Confirmed with Link: Hoffman traded to San Jose

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I totally agree.

Just find it funny that people were talking about his diminished value as some sort of media conspiracy against the Sens.

His value on the market is as low as peoples respect for Dorion imo. It seems clear to me other GMs don't have a lot of respect for him, they knew he'd panic and bent him over. You can live with this if Karlsson re-signs, but that still seems far from a sure thing.

Reactions: Bileur

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The two non roster players traded

Begman (a Swede :D ) was a regular in the AHL
Cody Donaghy (Canadian) was in the ECHL

so it looks like we got the better player in that aspect
was the difference so great we gave them the far superior player and the better pcik

People talking about how boedker scored so many goals against us... do we even have west scouts? i bet those are the only games we watched him

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Does EVERY trade have to involve us throwing in a f***ing draft pick? I know it's basically meaningless that late in the draft but was the swap of draft picks really going to hold up that deal?? No, PD got bent over again. All GM's know it, he can be had. For the love of god please just draft and develop and stop trying to make trades.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hopefully a step towards re-signing EK.

Always liked Boedker, though Hoff is obviously better. Bad value but meh it was expected...

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So, we go from paying Hoffman 5.650 to Boedker 3 mil.

I am sure this was a motivating factor for sure. Need to save money to resign our superstar defenceman Cody Ceci.

Anyone think Dorion will actually come out of his bunker to discuss the trade or will he stay in hiding?

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Poor poor return. Points to the sheer desperation to get Hoffman off-loaded in order to save whatever slim chance there is left to get EK to stay...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Fundamentally, I guess I agree... but we're talking about a 4th and a 5th here. They're both dart throws at best.
again.. do you not see how we do this WITH EVEYRTHING.. and look where are team is.. these things build up and build up...

not to mention we gave up the better player... this trade honestly LOOKS like the Sens think boedker is reaaalllyy good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad