Pre-Game Talk: Holland, Komarov, to return | Leafs @ Devils | Wednesday, January 28th | 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I know the Leafs are struggling right now, but come on... the Devils are just really bad.... Do you realize that if Clarkson was still a Devil, his 10 goals would put him second on the team in scoring.... The Devils top scorer is averaging .65ppg..... The Leafs shouldn't have to worry about giving up 3-5 goals tonight and should be able to concentrate a bit more on potting a few of their own.

Clarkson with a 3 pt night vs his former club.

:huh:

Go get'em Clarkson! ;)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I know the Leafs are struggling right now, but come on... the Devils are just really bad.... Do you realize that if Clarkson was still a Devil, his 10 goals would put him second on the team in scoring.... The Devils top scorer is averaging .65ppg..... The Leafs shouldn't have to worry about giving up 3-5 goals tonight and should be able to concentrate a bit more on potting a few of their own.

Haha, Leafs can give up goals against a peewee team. Please, don't underestimate the Leafs ability to give up goals to anybody. Devils will score at least 3 tonight

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

December 4th, 2014

NJ 5 - Toronto 3

http://espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400563898

Leafs have already given up 5 goals to the Devils and lost once this year. ;)

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
I wonder how the KKK line will work. Kadri and Komarov are good at cycling but Kessel basically refuses to. Komarov isn`t the fastest guy and likely won`t be there for 2-on-1s with Kessel.

PlietscherDassel

Dec 3, 2009
I think we will win this one. Our D looks pretty bad and our offense was almost nonexistent before the break but winning against the Devils and successfully fighting for one of those sweet spots in the standings that neither get you into the standings nor a top 5 (maybe even 10) pick would just be the most leafiest thing to do.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I hope that Clarkson is our best player for the rest of the season, just to raise his value. At what point does his contract become moveable? 40 points? 50?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think we will win this one. Our D looks pretty bad and our offense was almost nonexistent before the break but winning against the Devils and successfully fighting for one of those sweet spots in the standings that neither get you into the standings nor a top 5 (maybe even 10) pick would just be the most leafiest thing to do.

I also put Leafs odds of winning 75% and losing 25% tonight.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Also its pretty funny to me that the first line center for the devils this season has been the former san jose sharks 4th line center... Scotty Gomez LOL

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
The Washington loss yesterday actually increased the Leafs odds by +.05% and its up to 5% as of this morning.

Leafs need ~46 points from 34 games remaining to reach that mark.

At one point in this season Leafs had 41 points after 31 games so Leafs have played (under a previous coach) at that playoff race level.

I know, our previous coach was a real winner... well, it's a shame.

But now during the all star break, I expect our special teams like the powerplay to click like a time bomb. Kessel and bozak and jvr better start producing goals for us. Horachek I'm sure has used this all star time of his very wisely... :sarcasm: This coach can't even win in toronto.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Can't lose em all.

Small victories.
Hope all players have good stat nights and increase their value!

Most of them look like draft picks skating around the ice - the more they score, the better the pick.

to date:
Winnik = 3rd + 5th
Santorelli = 2nd
Franson = 2nd + prospect

Raise your value boys!

I want:
1st (top 5)
1st (15-20)
1st (20-30)
2nd

by the end of the year - Don't fool us now!GO LEAFS!

that means no playoffs next year, 8th 9th pick again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad