Ansar Khan: Holland reaches out to free agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I wouldn't mind Ribeiro, I feel like a lot of the dislike for him is pretty irrational and mostly based on a couple of dives/fakes he did years ago but people act like they are a recurring thing.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Ribeiro is a statistical anomaly case. He's very pathetic on defense, and the opp controls the puck more than his team on the ice. His team gives up more goals when he's on the ice... Yet he scores enough to get by. He's also not that good on the Faceoff circle.

crashman

Mike Ribeiro. That guy's a *******. I'm not crazy about Weiss, but he's the only UFA center that wouldn't bum me out if we signed.

Antropov wouldn't be that bad I suppose.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ribeiro is a statistical anomaly case. He's very pathetic on defense, and the opp controls the puck more than his team on the ice. His team gives up more goals when he's on the ice... Yet he scores enough to get by. He's also not that good on the Faceoff circle.

Agree with what you are saying. He's very much a one-dimensional player. But he does provide some goals/offense, and he is gifted in that regard. Maybe playing on a team like Detroit, the coaches would make him focus more on some of the things he neglects?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3 min
Lots of teams reached out on Alfredsson and while Boston is most aggressive, Detroit was among teams that also called (Swedish connections)

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 5 min
I think Weiss would be No. 1 option for Detroit but Bozak in there as well.. Wings still talking to Fil as well...

Toronto still in mix but Dal, StL, Cal, Ana and Det among teams that kicked tires on Bozak.. My sense is he'd do 5-yr deal or more

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3 min
Lots of teams reached out on Alfredsson and while Boston is most aggressive, Detroit was among teams that also called (Swedish connections)

I think Weiss would be No. 1 option for Detroit but Bozak in there as well.. Wings still talking to Fil as well...

Toronto still in mix but Dal, StL, Cal, Ana and Det among teams that kicked tires on Bozak.. My sense is he'd do 5-yr deal or more

I like the sound of this, sounds like Holland is trying to get something done.

I would be very happy with Bozak, I actually like him quite a bit. But even if we couldn't get him I would still be happy with Weiss.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Agree with what you are saying. He's very much a one-dimensional player. But he does provide some goals/offense, and he is gifted in that regard. Maybe playing on a team like Detroit, the coaches would make him focus more on some of the things he neglects?

He'd be better on a Run-'n-Gun team like Philly, rather than a two-way team like Detroit.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I can never take Bozak seriously

his name just looks too similar to Bozo so I always think of him as a clown

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Can I ask a question? What's Kenny trying to pull? First he's happy and isn't willing just hand out contracts; wants to build from within. But then he reaches out to free agents in hopes of not overpaying. I'm not one to bash Holland, but jeez make up your mind.

Do we REALLY know what he is doing or is this just a quessing game from the media?

Helene St. James reporting something IS NOT EXACTLY what Ken Holland is going to do.

crashman

I agree.

It also sounds like a slang term for part of the male anatomy, if you know what I'm sayin'.;)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Really, just stay away from all the centres. They aren't good.

What's the best solution to losing Filppula? If we split D and Z, and lose Filppula, our winger depth is pretty crappy in the top 6. I would like having another center to strengthen us down the middle and give us a better shot at rolling 3 scoring lines.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If the idea is to get only short-term deals to fit in the bigger plan, it will be some veteran like Iginla for 2 years. I'd love that to happen.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
What's the best solution to losing Filppula? If we split D and Z, and lose Filppula, our winger depth is pretty crappy in the top 6. I would like having another center to strengthen us down the middle and give us a better shot at rolling 3 scoring lines.

We lacked offense last year. We don't need centers, we need scoring wingers.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ok, just looked at what type of contract Bozak is looking for, and I changed my mind. That is a HUGE NO.

He wants a contract similar to what Filppula wants.

8 years, 5 million or better. :laugh:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

I can't take his demands seriously because I don't think he's that good of a player. He's played 20 minutes/game on a run and gun team along with top PP minutes. It's not a 45 point player looking for a better opportunity, it's a 45 point player looking for major cash. He's rounded out his game a bit I think, but not close to the point where I would want him anchoring a 2nd line. Any option out there is better.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I can't take his demands seriously because I don't think he's that good of a player. He's played 20 minutes/game on a run and gun team along with top PP minutes. It's not a 45 point player looking for a better opportunity, it's a 45 point player looking for major cash. He's rounded out his game a bit I think, but not close to the point where I would want him anchoring a 2nd line. Any option out there is better.

He's played with good players in Toronto and hasn't put up 50 points. I'd rather take Fil back than sign him. I had no idea he was asking for the type of deal he was, until I looked at some reports. Holy Crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad