I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson
Leivo - Kadri - Holland

hmmmm I like the looks of that

member 147413

Leivo isn't ready for Top 6 in the NHL and that line would have to be extremely sheltered.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
We will see, even last year, all I expected from him was 20-20.

My expectations were never he was a 30 goal scorer. 60 point fwd. Some people were unrealistic. Look, he was bad last year, but some people just have their scape goats here when there were other players to blame too.

He was lost last year and he didn't earn his paycheque. But I also know what kind of guy he is, I think Shanny coming in will reinvigorate him.

If he can produce 20-20, be physical, stand up for teammates, agitate, be a net presence, play sound D. I will have no problem with him.

I hope you do realize his career high is 16 assists, and that he has only gotten over 20 goals once and that was while being spoon fed PP time with a coach who had a HUGE love affair with him dating back to his junior days (DumBoer).

Just go on the Devils board and look at how much Jersey fans rip DumBoer apart at the seams for his awful coaching. Absolutely complete ruination and atrocity in developing Adam Larsson, starting Brodeur over Schneider even though Schneider was CLEARLY the better goalie, having a total hard-on for mediocre to bad vets (Clarkson, Zubrus, Harrold, etc), as well as playing vets over young guys (just as bad as Carlyle in that regard), as well as being a completely stubborn mule. You could argue he actually cost the Devils a playoff spot with his horrendous decision making.

The only contract that will even come close to challenging Clarkson's for atrocity is Dustin Brown (starts next year at a higher cap hit and runs 2 years longer than Clarkson's), and at least Brown can provide proven leadership (captained a cup team in LA) and can lay out HUGE hits as well as play rock solid in his own end. Bryan Bickell's contract sucks as well, but his lasts only 3 more years and is a bull that can hit and stay on his skates.

Clarkson is weak on his skates and can't skate in general, isn't big or strong enough to be an overwhelming physical force, has tunnel vision worse than Grabovski, cannot make a pass to save his life, is a complete dumbass and has no feel for the game (getting himself suspended for coming off the bench for NO good reason whatsoever, just to fight someone in a preseason game is a perfect example of his feel for the game), cannot handle the puck, has a decent shot that is wildly inaccurate, and has a fetish for meaningless and wasteful wraparounds and backhand floaters that have zero chance of going in, and takes really dumb penalties.

Kyle Doobas*

oh-snap.gif

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
I think Holland has to play with Clarkson. Kadri makes some real fancy plays that Clarkson's low IQ can't handle. Holland is a shooter and likes to carry the puck. Trick Clarkson into being a net crasher and he'll get his chances.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Leivo looks like a young Lupul with more heart and desire and possibly better puck skills.

I hope you are aware that Leivo has come nowhere close to the point totals Lupul put up prior to being drafted or after being drafted?

I'm hoping for a Kris Versteeg type career out of Leivo.

Expecting Leivo to have the offensive upside of 7th overall pick Lupul is foolish at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad