Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
"Lots of belief in the room"

"We started hot and have cooled a bit"

"In Detroit one time in 1997 we had a losing streak too"

"I like Mikko's passion"

Gene: Just to follow up on that Ken, can we assume you have taken down your Christmas tree?

"Who put this thing together"? "ME" "Who do I trust"? "ME"

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'll repeat what I said in another thread

Expecting big things like.

"I believe the solution is in the room"
"Both are goalies are good and I trust them both to play well"
"We have been unlucky"
"I love what Tippett has done here, he is a great guy and has done good things and will continue to do good things"
"I haven't looked at any other goalie, I believe in our guys"
"I have looked at small moves but nothing out there I like, I am confident in this group"
"Some nonsensical anecdote about the Red Wings"
"Ummmmmmm"

Don't forget...

"Money in, money out."

Reactions: CycloneSweep

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
These local ****ing media shills better relentlessly grill him.

They won’t though.

“So, Ken looks like the guys are really trying hard out there. What moral victories can you take from this?”

I have no idea how the effort has been the last 3 games, don’t care. I’ve quit watching for the first time in my entire life as a fan. This is worse than the decade of darkness right now for me.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

They won’t though.

“So, Ken looks like the guys are really trying hard out there. What moral victories can you take from this?”

I have no idea how the effort has been the last 3 games, don’t care. I’ve quit watching for the first time in my entire life as a fan. This is worse than the decade of darkness right now for me.

Sadly "effort" seems to be the new low bar. Execution at a base level expected from NHL players - forget that. We are now just happy if they appear to be trying.

Effort has been better the last few games, but I don't really give a shit about that. Effort should be a given, the fact that we have to give out brownie points for it now is pathetic.

Reactions: snipes

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
"is it starting to hit home how much the game has passed you by and that maybe you should have taken the retirement contract in Detroit as you clearly have no idea what to do in the current NHL landscape?"
--Jim Matheson

Ironic considering Matheson, like Holland, should have retired two decades ago.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Creds to @foegoal on Twitter:

836FA8C8-D72C-4DDD-94D7-A84E9D7A7715.jpeg

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Sadly "effort" seems to be the new low bar. Execution at a base level expected from NHL players - forget that. We are now just happy if they appear to be trying.

Effort has been better the last few games, but I don't really give a shit about that. Effort should be a given, the fact that we have to give out brownie points for it now is pathetic.

Exactly.

“He showed up to court and spoke words for his client”.

If only doing what is a given and expected in our jobs was a standard to give out gold stars eh?

The mainstream media are a bunch of bootlickers. Is Spector still blaming Oilers fans for Tippett’s 11 or 12 straight losses or whatever it is now?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Exactly.

“He showed up to court and spoke words for his client”.

If only doing what is a given and expected in our jobs was a standard to give out gold stars eh?

The mainstream media are a bunch of bootlickers. Is Spector still blaming Oilers fans for Tippett’s 11 or 12 straight losses or whatever it is now?

He's only assigned blame to McDavid and Leon so far.

He's in full out campaign mode to keep Tippett though. Retweeting the odd opinion of someone advocating keeping Tippett, framing every angle as "look they haven't tuned him out!" f***ing ridiculous at this point.

Reactions: snipes

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006

They won’t though.

Absolutely worse than the decade of darkness. We have two of the best players in the world and had tons of cap space this past offseason,. Now we are in cap hell sitting outside of the playoffs and have lost our eleventh straight under Tipsy (but of course the media doesn't talk about that).

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Absolutely worse than the decade of darkness. We have two of the best players in the world and had tons of cap space this past offseason,. Now we are in cap hell sitting outside of the playoffs and have lost our eleventh straight under Tipsy (but of course the media doesn't talk about that).

Could you imagine if this was Vancouver or Toronto media?

They’d be doing their damn job and advocating for the fans. You know, the people who put in their free time and provide the financial resources to pay the players salaries through live gate, merchandise, and watching on television which supports the TV deals they get.

This organization doesn’t give a shit about its loyal and passionate fanbase. I’m moving from contempt and anger about it to just pure indifference towards this now. Far, far worse than the decade of darkness now.

As I mentioned I haven’t watched the last 3 games which is the first time that’s happened in my entire life as a fan. Going to stick with that I think until serious changes are made.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Nothing happening is something going wrong though :P

Nothing to lose sleep over at this point. What happens, happens. All we can do to try and make changes is to stop supporting the team financially. Katz may actually want the team to be successful, but given the valuation of the team compared to when he bought it and all of the money he’s made on real estate ventures related to it, I’m sure this is how he feels:

crying-money.gif

Reactions: CycloneSweep

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

They won’t though.

I had no hope during the decade of darkness, so I didn’t expect any better. I watched for individual players and to see if I could see any potential. Having hope like the last couple years and seeing it dashed after 15 years of mediocrity at best is too much, man.

Reactions: RattsSSV and snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I had no hope during the decade of darkness, so I didn’t expect any better. I watched for individual players and to see if I could see any potential. Having hope like the last couple years and seeing it dashed after 15 years of mediocrity at best is too much, man.

Exactly, I was fully expecting us to lose during the decade of darkness. It was readily apparent.

This glimmer of hope with our start to this season after like you said the past 15 years is just gut wrenching.

We’re not making the playoffs. I wouldn’t even blame either or both of McDrai if they wanted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad