Confirmed with Link: Holland to AZ for conditional pick

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm not mad about the trade. It's a fine trade. He might do well under Tippett. I could see him playing like Klikhammer during Rob's three month honeymoon as an effective NHL player (that he could never again replicate). And that would be great. I'm really not trying to **** on Holland, who's fine. I'm just baffled by that guy's bizarre assessment of this player. I just feel like someone is arguing passionately that 2+2=79. It's not true and it's very, very strange.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I enjoyed reading your post. What do you see as Holland's upside?
Please give my best to Mindy.

Rabbit and rt have your new guy sized up perfectly. If all goes well you'll have the skilled, scoring centre with a bit of size that never materialized for Anahiem and then Toronto, but at this point its a real longshot.

And a really good, likeable person, too.

Cheers!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I really hesitate to take issue with the Coyotes fan on this board, because I am a Leafs fan and I don't want to be a troll, but this post is so nutty that I can't help but respond.

I do like Peter Holland very much and I hope that this will be his breakout year. He is a talented, inconsistent player who will either find another gear or fall out of the NHL entirely, and soon. I'm hoping that he figures it out in Arizona, and I've been following this thread to see what kind of reception he might get from Coyotes fans.

I am completely mystified by this chain of posts.

Peter Holland is not a dirty player. He is not a cheap player. He rarely fights and is not known as an instigator. He has never deliberately injured in another player, and is in no way comparable to Matt Cooke.

Over his brief NHL career, he has had only three regular season fights, and one in the preseason. His opponents were in order: Cedric Paquette (Tampa Bay) who has gone on to have eight fights in the past three years (twice as many as Holland); Anthony Mantha (Detroit) who in his 13 NHL games has not had any other fights, but at 6'5" is 4 inches taller than Holland; Max Domi (no introduction needed) who takes after his much beloved father and has had six fights in the past two years, with considerable success; and Aaron Ekblad (Florida), who has not fought before or since then but is a fairly strapping defenceman. I don't know what causes this poster to think that Holland "acts like a little girl" or only fights against players who are rookies are smaller than him.

Even if you view the preseason fight with Mantha posted in the link above, you will see another Leaf give a hard open ice check to a Red Wing in the Leafs end, followed by an up ice rush where a Red Wing charges Holland into the boards. 15 seconds into the video you would see that two Red Wings are fighting with one Leaf – Leo Komarov. At that point, Mantha appears headed into the fray as the third Wing on Komarov, but Holland intercepts him on behalf of his teammate and then has a fight that is in no way cowardly or mismatched.

I think this posters opinion of Peter Holland is not based in truth, and is merely a figment of his imagination.

Some Leafs fans, like myself, quite like Holland; others could care less for him because of his sometimes indifferent and sporadic play. None of us are too sad to see him go, because it simply wasn't working out here, even if we still see promise in the player.

However, I simply cannot imagine what would cause someone to hurl such unfounded insults at him as I have read by this poster in this thread.

I hope you will forgive my intrusion onto your board.

Look, you saw a lot more of him than me. But everytime I've seen him, he was crap and didn't show any signs of hidden skills at all. And he received a lot of chances..he played in all roles and failed miserably in all of them. He's also pretty bad at faceoffs. Dvorak's and Martinook's numbers dropped down recently but at least Dvorak should do better than Holland in no time.

Holland is not dirty. I don't remember him doing anything dirty. That said, he is cheap. Or at least that was his behaviour everytime I saw him play. As a Leafs-fan, crap like this may be standart for you as you've seen it for years...but I don't like it. And this is nothing against Peter Holland. If you read the thread, you saw that I even placed a fellow Swiss in the same corner. Niederreiter changed, so Holland may change, too. All I'm saying is that if he continues to play the way I remember him play, I'll stop watching.

The truth may be somewhere between. But so far I'm not impressed with this addition. If Babcock doesn't like a player, there's usually a reason behind. There are very few exceptions (Filppula for example) so I don't think that my assessment is completely wrong. We shall see...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The truth may be somewhere between. But so far I'm not impressed with this addition. If Babcock doesn't like a player, there's usually a reason behind. There are very few exceptions (Filppula for example) so I don't think that my assessment is completely wrong. We shall see...

Real talk: is he better than Fournier or not? The world needs to know.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Rabbit and rt have your new guy sized up perfectly. If all goes well you'll have the skilled, scoring centre with a bit of size that never materialized for Anahiem and then Toronto, but at this point its a real longshot.

And a really good, likeable person, too.

Cheers!

The franchises he played for certainly didn't help, so I'm gonna give the guy a chance. That said, you're completely biased. Must be...there's no other way to interpret posts like yours...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Real talk: is he better than Fournier or not? The world needs to know.

Lol, I like how you continue to bring up Fournier just because I (and not just me) liked him in training camp. But for real, is he at least playing now in Tucson? He may be no superstar, but he should at least be a decent AHL player:)

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
The franchises he played for certainly didn't help, so I'm gonna give the guy a chance. That said, you're completely biased. Must be...there's no other way to interpret posts like yours...

Bias?

Hey, he's all yours now.

It's your player, your team, your thread, only your opinions matter here.

On your boards, I have no place in any of this.

Enjoy!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I really hesitate to take issue with the Coyotes fan on this board, because I am a Leafs fan and I don't want to be a troll, but this post is so nutty that I can't help but respond.

I do like Peter Holland very much and I hope that this will be his breakout year. He is a talented, inconsistent player who will either find another gear or fall out of the NHL entirely, and soon. I'm hoping that he figures it out in Arizona, and I've been following this thread to see what kind of reception he might get from Coyotes fans.

I am completely mystified by this chain of posts.

Peter Holland is not a dirty player. He is not a cheap player. He rarely fights and is not known as an instigator. He has never deliberately injured in another player, and is in no way comparable to Matt Cooke.

Over his brief NHL career, he has had only three regular season fights, and one in the preseason. His opponents were in order: Cedric Paquette (Tampa Bay) who has gone on to have eight fights in the past three years (twice as many as Holland); Anthony Mantha (Detroit) who in his 13 NHL games has not had any other fights, but at 6'5" is 4 inches taller than Holland; Max Domi (no introduction needed) who takes after his much beloved father and has had six fights in the past two years, with considerable success; and Aaron Ekblad (Florida), who has not fought before or since then but is a fairly strapping defenceman. I don't know what causes this poster to think that Holland "acts like a little girl" or only fights against players who are rookies are smaller than him.

Even if you view the preseason fight with Mantha posted in the link above, you will see another Leaf give a hard open ice check to a Red Wing in the Leafs end, followed by an up ice rush where a Red Wing charges Holland into the boards. 15 seconds into the video you would see that two Red Wings are fighting with one Leaf – Leo Komarov. At that point, Mantha appears headed into the fray as the third Wing on Komarov, but Holland intercepts him on behalf of his teammate and then has a fight that is in no way cowardly or mismatched.

I think this posters opinion of Peter Holland is not based in truth, and is merely a figment of his imagination.

Some Leafs fans, like myself, quite like Holland; others could care less for him because of his sometimes indifferent and sporadic play. None of us are too sad to see him go, because it simply wasn't working out here, even if we still see promise in the player.

However, I simply cannot imagine what would cause someone to hurl such unfounded insults at him as I have read by this poster in this thread.

I hope you will forgive my intrusion onto your board.

I for one am thankful for your intel. Much appreciated.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There's a better chance that Peter Holland is totally ineffective than any of the above happening. That's why he was free. Just as long as he can eat minutes and win maybe half of his draws.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Holland- Holland- Holland
Holland- Holland -Doan
Holland - Holland- Holland
Holland - Holland -Moss

Joking aside, I think this can only be a good addition. A young but experienced, sizeable center who wants revenge can only help.

Well he will be wearing #24 and Tippett has commented on what an all around utility guy he is.....

Welcome to Arizona, Peter Chipolland. :naughty:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Both busted out midround first rounders.

Poor Peter can't win. He'll be he next Chip who everyone hates only because of his usage, OR he's yet another first round pick that DT refuses to play! :sarcasm:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
There's a better chance that Peter Holland is totally ineffective than any of the above happening. That's why he was free. Just as long as he can eat minutes and win maybe half of his draws.
My thoughts exactly. My high hopes are that he can Arcobello it for long enough to justify qualifying him an RFA offer in the summer.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We have to sign him before 1 Jan because he'd never clear waivers... :sarcasm:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
That number is sacred to Tippett. I have a #24 Coyotes jersey with my name on the back, so I could slot right in to the lineup and be promoted to 1C by the end of the night.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Oh? You're the Vrbata is DONE guy? Got it.

Vrbata isn't done! Long live vrbata! Coyotes 1RW for the next 5 years (playing for 2 other teams in the middle of that, of course). Rumors of his demise (by Hinterland) have been greatly exaggerated.

Klinkhammer sounds like a solid comparison for Holland. If he can mostly fill the void left by Richardson I'll be happy.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Look, you saw a lot more of him than me. But everytime I've seen him, he was crap and didn't show any signs of hidden skills at all. And he received a lot of chances..he played in all roles and failed miserably in all of them. He's also pretty bad at faceoffs. Dvorak's and Martinook's numbers dropped down recently but at least Dvorak should do better than Holland in no time.

Holland is not dirty. I don't remember him doing anything dirty. That said, he is cheap. Or at least that was his behaviour everytime I saw him play. As a Leafs-fan, crap like this may be standart for you as you've seen it for years...but I don't like it. And this is nothing against Peter Holland. If you read the thread, you saw that I even placed a fellow Swiss in the same corner. Niederreiter changed, so Holland may change, too. All I'm saying is that if he continues to play the way I remember him play, I'll stop watching.

This is such a strange and ignorant post. Maybe you're thinking of someone else other than Peter Holland? Dave Bolland maybe? I don't know.

Holland has good pro size, a very good toolbox of puck skills, good shot, is a good skater especially for his size. On the strange night when he puts it all together you wonder why he couldn't be a JVR, because it's all there technically. But he's inconsistent with his effort, physical play and gives the most bland vanilla performance more often than not and doesn't really amount to much at all.

In any case, you probably shouldn't be that excited for the addition, because it's a pretty insignificant one.

Edit. I guess you probably know Holland from this video.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This is such a strange and ignorant post. Maybe you're thinking of someone else other than Peter Holland? Dave Bolland maybe? I don't know.

Holland has good pro size, a very good toolbox of puck skills, good shot, is a good skater especially for his size. On the strange night when he puts it all together you wonder why he couldn't be a JVR, because it's all there technically. But he's inconsistent with his effort, physical play and gives the most bland vanilla performance more often than not and doesn't really amount to much at all.

In any case, you probably shouldn't be that excited for the addition, because it's a pretty insignificant one.

Edit. I guess you probably know Holland from this video.

He's got some odd opinions, I don't think many (or any) share his impression of Holland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad