Movies: Hollywood sexual harassment ( Russell Brand facing multiple allegations)

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
For every one victim coming forward there's probably about 5 that slept with the person to further their career. Not going to be hearing much from them...

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
So, honestly. we the posters of HFB, what do we expect to to happen to this POS?
Probably not much more than what's already happened to him. Criminal charges for this area are not easy to bring forward.

His career is done, and that isn't enough punishment for his actions, but, they hope has to be that it's shone enough of a light on attitudes and behaviours in the industry, that there is a chance at change.

Reactions: Amerika

Exley72

Oct 22, 2017
As a big Return of the Living Dead fan it was shocking to find out about Peck

Even more shocking to see Hollywood not only accept him back into industry but that he was still working around kids

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elodeon-child-star-working-underage-kids.html

Yep. I looked at Singer's upcoming projects and Peck is involved. There is also Victor Salva, the director of the Jeepers Creepers films. He's a convicted molester. After he did his time, he has continued to work in the industry. The legal case against Singer fell apart when Egan withdrew his claims and his character came into question. I like some of Singer's films but if allegations about him are true, then I hope he is among the dominoes to fall. He still sounds super sketch https://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/inside-bryan-singers-wild-hollywood-world. It can't just be Weinstein that suffers repercussion, I hope all the trash is thrown out. I guess this is a sign of progress.

For every one victim coming forward there's probably about 5 that slept with the person to further their career. Not going to be hearing much from them...

And...? What's your point? How does this belief help improve things at all? Some people have such a warped view of consent. If refusing Weinstein's advances could cost you your career, then it isn't consensual.

Depends on his bank account to a certain degree.

Yup, and to be honest, men will need to change their views and do what they can to talk about harassment and what can be done to stop it. It's not just a women's problem, it's everyone's problem. Amidst the fallout and numerous victims coming forward, seeing the stories being told in the #MeToo and #HowWillIChange social media campaigns has been an enlightening thing to see. But then I still see a lot of victim-blamey, misogynistic comments, like, well why didn't these women come out sooner? I bet a lot slept their way to the top anyway. That kind of thinking is part of the problem.

This from actor Justin Baldoni was well said:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So, honestly. we the posters of HFB, what do we expect to to happen to this POS?

History says he will receive an Academy Award further down line and standing ovation as well as claims that he is some victim who has suffered enough

I mean it was Hollywood's actions for Roman Polanski who raped a child and fled country

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If it turned out van Gogh was a child molester, would it diminish his art or would we just abhor him as a man? I'd say the art would still be great, but I would feel that his works were now tainted by my knowledge of his being a pedophile. But "Starry Night" would still be a great painting. Granted though, it is a really thorny issue.

Really though. People are gonna stop listening to any rock group that slept with underage groupies. That'll leave them a lot of options.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Really though. People are gonna stop listening to any rock group that slept with underage groupies. That'll leave them a lot of options.
People won't stop listening, and a great guitar solo will still be a great guitar solo. But people may think less of the artist if the offense was serious enough, and that may have some impact on their pleasure. Besides rock bands are kind of tricky. I don't know of any rock band in which everybody is alleged to be a child molester. Usually, if a case came up in a band, it would be one guy, making it easier for fans to isolate him while leaving the rest of the band alone in their judgement. If it is one guy, though, I think he would get a rough ride from fans. I mean, Gary Glitter comes to mind. Some people may still enjoy his music, but just about everybody seems to think of him now as a complete scumbag of the first order.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
People won't stop listening, and a great guitar solo will still be a great guitar solo. But people may think less of the artist if the offense was serious enough, and that may have some impact on their pleasure. Besides rock bands are kind of tricky. I don't know of any rock band in which everybody is alleged to be a child molester. Usually, if a case came up in a band, it would be one guy, making it easier for fans to isolate him while leaving the rest of the band alone in their judgement. If it is one guy, though, I think he would get a rough ride from fans. I mean, Gary Glitter comes to mind. Some people may still enjoy his music, but just about everybody seems to think of him now as a complete ******* of the first order.

I guess that depends on what one considers child molestation. Does a drinking-age or older rock star involved with anyone below the age of consent qualify?

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Who cares if his career is over though? He's extremely rich and around retirement age anyway. The guy needs criminal charges brought against him but even then I doubt he ever sees the inside of a cell.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Who cares if his career is over though? He's extremely rich and around retirement age anyway. The guy needs criminal charges brought against him but even then I doubt he ever sees the inside of a cell.
sounds like here in the UK and New York state there maybe charges

but the problem is that there looks to be around 100mill in payout with non disclosure agreements in place--meaning those most seriously harmed cant not talk

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
sounds like here in the UK and New York state there maybe charges

but the problem is that there looks to be around 100mill in payout with non disclosure agreements in place--meaning those most seriously harmed cant not talk

Even then, I will bet you any amount of money he wont spend a day in prison. He'd just lawyer up like crazy and get probation/restitution. Especially with all the political allies he has.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Even then, I will bet you any amount of money he wont spend a day in prison. He'd just lawyer up like crazy and get probation/restitution. Especially with all the political allies he has.

of course

and several talking heads have already said that several women who have come forward have broken a non-disclosure agreement and could themselves face jail time under laws in the US passed by Bush Jr(sorry to get political but new laws covering whistle-blowers and people who break non-disclosure agreements were passed)

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
From the stories I've read, I'm more amazed at his persistence. If I kept getting rejected all the time, my self esteem would be crushed and I wouldn't even be able to talk to another woman ha.

Not this whole I should keep trying this dick through my bathrobe routine that works, like never.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonleaffan

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
From the stories I've read, I'm more amazed at his persistence. If I kept getting rejected all the time, my self esteem would be crushed and I wouldn't even be able to talk to another woman ha.

Not this whole I should keep trying this dick through my bathrobe routine that works, like never.

If he kept doing it for so long, it means it worked to a certain extent. After three decades we're hearing about the times it didn't work - or did work to an uncomfortable and criminal degree - but not about times where it did work quietly (unfortunately).

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Anybody who has friends who work in the service industry of any major city (like here in Toronto for example) have heard stories about Spacey trying to set up f***-fests with whichever young male server/host/bartender caught his eye.

And I heard basically the exact same stuff from my cousins in Ireland when the topic of Spacey came up.

Him being a predatory deviant and also very gay is not news to most people. I guess its another one of these "open secrets" that only ever seem to apply to left wing hollywood celebrities.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Anybody who has friends who work in the service industry of any major city (like here in Toronto for example) have heard stories about Spacey trying to set up ****-fests with whichever young male server/host/bartender caught his eye.

And I heard basically the exact same stuff from my cousins in Ireland when the topic of Spacey came up.

Him being a predatory deviant and also very gay is not news to most people. I guess its another one of these "open secrets" that only ever seem to apply to left wing hollywood celebrities.
Is "very gay" like being "very pregnant"? Also, you might consider trading the "and" for "who is" in that sentence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad