Pre-Game Talk: Hogtown again - Tuukka's 500th game - 7:07 PM - NESN, ESPN+, TVAS, TSN4 - 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Well Pasta sits currently at 299 points. Lets hope on Tuukka's 500th, Pasta gets his 300th

Also, I don't think Bjork sticks on the 4th line all night. If Ritchie or Backes have 1-2 bad shifts, then I think you see them give Bjork a look.

Reactions: lopey

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
They wouldn't have to:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Coyle-Heinen/Ritchie
Bjork-Lindholm-Ritchie/Heinen
Kuraly-Wagner-Backes

Thats gross

I'd do

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Bjork - Coyle - Heinen
DeBrusk - Backes - Ritchie
Lindholm - Kuraly - Wagner

Kuraly can't play wing. Has to be a center.

I hope Nordy can go so we can bounce Backes

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Thats gross

I'd do

Bjork - Coyle - Heinen

I actually can get behind this...

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Well Pasta sits currently at 299 points. Lets hope on Tuukka's 500th, Pasta gets his 300th

Also, I don't think Bjork sticks on the 4th line all night. If Ritchie or Backes have 1-2 bad shifts, then I think you see them give Bjork a look.
Pastrnak gets 300 & 301 with a goal and an assist tonight.

5-2 Bruins, i think.

Pastrnak, Marchand, Coyle, Krug & Wagner

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I haven't looked in a while, but if Pasta plays here for another 10 - 12 years --I can't imagine he wouldn't end up very near the top of goal scorers in Bruins history.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and Strafer

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Rooting hard for Bjork. Still think he might have the highest offensive ceiling of all of our prospects aside from Beecher maybe. Seems to have brought the compete to Providence.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I really don't have a problem with Bjork starting on the 4th line. You have to earn your time in the NHL. Take it as a challenge and do the things coach wants to see you do. He isnt expected to go out and get a point per game. Fans want to see that, but coach wants to see him execute the details and earn the ice time the right way. Marchand did this. Bjork can too.

Having said that, I do like Alicat's lines and if Krejci/Kulhman are out for a bit and if Bjork pans out (I love the kid) I would love to see Butch switch to those lines.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Thats gross

I'd do

Bjork - Coyle - Heinen

Not bad, actually, but Backes and Ritchie on the third line? :help:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

The Bjork has been freed. #FreeBjork.

*Edit- As others have pointed out. 4th line isn't ideal. But IMO that won't last long. And by that I mean it probably even won't last the full 60 minutes of this game :laugh:

Two 4th lines and a 3rd line. Gross.

Going to have to win on effort until we see a trade or Bjork works out.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So, if they award Bjork the 7th player award tonight during the second intermission, will people here be happy or still complain?

Reactions: BMC

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I haven't looked in a while, but if Pasta plays here for another 10 - 12 years --I can't imagine he wouldn't end up very near the top of goal scorers in Bruins history.

assuming he played say another 800 games (injuries) and kept the same goal scoring rate. He would finish his career around 485 goals, putting him 2nd all-time.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
So, if they award Bjork the 7th player award tonight during the second intermission, will people here be happy or still complain?

You do have it admit its kind of funny that they sent Bjork down because he needed to show he can score. When the call him up though, they put him on the 4th line in a non-scoring role. I do think some people are getting a bit hung-up on some names combinations on a piece of paper.

Reactions: HustleB

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Now THIS is what they should actually do. Maybe throw Lindholn in occasionally. Ritchie and Backes can just sit on the end of the bench and stare menacingly at the Leafs.

yup especially with there next game not until Saturday

they should play the top line and the 2nd line heavy minutes tonight

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
assuming he played say another 800 games (injuries) and kept the same goal scoring rate. He would finish his career around 485 goals, putting him 2nd all-time.

I looked at it by years played.

If he played another 12 years (to age 35) and averaged 30 Goals --- he'd end up second with 501 goals - behind Bucyk 545 and ahead of #3 Espo at 459.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
You do have it admit its kind of funny that they sent Bjork down because he needed to show he can score. When the call him up though, they put him on the 4th line in a non-scoring role. I do think some people are getting a bit hung-up on some names combinations on a piece of paper.

Yeah, I have zero confidence that he will start or remain on the 4th line tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad