Confirmed with Link: Holden to Boston for Rob O'Gara + 2018 3rd round pick

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
We flipped Holden for greater value then what we paid for him. Phenomenal trade. GL Holden. Wish you were a better player, wish more AV played to your strengths instead of putting you in a position to fail as often as he did.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Holden was not even on the ice on 5-4 and 5-5 goals.

Considering how often people blame Holden for those goals specifically, this piece of info is hilarious.

Hey I’m still surprised we even made it to the second round that year, and others still think little snap shot errors kept us from going deep.

Don’t try to make sense too much amigo.

A lot of those snap shot errors added up because of consistent mistakes by the coach so it makes sense that it started to get melded together into one giant cluster f*** to many people. Holden always got more shit than he deserved here considering AV put him in a position to sink all the time.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Ever play roller hockey at the rink behind the Smithtown Public Library in Nesconset? We call it the Armory, it's in the parking lot. I know a lot of guys out there and in Nesconset who play there.

No, but I went there once to take a look at the rink when it first opened. Most of my roller hockey friends had moved off the island by the time that rink opened. We played a lot at the rink on Browns road across from the baseball fields until it got torn down due to complaints by the neighbors.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Holden was never a problem here...vigneaults usage of him was the problem...as is literally the case for every defenseman we have.

Bottom 5 coach in the nhl...been saying it for 3 years now.
I'm not completely disagreeing, but we must have had a hell of a team during AV's tenure to have had the success we've had with a bottom 5 coach.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Gorton wants to upgrade the defense. This is a good move. All of the folks who keep swooning over how good Holden has been, how respectably he has played, blah. Glad to see him go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad