Confirmed with Link: Hoffman traded to San Jose

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Personally, I liked the message that Dorion sent to EK by sending Hoffman literally as far away as possible. It's technically not his fault Wilson is a shrewd prick who was willing to flip Hoff again. (Fwiw, can't wait to see every Panthers game against Ottawa.)

Boedker is a 45 point guy, Hoffman is a 65 point guy. Yeah, that's a downgrade for sure, but if it fixes half of our locker room issues we win ten more games next season, easily. I don't care if that prospect even gets a call up to the show.

I seriously can't even imagine the room last year. I just hope Duchene, EK and Stone are on the same page. Everyone else under 22 is expendable, plain and simple.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Boedker plays a 200ft game all the time. Even if he isn't getting as many goals as Hoffman, he certainly isn't costing us any goals by comparison. Hoffman's ability to play sustained 200ft hockey was questionable at best. This trade was not all bad. Not great, but not a complete loss.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Boedker plays a 200ft game all the time. Even if he isn't getting as many goals as Hoffman, he certainly isn't costing us any goals by comparison. Hoffman's ability to play sustained 200ft hockey was questionable at best. This trade was not all bad. Not great, but not a complete loss.
this myth has to die that boedker is this committed 200 ft guy.. and it more than likely will die 10 games into the season.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Don't know which Boedker you've been watching. He's better than Hoffman defensively, sure. But that's a really low bar to clear and we're not playing limbo.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
this myth has to die that boedker is this committed 200 ft guy.. and it more than likely will die 10 games into the season.
It'll probably hit like when "Oduya is a solid defensive D man" was disproven for fans who don't really watch other teams.

Slow realization that Dorion was full of shit in his player description.

If you honestly grade Boedker in his defensive zone player its probably a 5-6/10.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It'll probably hit like when "Oduya is a solid defensive D man" was disproven for fans who don't really watch other teams.

Slow realization that Dorion was full of **** in his player description.

If you honestly grade Boedker in his defensive zone player its probably a 5-6/10.
i dont mind that dorion said what he said... i mean thats part of his job. whatever. but were suppose to see through it

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Slow realization that Dorion was full of **** in his player description.

The best was the claim that he steps up the game in the playoffs which if you check the stats and have watched him play during those periods isn't really correct.

My assumption is we likely don't get much more out of Boedker then really any random 3rd liner that could have been scooped up through UFA (15-30 pts)..., i don't believe the two minor leaguers will be anything other to their respective clubs then warm bodies, so the trade breaks down to simply trading a 5th for a 6th rounder, likely better off just waiving Hoffman imo as silly as it sounds.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's terrible at his job. Unqualified even. Don't blame him for taking the promotion though as most would in his scenario.
right but hes not suppose to be liek "yeah this deal for hoffy sucked... hes suppose to say "boedker is good". i dont get the "Hes lying to us!" comments.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Don't know which Boedker you've been watching. He's better than Hoffman defensively, sure. But that's a really low bar to clear and we're not playing limbo.
I don't think anyone is suggesting he's Toews or Bergeron out there defensively, just that he's giving you the same effort on both ends of the ice. I see him in the same light as Michalek defensively who I guess some people also overrated defensively, but the idea is he doesn't hurt you in your own end, you don't have to shelter him, but you also can't use him to shelter someone else.

Reactions: NickLidstrom

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Pretty crazy that Turris, Hoffman, MacArthur, Methot, Phaneuf are all not on the team anymore when one year ago we thought they would be ‘core’ for a long time. Phaneuf I can deal with though.

Hopefully Karlsson/Duchene/Stone/Chabot/#4ov/Pageau/Dzingel/White/Brown/Batherson/Formenton/Gustavsson can take over soon enough. That list was longer than I expected.

Reactions: NickLidstrom

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
why did Hoffman stop scoring at even strength? His goal scoring dropped from 26 and 20 his first two full seasons to 13 and 14 his last two. If 13 ES goals is his new plateau the trade doesn't look quite as bad.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
why did Hoffman stop scoring at even strength? His goal scoring dropped from 26 and 20 his first two full seasons to 13 and 14 his last two. If 13 ES goals is his new plateau the trade doesn't look quite as bad.
My guess would be those previous two season, he played a ton more with Turris. The last two seasons he played mostly with Pageau on the checking line under Guy Boucher who's system is to just give up the puck instead of trying to carry it and create offense. The two seasons before the Sens played a pretty unstructured run and gun style.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

I'm judging with my own eyes. Not from anyone's opinion. Hoffman was a great offensive player. But he also had Karlsson padding his stats. We'll see how he functions on a new team. Boedker is gonna surprise the fans here. If I'm wrong, I'll take my lumps 10 games into the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad