Confirmed with Link: Hoffman traded to San Jose

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
was the difference so great we gave them the far superior player and the better pcik

People talking about how boedker scored so many goals against us... do we even have west scouts? i bet those are the only games we watched him

And we had an acidic player/spouse that we were trying to get out of here.. We saved 2 million.. perhaps that will be used to sign Karlsson

Someone on Twitter mentioned that Formenton, Bodeker and Paajarvi are fast.. might not score lots of goals, but they will keep the other team on their heels

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
At some point you have to stop giving Dorion excuses for the circumstances and he has to make a move that actually helps the team.

This is his proven track record now. He’s horrific at trades.

Before anyone starts making more excuses, part of his job is to have his finger on the pulse of the team and to determine when to clear a guy out to maximize value. He could easily have gotten more than this at the deadline and didn’t. It was likely in an attempt to make his also terrible Duchene deal look better. He’s just not a good GM.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Tough to take another seemingly lopsided trade loss even given the circumstances, would have preferred a futures based package, seems we downgraded most of our pieces here :(

The fact that we took back a poorer player that can play now suggests to me that Dorion is interested in competing next season.

Otherwise, he would have taken an offer from some other team, which I imagine would include contenders willing to deal more appealing prospects or picks.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Bergevin and Dorion should make a pact to make trades on the same day. Then they at least only get half the embarrassment.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Julius Bergman's latest scouting report on Dobberprospects:

May 2017 – It has been interesting to watch the development of Bergman this season. He has grown into a responsible AHL defenseman while helping offset the occasional misplays of his season-long partner Mirco Muller. In the playoffs, Bergman is tied for first among Barracuda defenders in points with seven points (all assists) in the first 10 games for San Jose. It remains to be seen if additional, reliable offensive ability will materialize but his steady trajectory over the past two seasons is a positive. He's also shown he is not afraid of mixing it up with the opposition and playing with more sandpaper in him than previously seen.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
And we had an acidic player/spouse that we were trying to get out of here.. We saved 2 million.. perhaps that will be used to sign Karlsson

Someone on Twitter mentioned that Formenton, Bodeker and Paajarvi are fast.. might not score lots of goals, but they will keep the other team on their heels

If it doesn't translate to production, does it really matter? We're starving for goals

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
traded with Donahey and a 5th to SJ for bodker some Dman I never heard of and a 6th

Terrible trade, but I guess given the circumstances

hahahaha how about Dorions quote. Must think we all have learning disabilities. He always has to tac it on eh, cant just acknowledge that he just got absolutely burned. How stupid does this organization think we are? The most educated city in Canada and they talk to us like we are toddlers.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Agreed, but the fact that we were the ones on the wrong end speaks volumes imo.
Got to agree. It just shows how terrible Dorion is at the trade table. It's a completely unnecessary part of the deal, but it makes it clear as day that Dorion got dominated here. This team is in crisis mode and it's showing. Terrifies me that he might be behind the wheel on a Karlsson deal.

Pierre Dorion is a Russian plant here to destroy the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad