GDT: Holland to address media at 11 AM

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Hope he says something and it isn't our usual end of season. "We played good I like it we will slowly improve blah blah"

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If its scheduled for 11am today it means it will be 3.58 Newfoundland time zone on Saturday.

Holland; "We have all these forwards, theres a price you have to pay for a good D"

Watch there be not one comment or question on the Kassian contract or the nothing TDL moves.

Reactions: Geardedandbearded

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I like Holland but I think the best thing for him to do is play it straight with fans.

"We are very disappointed with the efforts of many of our players in the series with Chicago. I can offer you no excuse as to why this happened."

A bit of honesty goes a long way with people.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I like Holland but I think the best thing for him to do is play it straight with fans.

"We are very disappointed with the efforts of many of our players in the series with Chicago. I can offer you no excuse as to why this happened."

A bit of honesty goes a long way with people.

“We don’t have any words and we know you don’t want to hear them. We understand your anger, your frustration, your sadness. Everything you’re feeling – we get it. This isn’t the ending we imagined, and certainly not the one we wanted. Thank you for being there the entire way.”

Reactions: StupidGenius

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He will say there will be changes but he'd be stupid to be specific.

A call for patience would be a good thing too. We are definitely not near needing to blow it up

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
“We don’t have any words and we know you don’t want to hear them. We understand your anger, your frustration, your sadness. Everything you’re feeling – we get it. This isn’t the ending we imagined, and certainly not the one we wanted. Thank you for being there the entire way.”

Completely agree but in today's politically correct NHL it won't happen.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He will say there will be changes but he'd be stupid to be specific.

A call for patience would be a good thing too. We are definitely not near needing to blow it up
I don't know that any GM really knows how things are going to play out for them next year. Yes they all have wants, but with a flat cap it might be a lot harder to find those wants.

Reactions: TB12

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't know that any GM really knows how things are going to play out for them next year. Yes they all have wants, but with a flat cap it might be a lot harder to find those wants.
He'll say that too. That's why I say there will be changes but will be vague about it. It might end up being some minor things. But he will try something major imo

sportsfan944804

Aug 7, 2020
Like clockwork, the Youtube stream is gone. I'm sure it's another postponing to another week. Typical Oilers.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
giphy-downsized-large.gif

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Let me start by saying, I don’t think there is any type of grand conspiracy to rig the draft but I’m interested to know exactly how that machine works.

I was watching a slowed down version of the lottery and the Rangers ball is in the funnel part of the hopper and it gets knocked out one of the side openings by the Leafs ball which subsequently takes its place and gets a bump for another ball sending it up right into the tube and as it’s falling the Rangers ball gets sucked back in and slips right past it and up into the tube.

It’s hilarious how incredibly close it was to being the Leafs ball. If that suction is activated a quarter second earlier it’s probably the Leafs ball going up.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014

WHAT AREAS???? except PP and PK, everything took a step back
goaltending was below average at best
defense was shambles
offence was a 2 man show
5v5 was horrid
depth was horrid
coaching was questionable

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He'll say that too. That's why I say there will be changes but will be vague about it. It might end up being some minor things. But he will try something major imo
Well there are 4 gm's that were hired in 2020 as well as 3 in 2019. So there should be some newer GM's that are ready to make a change.

That doesn't even include teams like WPG, TOR, PIT, NSH, that were just eliminated that probably want to make changes to their lineups as well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

WHAT AREAS???? except PP and PK, everything took a step back
goaltending was below average at best
defense was shambles
offence was a 2 man show
5v5 was horrid
depth was horrid
coaching was questionable

Over the course of the year the team was way better than expectations. Playoffs not so much

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad