Post-Game Talk: Holtbeast vs a crew cut Carrot Top: Caps @ Devils 1:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Thumbs up to Laich for his penalty kill in OT and his overall play. That's what we need from him. Ovi was clutch throughout the game. Made a key defensive play in the 1st, ended a 2:30 shift in the Caps zone with arguably the hit of the year and wins it in the shootout. Holtby was sharp today.

2 pts, next!

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
new jersey moves into third in the metro now and isles losing 4-0 will fall to 4

currently assuming isles lose its

caps 50 games 78 points
rangers 52 games 63 points
devils 53 games 59 points
islanders 50 games 58 points
pens (at panthers tonight) 50 games 57 points
canes 53 games 56 points
flyers 50 games 55 points

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
We need Carlson to play smarter if we are going to get anywhere. Hopefully he is just shaking rust of and is not hindered physically.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
We need Carlson to play smarter if we are going to get anywhere. Hopefully he is just shaking rust of and is not hindered physically.

It appears he is trying to compensate for a lack of speed. I think he might not be in game shape. He will be back to his normal self in time for the playoffs.

Schneider was a brick wall today.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Man the Caps are scary good. Extremely impressive group you guys have. Thrilled to get a point out of this one. Good luck the rest of the way!

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
That has got to be rescinded. I think he plays.

especially since mcdonaugh crosscheck to simmonds back of head went uncalled right before

McDonagh didn't return to the game. I think he will get 1 game because it was a sucker punch resulting in injury.

I'm trying to figure out where the sucker punch was. You just cross checked someone to the head and didn't expect to get punched? That's on you. Specially since that cross check started high and carried into his head. I don't see Simmonds getting a game without Mcdonough getting one too.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I'm trying to figure out where the sucker punch was. You just cross checked someone to the head and didn't expect to get punched? That's on you. Specially since that cross check started high and carried into his head. I don't see Simmonds getting a game without Mcdonough getting one too.

Right at the end. Simmonds clocked him pretty good.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

the problem is mcdonaugh didnt return to game, that may be deciding factor in any disciplinary issues

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Right at the end. Simmonds clocked him pretty good.

the problem is mcdonaugh didnt return to game, that may be deciding factor in any disciplinary issues

I saw the gloved punch. I watched it several times before commenting and given the situation I still believe the match should be removed and he allowed to play. I see what McD did as being just if not more dangerous than what Simmonds did.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
To me the cross check was a penalty and that should be it. I expect Simmons to not miss a game.

That being said, I thought we outplayed NJ most the game, but man its miserable watching that team. Phantom trip, and a bad pass by Carlson made it entertaining. Good for 28 on his first goal. But we need Beagle/MoJo back or we will need to replace them for the playoffs. We really have only 2 lines now that are any type of threat to score.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Man the Caps are scary good. Extremely impressive group you guys have. Thrilled to get a point out of this one. Good luck the rest of the way!

Said this earlier and today didn't change my mind; I don't think any group in the NHL has outperformed expectations more than NJ's forward group. Good luck the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad