Holiday Dream Thread

You are granted one wish, which one do you pick?

• Play 1 game with the Leafs, you score the Cup winning goal in OT but you never play hockey again.

Votes: 46 74.2%
  • Play 5 seasons with the Sens as a 2nd liner, with a cup win.

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Play 10 years with the Habs as a 4th liner, with a cup win.

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Stanley Cup Finals - Game 7. Leafs Vs. (most hated Western Team) 5 on 3 powerplay for the bad guys. Their defensemen pass it back and forth. You block the first shot. They pass it down to a forward. You dive and knock it to the blue line, but not out. The defensemen take a couple more shots. You block both of them. What are your other players even doing on this 5 on 3? Suddenly you skate toward one of their defense. He panics and throws it to his partner, but you DIVE, knock it out, hop to your feet and skate it down on an uncontested breakaway. It's just you and the goalie. You deke twice, pull it between your legs, and up and over his shoulder. The Leafs win the cup in overtime!

The team gets so excited that they pile on you, fracturing a vertebrae and ending your career. You can never skate properly again without pain. But you know what? It doesn't matter. Because you're a God damn hero.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Stanley Cup Finals - Game 7. Leafs Vs. (most hated Western Team) 5 on 3 powerplay for the bad guys. Their defensemen pass it back and forth. You block the first shot. They pass it down to a forward. You dive and knock it to the blue line, but not out. The defensemen take a couple more shots. You block both of them. What are your other players even doing on this 5 on 3? Suddenly you skate toward one of their defense. He panics and throws it to his partner, but you DIVE, knock it out, hop to your feet and skate it down on an uncontested breakaway. It's just you and the goalie. You deke twice, pull it between your legs, and up and over his shoulder. The Leafs win the cup in overtime!

The team gets so excited that they pile on you, fracturing a vertebrae and ending your career. You can never skate properly again without pain. But you know what? It doesn't matter. Because you're a God damn hero.

Chandler gets it... ;)

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
The Leafs signed me to a terrible 10 year contract & are still paying me 9 years later because they refuse to buy me out. :laugh:

But because i scored The Stanley Cup winning goal i am a legend in Toronto & am the greatest Leaf since Dave Keon.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I considered the money.

I used Marleau's agent to highlight that at 44 and coming off a solid beer league season last year, that I could contribute for just a game. Unlike Marleau, I don't need a NMC.

Though the boys from Larry's Grill and Tire Centre were pushing hard for me to play with them next season, I was willing to take a home town discount to play for the Leafs. I just might not make the pregame skate as my wife and I have to get the kids ready for their after school sports.

I also pointed out that HF Boards was ok with the deal because I could be buried in the minors. That the general consensus was that 10 million for a single game winning goal would be worth the cap hit and risk.

The Board absolutely loved my good luck PDO numbers for one game. Highest ever. I won't tell anyone but it's probably because the goalies we play against can't bend down anymore.

And my CF% is wickedly good... namely because I'm good at holding the puck behind my net while my 4 other teammates have fled the zone looking for a 3 line stretch pass.

My underlying numbers are good and cap hits mean nothing so it was a no brainer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluelines

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I considered the money.

I used Marleau's agent to highlight that at 44 and coming off a solid beer league season last year, that I could contribute for just a game. Unlike Marleau, I don't need a NMC.

Though the boys from Larry's Grill and Tire Centre were pushing hard for me to play with them next season, I was willing to take a home town discount to play for the Leafs. I just might not make the pregame skate as my wife and I have to get the kids ready for their after school sports.

I also pointed out that HF Boards was ok with the deal because I could be buried in the minors. That the general consensus was that 10 million for a single game winning goal would be worth the cap hit and risk.

The Board absolutely loved my good luck PDO numbers for one game. Highest ever. I won't tell anyone buy it's probably because the goalies we play against can't bend down anymore.

And my CF% is wickedly good... namely because I'm good at holding the puck behind my net while my 4 other teammates have fled the zone looking for a 3 line stretch pass.

My underlying numbers are good and cap hits mean nothing so it was a no brainer.

I despise "advance" fan stats... which is why I liked your witty and sarcastic post... You had me at PDO...

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
All about that 2nd line money for 5 years.

Make 2-5M/year for 5 years and I'll never have to work again.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Once you win the Leafs the cup, you sell out as hard as possible. "I used to win Stanley Cup Championships. Now I drink Budweiser!" "Unfortunately, my body isn't built Ford tough. Lucky for me, my truck is."

Then you partner up, and become the face of a charity for injured athletes. That's where the real money is.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
All about that 2nd line money for 5 years.

Make 2-5M/year for 5 years and I'll never have to work again.

The more you make the more you spend, $2 mil is not what it use to be. Buddy of mine was a paper millionaire a few years ago and he still works 60 hour weeks just to pay the bills.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Once you win the Leafs the cup, you sell out as hard as possible. "I used to win Stanley Cup Championships. Now I drink Budweiser!" "Unfortunately, my body isn't built Ford tough. Lucky for me, my truck is."

Then you partner up, and become the face of a charity for injured athletes. That's where the real money is.

I'm assuming since you sling and "drink" Bud you are bankrupt?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
The more you make the more you spend, $2 mil is not what it use to be. Buddy of mine was a paper millionaire a few years ago and he still works 60 hour weeks just to pay the bills.

Not if you live a reasonable lifestyle with proper investments.

Plus if I'm playing 5 years, and let's say I played in 80% of games due to injury/benching/unforeseen circumstance that's still 168 more games than I need to get the NHL pension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad