Line Combos: Holland-Kadri-Leivo

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
For next season could this be an effective line?

I know Holland is a natural center, but i mean this kid is 6 foot 2 hes a shooter and hes great downlow in the boards battling for pucks... To me he would be a good winger.

Holland was a great pickup by Nonis, a 15th overall draft pick a kid who has size at 6 foot 2 and a lot of skill to go with it... He is definitely a sharpshooter and he also has great puck controll and foot speed along with pretty good vision.

I honestly dont see him being anything special as a top 6 centerman, but as a scoring winger on a team i think he would be very effective. Him and Leivo are both 6 foot 2 sharpshooting wingers with a good puck possesion game as well. This gives Kadri 2 players that not only can finish plays but they have skill to create plays as well.

This line would also be good 2 ways as Holland is a good 2 way player and Leivo is pretty solid as well.

Not to mention that this would be a very cheap line salary wise.

I just think Holland and Leivo would be very skilled big wingers for us who could jump in next year and put up possible 15 plus goal years with the right opportunity. Also these guys would come at a very cheap contract.

Leivo could potentially wait a few more years in the Marlies but Holland i feel is a boom or bust for us and i think at C he wont have as much success as at wing.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Probably work better than Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson/Raymond but not Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin.
If Lupul doesn't get traded, I would like to see Lupul-Kadri-Holland next season.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Leivo looks like a young Lupul with more heart and desire and possibly better puck skills.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I like it, but that means bolland would have to be resigned.

100% I think Holland should be moved to the wing, Kadri has already started improving on faceoffs and I think Holland is a goalscoring guy who would do well with a playmaker. We just dont have the room for him to be a offensive C unless Bolland is gone.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
2 rookies on the same line with a center who's not known for his defense dose not seem like a recipe for success .

But this is the Leafs so as long as they can produce at a decent clip , most will ignore how many they give up .

Holland either makes the team or goes on waivers so i can't see him being sent down , Levio i think may be a mid season call up if he keeps progressing .

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I like it, but that means bolland would have to be resigned.

100% I think Holland should be moved to the wing, Kadri has already started improving on faceoffs and I think Holland is a goalscoring guy who would do well with a playmaker. We just dont have the room for him to be a offensive C unless Bolland is gone.

Yeah, if we dont resign Bolland we sorta need Holland to be our 3C... But realistically we wanna win now were not gonna leave the 3C job to a Holland when Kadri and Bozak are our top 2 Cs... Bolland will likely be resigned the guys a two way beast and a solid vet to have around.

glasses91

Jul 10, 2012
Steelheads!?
I like it. However, Leivo will make some mistakes next season and leaf fans better not give up on him. For sure he'll get some time. Leivo McKegg Abbott will be Marlies 1st line next year.

JVR Bozy Kessel
Lupul Kadri Holland
Kulemin Bolland Clarkson
D'Amigo McClement Carrick Broll Mclaren

Rielly Phaneuf
Gunnarsson Granberg
Gardiner Gleason

Sorry Raymond and Franson but, I can predict the future.

Go Marlies.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
2 rookies on the same line with a center who's not known for his defense dose not seem like a recipe for success .

But this is the Leafs so as long as they can produce at a decent clip , most will ignore how many they give up .

Dont think they would be as bad of a two way line as you seem to think.. Obviously you dont play them against the top lines of the league.. Play them against other teams 3rd lines for the most part... And let them do there thing, it would be a good skilled line, all 3 guys can be counted on to be effective on the forecheck and be a threat with the puck.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Think that depends if we re-sign Bolland or not. If not, Holland should be our 3rd line center.

If Kulemin is re-signed and Bolland let go
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Komarov-Holland-Clarkson
(I would go with this given the choice)

If Bolland and Kulemin are both re-signed
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Komorav-Bolland-Holland

So many variables depending who gets re-signed, UFA signings, and trades.

Last edited:

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Dont think they would be as bad of a two way line as you seem to think.. Obviously you dont play them against the top lines of the league.. Play them against other teams 3rd lines for the most part... And let them do there thing, it would be a good skilled line, all 3 guys can be counted on to be effective on the forecheck and be a threat with the puck.

You can shelter them more at home but on the road without the benefit of last change it becomes difficult . Hopefully we can increase our possession game and cut down on our d-zone starts which would benefit our entire team .

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
why dont we blow it up and go with:

JVR-Kadri-Clarkson
Leivo-Bolland-Komarov/D'amigo/holland

kessel-traded
lupul-traded
bozak-traded

jvr- young and has a good contract
kadri- young and still proving himself
clarkson- cant be traded
Leivo- good winger prospect
Bolland- heart and soul type of player
other wing- let a young player get a chance to prove he is worthy of playing in the NHL

tank for mcdavid?!?!?!

legit contenders in 3 years.... or we can keep going with this team and constantly lose, up to Shanny i guess.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
You can shelter them more at home but on the road without the benefit of last change it becomes difficult . Hopefully we can increase our possession game and cut down on our d-zone starts which would benefit our entire team .

He did play with Clarkson, so really, how much worse can it get? :help:

MildlyAwesome

Rational Leaf Fan
Jun 4, 2009
Canada
Anyone who thinks this will be an effective line is fooling themselves. One of them is a rookie and not a blue chip, and the other is a 3rd line centre. That line would have Kadri hit maybe 45 points as that line can't be trusted to play more than 15 minutes on average. .

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Not impressive. That would be basically a situation where they will have to prove that they will work rather than just thought of as a good line based on any name recognition or previous perceived "two-way ability". That doesn't look like a legit NHL line based on pure name recognition alone imo, and it shouldn't to anyone.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I think Leivo is gonna be a beast. One of my favorite marlies to watch.

Leivo Holland Komorav is what I'd like to see as the 3rd line

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Not impressive. That would be basically a situation where they will have to prove that they will work rather than just thought of as a good line based on any name recognition or previous perceived "two-way ability". That doesn't look like a legit NHL line based on pure name recognition alone imo, and it shouldn't to anyone.

Name recognition? Everytime you discuss potential line combinations you obviously have to prove that they work well together. How else are you going to know if they work well together unless you put the 3 on a line together? That would be a solid sheltered line IMO, I have no idea what you're talking about..

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
why dont we blow it up and go with:

JVR-Kadri-Clarkson
Leivo-Bolland-Komarov/D'amigo/holland

kessel-traded
lupul-traded
bozak-traded

jvr- young and has a good contract
kadri- young and still proving himself
clarkson- cant be traded
Leivo- good winger prospect
Bolland- heart and soul type of player
other wing- let a young player get a chance to prove he is worthy of playing in the NHL

tank for mcdavid?!?!?!

legit contenders in 3 years.... or we can keep going with this team and constantly lose, up to Shanny i guess.

That would be the worst Leafs team ever assembled and would indeed give you a 25% chance of McDavid. Are you feeling lucky?

And Clarkson's value is at a high point right now. He's worth less than nothing but right now you can probably still move him if you eat half his contract. Give it another year and he will be worth less than that.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Good point :laugh:

I see Clarkson bouncing back next year, maybe with a new Center that he has better chemistry with. Holland has some cycle ability, maybe Holland, Ashton(who are tearing it up in the playoffs) and Clarkson. I want Holland's size at Center is the main point.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Name recognition? Everytime you discuss potential line combinations you obviously have to prove that they work well together. How else are you going to know if the work well together unless you put the 3 on a line together? That would be a solid sheltered line IMO, I have no idea what you're talking about..

Basically, they don't have the name recognition like a Pavelski coming into Toronto and being immediately slotted into the number one role on the team. Or a player like Bolland who was immediately slotted into as the third line centre. 2 of those players on that line are marlies and aren't even considered NHL players yet let alone second line players players. There's no name recognition. There's nothing to get excited about.

I don't even know what line that's suppose to be. I'm guessing with Kadri there it should be the 2nd line. But there's no Lupul and Kadri has switched back and forth between the 3rd and 2nd line before. Plus with two marlies rookies, I'm guessing there won't be a lot of scoring so they'll have to play in a third line role. It just looks like a mess ready to happen. And having Kadri as the most experienced player on that line :shakehead

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I see Clarkson bouncing back next year, maybe with a new Center that he has better chemistry with. Holland has some cycle ability, maybe Holland, Ashton(who are tearing it up in the playoffs) and Clarkson. I want Holland's size at Center is the main point.

Bouncing back from an 11pt season ain't that difficult. The question is will he bounce back to just being bad instead of plain awful

He'll never live up to the money he got but he needs to contribute or get in the press box. Was he ever scratched healthy this year?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
That would be the worst Leafs team ever assembled and would indeed give you a 25% chance of McDavid. Are you feeling lucky?

And Clarkson's value is at a high point right now. He's worth less than nothing but right now you can probably still move him if you eat half his contract. Give it another year and he will be worth less than that.

25% chance of McDavid but a 100% chance at McDavid or Eichel .

The sad part is you're probably bang on about Clarkson .

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

I think he'd work well with either Carrick or McKegg . :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad