News Article: Holland news conference Tuesday at 10 Edmonton time

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
What's the point of this? All it's going to do is frustrate an already frustrated fanbase even more. We've already seen these flailing GM press conferences many times when the ship is sinking and it's NEVER good, especially the final MacT presser which was an utter disaster and THE low point of the Decade of Darkness.

He needs to just stay behind the scenes, keep quiet, and get to work to try to fix this mess, his mess. It's not like he's going to give any intel of worth.

It's so the media have something to write about because apparently an 11 game losing streak is a non-story.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Do you really think he's going to try to placate our whiny petulant fanbase? He can announce the second coming of Grant Fuhr and some of us will be pissed off.

It's going to be all about what it's been all about, winning more playoff games.

Kane helps us do that, I'd hope we can get it done.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What's the point of this? All it's going to do is frustrate an already frustrated fanbase even more. We've already seen these flailing GM press conferences many times when the ship is sinking and it's NEVER good, especially the final MacT presser which was an utter disaster and THE low point of the Decade of Darkness.

He needs to just stay behind the scenes, keep quiet, and get to work to try to fix this mess, his mess. It's not like he's going to give any intel of worth.
I have to respectfully disagree...

the Memes and Gifs that are going to come out of today will be GOLD for years to come!

I mean, will we get a 'I know a thing or 2' moment? how about 'wingers are easy to get'? 'we are paying for our success in the 80's and every GM would love our core'. BOLD moves perhaps?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I have to respectfully disagree...

the Memes and Gifs that are going to come out of today will be GOLD for years to come!

I mean, will we get a 'I know a thing or 2' moment? how about 'wingers are easy to get'? 'we are paying for our success in the 80's and every GM would love our core'. BOLD moves perhaps?

Oh I agree with that. I think I've used them all up in the previous Decade of Darkness. It looks like I'll have to create a new Oilers suck related Memes and Gifs folder for Decade of Darkness Part Deux

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Do you really think he's going to try to placate our whiny petulant fanbase? He can announce the second coming of Grant Fuhr and some of us will be pissed off.

It's going to be all about what it's been all about, winning more playoff games.

Kane helps us do that, I'd hope we can get it done.
He doesn't make playoffs very often and he's been 'good' in them but he's got over 780 NHL games with a .65 ppg pace (great) and then it dips to .45 ppg. I know you can't blame a player for his team not making the playoffs but he's 30 and has 6 playoff goals. And one of his playoff runs saw him gambling in Vegas.

upload_2022-1-11_9-54-53.png

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Oh I agree with that. I think I've used them all up in the previous Decade of Darkness. It looks like I'll have to create a new Oilers suck related Memes and Gifs folder for Decade of Darkness Part Deux
I'll buy an Oilers ticket if Holland mentions how many rings he has.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'll honestly be disapointed if he makes sense and isn't quoteworthy.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad