Pre-Game Talk: Holland, Komarov, to return | Leafs @ Devils | Wednesday, January 28th | 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I understand that but don't you think Kadri-Franson would be a more dangerous 1PP than Gardiner (I don't know what to do with the puck once I have it) - Kadri pairing?

Franson has got nothing to prove, they are probably going to trade him and want to see what they have, when or if they trade both Franson and Phanuef.

Or if Kadri wants 5.5 to 6 million on his next contract he has to prove he's worth it and Gardiner to has got to show he is a D that can play the PP point or he too will be traded, sort of a two edged sword.

buttman*

Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
New-look Leaf lines today: Komarov-Kadri-Kessel. van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Clarkson. Winnik-Holland-Santorelli. Panik/Booth-Smith-Lupul.

Lupul on the 4th line, maybe for less minutes for a complete recovery.

Move Winnik to center get rid of Smith. The Leafs desperately need some defensively responsible centers.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Today begins the epic win streak to make the playoffs. (sorry tankers)

Our schedule is very easy coming up. We play a lot of bad teams.

Having Holland back is going to be an enormous help. We need at least 3 legit centers. Only having 2 was really hurting us the last bunch of games. Komorov being back will also help.

I actually really like the lines right now. Our top 9 looks great! I think we're all excited to see this top line. I still don't like Smith on the 4th line... but when Lupul comes back, maybe he'll take Winnik's spot and Winnik will become the 4th line Center. 4th line isn't that bad though even with Smith... and he's pretty responsible, so it's really just nit-picking.

Defense will be interesting. I would hope that Holzer - Franson is the 3rd pair rather than the first.

But honestly... why do we even need to play defense with Bernier in net? We just need to score goals and Bernier will keep us in games (so can Reimer). I think that's our best chance to win... just score lots of goals.

We haven't had the puck luck... and I think it'll come roaring back with floods of goals against some of these bad teams.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It's so hard to be invested in anything other than the tank now.

You look at most of this roster and you feel like it could be drastically different in a calendar year.

You look at the coach and GM and you are convinced they won't be here next year.

It's just not very fun watching this team, and it's going to be even worse now that they start winning and screw themselves of a pick - because you all know it's going to happen.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
It's so hard to be invested in anything other than the tank now.

You look at most of this roster and you feel like it could be drastically different in a calendar year.

You look at the coach and GM and you are convinced they won't be here next year.

It's just not very fun watching this team, and it's going to be even worse now that they start winning and screw themselves of a pick - because you all know it's going to happen.

I hope you realize that the team will likely still be without that said first line centre of we were to draft him.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto

Having Holland back is going to be an enormous help. We need at least 3 legit centers. Only having 2 was really hurting us the last bunch of games. Komorov being back will also help.

I actually really like the lines right now. Our top 9 looks great! I think we're all excited to see this top line. I still don't like Smith on the 4th line... but when Lupul comes back, maybe he'll take Winnik's spot and Winnik will become the 4th line Center. 4th line isn't that bad though even with Smith... and he's pretty responsible, so it's really just nit-picking.

Defense will be interesting. I would hope that Holzer - Franson is the 3rd pair rather than the first.

But honestly... why do we even need to play defense with Bernier in net? We just need to score goals and Bernier will keep us in games (so can Reimer). I think that's our best chance to win... just score lots of goals.

We haven't had the puck luck... and I think it'll come roaring back with floods of goals against some of these bad teams.

We can only hope not. This team is trash and has been for like 7+ years now

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
New Jersey should be an easy 2 points, even for this bunch.

Have you seen the last game against NJ?

Actually, let me re-phrase.

Have you seen the Leafs play in the last 20 games? Have you seen how bad they are?

:help:

Easy 2 points... good lord...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The All-Star break with the Leafs off has actually provided a little peace to Leaf Nation and provided a break from the constant chaos that follows this team around.

Today ends that vacation for Leaf Nation and it all starts up again with Leafs now clinging on in the playoff race double digits behind the WC teams.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009

Leafs have a 4.5% chance of making the playoffs...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs have a 4.5% chance of making the playoffs...

The Washington loss yesterday actually increased the Leafs odds by +.05% and its up to 5% as of this morning.

Leafs need ~46 points from 34 games remaining to reach that mark.

At one point in this season Leafs had 41 points after 31 games so Leafs have played (under a previous coach) at that playoff race level.

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I hope you realize that the team will likely still be without that said first line centre of we were to draft him.

Only way you get them is via the draft. Been saying it for a while now. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a miserable group of players to watch.

buttman*

The All-Star break with the Leafs off has actually provided a little peace to Leaf Nation and provided a break from the constant chaos that follows this team around.

Today ends that vacation for Leaf Nation and it all starts up again with Leafs now clinging on in the playoff race double digits behind the WC teams.

You can give a bad team as much time off as you want, when they come back they are still a bad team.

Nothing has changed. The definition of insanity...leads me to believe that many buds fans are actually, insane.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
You can give a bad team as much time off as you want, when they come back they are still a bad team.

Nothing has changed. The definition of insanity...leads me to believe that many buds fans are actually, insane.

What is really sad is Leafs only have a 5% mathematical of making the playoffs with 34 games to go.

What that means that we are finishing off year 6 of this failed rebuild and now Leaf Nation has to endure the Leafs playing out that last 34 games with a 95% of the season ending without playoffs.

Its not the Fans that are to blame here, for being put in this position by ownership and management. What choice to we (the fans) have but tune in and watch & support our team and accept the inevitable outcome?

PlietscherDassel

Dec 3, 2009
ICE HOCKEY????:help:

I don’t know the background of Señor Martinez but in most countries of the world hockey is what you north americans would probably call field hockey and therefore what you know as hockey is called ice hockey in these countries.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Holzer-Franson
Rielly-Polak
Gardiner-Granberg

Love it! Tank on! Big big game for the tank. NJD 5 points behind with 1 game in hand.

Lose and NJD is 3 behind with 1 in hand
Win and NJD is 7 behind with 1 in hand

Huge.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
:facepalm:

Sure thing! :scared:

I know the Leafs are struggling right now, but come on... the Devils are just really bad.... Do you realize that if Clarkson was still a Devil, his 10 goals would put him second on the team in scoring.... The Devils top scorer is averaging .65ppg..... The Leafs shouldn't have to worry about giving up 3-5 goals tonight and should be able to concentrate a bit more on potting a few of their own.

Clarkson with a 3 pt night vs his former club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad