Holiday Dream Thread

You are granted one wish, which one do you pick?

• Play 1 game with the Leafs, you score the Cup winning goal in OT but you never play hockey again.

Votes: 46 74.2%
  • Play 5 seasons with the Sens as a 2nd liner, with a cup win.

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Play 10 years with the Habs as a 4th liner, with a cup win.

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Am I being paid as an NHL player? Because I take a few million dollars with guaranteed employment for 5/10 years rather than winning the cup and playing 1 game.

I mean, being THAT guy for the Leafs would be insane, but it basically because a story to get free drinks down the line. Sens/Habs option I'm set for life.

Took option 2, assuming that I'm making north of $3million per year as a 2nd liner.

Yup guaranteed money.

Reactions: Nizdizzle
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I'd be living my dream of playing in the NHL for 10 years with financial security. I wouldn't give a damn about the Leafs in that scenario

Plus, Montreal has a nice goal horn, even though it wouldn't be triggered as much when I am on the ice lol

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Am I being paid as an NHL player? Because I take a few million dollars with guaranteed employment for 5/10 years rather than winning the cup and playing 1 game.

I mean, being THAT guy for the Leafs would be insane, but it basically because a story to get free drinks down the line. Sens/Habs option I'm set for life.

Took option 2, assuming that I'm making north of $3million per year as a 2nd liner.

sometimes in life, money isn't everything and memories are what you take with you to the resting place and leave an impact on future generations.

(P.S. there is no way you would be able to control how your great grandchildren spend your money FYI ;))

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
sometimes in life, money isn't everything and memories are what you take with you to the resting place and leave an impact on future generations.

(P.S. there is no way you would be able to control how your great grandchildren spend your money FYI ;))

My great grandchildren can go straight to hell, I'm buying a yacht.

(but on a serious note, I agree with you but in this situation I'd be making more yearly than I'll probably make in my life - so no single memory is going to supplant that in importance. Living the rest of my life with the knowledge I can easily provide for my family and future children? I'll take that every time)

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
The Sens and Hab options were subtle hints that you would make some cash (because of the length of your career) but play for a hated rival or the Leaf option you make almost no money but get the glory of your favorite team and be come a trivia question.

It a bit of a social experiment, money or glory for your team?

Meh, it’s money + glory for the team you’re playing for. It’s not like you’re Alex Semin. You’re a contributor during a Stanley cup run.

I admire the loyalty of my fellow Leaf fans. BUt what you’re describing under the first option is essentially being Jeff Farkas or Lonny Bohonos had the Leafs won the cup in one of those early 2000’s years.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hmm depends... How nice was the cup winning goal I hypothetically score to win the cup? :sarcasm:

Also why do I never play a game again? Shades of Bill Barilko?

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Hmm depends... How nice was the cup winning goal I hypothetically score to win the cup? :sarcasm:

I have to assume it goes in off your butt after getting taken down while screening the goalie, with the crowd thinking it’s Reilly/Gardiner’s goal anyway.

In the take down, you blow out your Achilles and it never gets right again. Can’t even hoist the cup on the ice because you can’t stand.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

You are quick Bert, that was kinda where I was going, kinda surprised no one asked why only one game before you did.

I find it really interesting to see the cross section of people and their thought process.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I have to assume it goes in off your butt after getting taken down while screening the goalie, with the crowd thinking it’s Reilly/Gardiner’s goal anyway.

In the take down, you blow out your Achilles and it never gets right again. Can’t even hoist the cup on the ice because you can’t stand.

Well that's depressing :laugh:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

You score on a break away, you throw a bone crushing body check to steal the puck, skate through 3 forwards , split the D while doing a Savardian spin-o-rama, with a splash of Datsyuk, then top cheddar. It comes out later you went the sick kids hospital earlier in the day and you promised a child that you would score the winning goal for him.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Meh, it’s money + glory for the team you’re playing for. It’s not like you’re Alex Semin. You’re a contributor during a Stanley cup run.

I admire the loyalty of my fellow Leaf fans. BUt what you’re describing under the first option is essentially being Jeff Farkas or Lonny Bohonos had the Leafs won the cup in one of those early 2000’s years.

Yep,bingo.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
You score on a break away, you throw a bone crushing body check to steal the puck, skate through 3 forwards , split the D while doing a Savardian spin-o-rama, with a splash of Datsyuk, then top cheddar. It comes out later you went the sick kids hospital earlier in the day and you promised a child that you would score the winning goal for him.

And you never play again because.....

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I love the Leafs. But I also love hockey. If I could play five years as a second liner and win a cup, those would be five whole incredible years, which is worth more than one night. Playing in the whole playoffs as the team came together (and scoring some timely goals myself as a second liner) to win it all would be almost as good as scoring the big goal myself. Plus NHL 2nd liner money for 5 years would be more than enough to set me up for life.

You'd have to amputate both my legs above the knees if you wanted to me never play hockey again. Then I'd play sledge lol.

Reactions: Bluelines

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
i'm going with the cash , 5 years as a 2nd liner pays better than being a 4th liner for 10 years

i'll go back to being a Leaf fan after i retire

Reactions: Bluelines

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad