GDT: Holland to address media at 11 AM

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Well according to Holland, we made the playoffs, haha

I read the stats count for playoff stats (had read before that they wouldn’t for the losing team but the league must have changed their mind). Technically they played in a playoff style series, it’s just bumped down a round instead of being called “round 1”

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Now we know why this presser got bumped. Stauffer wanted the Holland exclusive so he can continue to shine the turd that is the Edmonton Oilers and put lipstick on the pig that was our "playoffs" with his buddy Holland.

Oilers are run worse than a f***ing lemonade stand.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

At what point does Holland offer up some actual insight? This is all plainly obvious to the most blind casual hockey fan.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He will say there will be changes but he'd be stupid to be specific.

A call for patience would be a good thing too. We are definitely not near needing to blow it up

Holland;

We're doing an org audit of all audited things. We will stop at nothing and leave no stone unturned in an exhaustive analysis of where this org is going wrong in relation to other orgs. We will never complete, release, or use this audit, and we'll instead continue to employ brain dead or old and spent execs like Nicholson, Chiarelli, Holland, continued.

Thank you for your eternal trust in this org and allegiance to the Oilers. Theres one born every, no wait.. We promise to work hard at something to earn your support.

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Holland;

We're doing an org audit of all audited things. We will stop at nothing and leave no stone unturned in an exhaustive analysis of where this org is going wrong in relation to other orgs. We will never complete, release, or use this audit, and we'll instead continue to employ brain dead or old and spent execs like Nicholson, Chiarelli, Holland, continued.

Thank you for your eternal trust in this org and allegiance to the Oilers. Theres one born every, no wait.. We promise to work hard at something to earn your support.

Didn't mention the water. They will miss auditing the water!! Oh no....we will be missing the playoffs in 2020-21 now. :(

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

At what point does Holland offer up some actual insight? This is all plainly obvious to the most blind casual hockey fan.

I think you over-rate the knowledge of the casual hockey fan. HF is comprised of die-hard fans for the most part, people who have watched thousands of hockey games in their lives and likely played it for large portions of their lives as well. My mom, who loves the Oilers and watches a decent amount of games (watched all the Hawks series), does not fit into that category.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
boys weren't ready to play...who's fault is that?

all we heard during training camp is how "motivated" they were and how they wanted to prove the pundits wrong
Stauffer was wetting himself during training camp about the speed and how much has changed since October 2019

swing and a miss

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So we can accept little to no changes and for the 10 thousandth year in a row, hope our new draft pick is exactly what we need and that our guys will just be better next year. What a joke of an organization.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I like that he mentions Jones as a standout. Maybe he wants to move out a big name or two and give more responsibility to Jones

Reactions: ujju2

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Pitts misses the playoffs for the first time in a long time and changes will be made. Edmonton misses as usual and we get a "we have to try harder"

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Holland;

That reminds me, did the Bobbie Nicks audit to end all audits ever get completed? Not sure if I ever saw/heard of the tendered audit report along with noted observations and management's response to correct said deficiencies. I'm sure he got sideline by the pursuit of the bigger, better burger for Rogers that of course would take precedence on the importance scale. :)

Reactions: Drivesaitl

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Kenny should pull a Chiarelli and speed up the process...
You do realize teams have been speeding up the process for decades and succeed at it right? Just because Chiarelli was an idiot doesn't mean speeding it up is a bad idea. I mean I guess we could just wait and hope for the best. That seemed to work for the entire time before Chiarelli too.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What exactly were you hoping he would say? there is no secret reason we sucked...everyone knows.
Seems to have actually said quite a bit so I'm not sure what people expected. The fact that he said what he did on AA is quite big

Reactions: Cloned

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
You do realize teams have been speeding up the process for decades and succeed at it right? Just because Chiarelli was an idiot doesn't mean speeding it up is a bad idea. I mean I guess we could just wait and hope for the best. That seemed to work for the entire time before Chiarelli too.
and there are ways to be "patient" but continuing to build on success unlike MacT and Tambo too..

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
What exactly were you hoping he would say? there is no secret reason we sucked...everyone knows.

Some insight rather than the plainly obvious. He did after all interview each player 3 days ago. Maybe offer up where he plans to improve, we need scoring wingers, goaltending, defence and a 3C. What are his priorities? What Oiler UFAs will be looking at resigning? What are his priorities heading into the draft? BPA? Forwards? I am not asking him to tip his hand but it is the atypical Oiler nonsense we are getting at the end of every year for the last 15 years.

I am sick and tired of this team not being honest with its fans and just f***ing around like blind men in a dark maze trying to find their way out and offering up only "We will try to do better next year" quotes.

Now we get 4 months of Stauffer polishing this complete turd of a hockey team like he does every goddam summer.

Am I pissed? Yes. This team pulled a massive no show in the playoffs and outside of 3 players, decided they only needed to play hard in the final 7 minutes before they were booted from the bubble. Gutless no heart no character team is what we have built that accepts losing as normal.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I mean the guy did come in and clean up a bunch of crap that was left from the previous GM. Getting rid of Lucic and actually getting a player that could produce was huge. He did add a bunch of depth guys that we didn't have before and they did pretty good too.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad