remarkable kick save on the Ovi chance. Today, he was down and out, and Ward elevated the puck and Lundqvist sticks up the blocker on the goal line. The caliber of saves that Lundqvist is making is at a higher level.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Game 3 for instance. Holtby held the fort. But most of the shots were low percentage chances.

Yeah but he made a save on a late 3rd period penalty shot. If that isn't clutch I don't know what is.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Where does he rank? Don't know, don't care. All I know is he's been awesome and the Caps are playing smart hockey.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Yeah but he made a save on a late 3rd period penalty shot. If that isn't clutch I don't know what is.

You are talking about game 4 (today). Game 3 was the game before. The penalty shot happened today. My quote was about game 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad