Eklund Rumor: Hoffman to MTL is E4

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I'm making a point of how long his inaccuracies having been going on for. Eklund is a nobody that lives in his mom's basement, he's the national enquirer of NHL news, why do people entertain him?
Agreed. Eklund is irrelevant. But it’s fun talking trades/signings. So really who cares where the idea comes from? Whether it’s from a basement beaner like Eklund, or an HF poster, it has the same likelihood of actually happening, right?
Plus, the Habs will not bring Hoffman into their room. There’s got to be reasons why a guy, who can score, is bouncing around the league.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Agreed. Eklund is irrelevant. But it’s fun talking trades/signings. So really who cares where the idea comes from? Whether it’s from a basement beaner like Eklund, or an HF poster, it has the same likelihood of actually happening, right?
Plus, the Habs will not bring Hoffman into their room. There’s got to be reasons why a guy, who can score, is bouncing around the league.

He’s not bouncing around the league, he was moved after his wife/fiancé at the time was falsely accused of being hateful to Karlsson and his wife. The Sharks moved him for more than they got him for and now he’s about to be an FA. And Florida is looking into the possibility of re-signing him. Because he fits in here.
Amazing how people still don’t know the rest of the story.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I'd love to re-sign Hoffman. I don't know if it will happen, but he's been pretty good overall. He struggled a bit at the start of the season. But he turned it on after that. I'd say for like the last 2/3 weeks of the season before it was stopped, he was our best forward, clearly.
He's been no problem in the locker room with us at all. So, maybe his rep as a locker room problem is inaccurate.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Doubt the Ontario boy signs in Quebec as a UFA. If he gets low ball offers cause teams don't have cap space, he might consider the Habs if we offer him the contract he wants. Doubt Bergevin goes all in on the soon to be 31 year old though.

Bergevin will knock on the door to inquire but I'd be surprised if Hoffman is a Habs next year.

I do think there is a need for a pure goal scorer on the Habs so Hoffman does fill a need. However, I agree with you that MB will not break the bank on a soon to be 31 year old.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I do think there is a need for a pure goal scorer on the Habs so Hoffman does fill a need. However, I agree with you that MB will not break the bank on a soon to be 31 year old.

If Hoffman wants to join our team on a fair AAV for like 3 or 4 years, we can talk. But if he wants to cash in, try with someone else. I rather sign Kovalchuk for 1 year deals this year and next before I commit our cap space to Hoffman for 5 or 6 years.

Hoffman does have a great shot and would help our PP though. If he wants to join our team, fine. But he started with the Sens and not sure he wants to play with the Habs. Another Ontario boy... it's rare they choose Montreal.

Reactions: Be a Hab

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Why would the Habs, who have such storied culture, bring this guy into their room?

So, we're still chastising Hoffman for something his girlfriend allegedly did (which was never proven)? He's been with the Panthers for 2 years now and there isn't an ounce of evidence that he's a poor teammate or a problem in any way whatsoever. Don't worry, we'll gladly keep him and his 65 goals in 151 games.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So, we're still chastising Hoffman for something his girlfriend allegedly did (which was never proven)? He's been with the Panthers for 2 years now and there isn't an ounce of evidence that he's a poor teammate or a problem in any way whatsoever. Don't worry, we'll gladly keep him and his 65 goals in 151 games.
He’s a UFA. We shall see just how much FLA wants him back.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That's an entirely different conversation. If it makes sense, great, if not, then oh well. If he's not back, it likely won't be because he's a problem in the room.
Okay. Curios to see where he ends up, and how that team does.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Eklund is a royal joke, No one know's right now where Mike Hoffman will sign. We're still 4 months out from free agency. Hoffman could sign anywhere to suggest that Hoffman signs with Montreal is E4 is totally laughable.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
explain to the rest of us how he’s a “problem area,” please. Actual facts would be nice as well.
Just because there are no reporters covering the Panthers doesn’t mean there aren’t problems, like in Ottawa. If Hoffman was this great teammate, why would the Panthers not resign him? He’s a good player, right?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Just because there are no reporters covering the Panthers doesn’t mean there aren’t problems, like in Ottawa. If Hoffman was this great teammate, why would the Panthers not resign him? He’s a good player, right?

I don't get the logic of there must be issues with Hoffman because there's no reporters?
Hoff said he's made some great friendships here and would like to stay if it makes sense.
I'd keep him over Dadonov if I had to choose, think he will age better and produce just as much if not more.

FilTheThrill91

Feb 5, 2020

Why didn't the Islanders just resign Tavares? Why didn't the Devils just resign Hall? Its because there's a lot more that goes into it than just saying "we like you, you resign here". Some guys want to cash in while they have the chance, some are looking for an opportunity to win, and some would like to play closer to home or warm weather etc. Just because a guy exercises his right as UFA to explore his options, that doesn't make him a bad teammate or a problem.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

seems enough people responded to this to show how goofy it is. And I never heard where HE was the problem, it was supposedly his wife...and that’s been proven to be false.

Reactions: harv33173

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Did Eklund just sleep through an entire pandemic? Does he still think that the Stanley Cup was just awarded about a week ago, and that UFAs will still be free to sign with new teams on July 1st?

If not, how on earth would it make any sense that Hoffman and Montreal, both of whom are scheduled to participate in the play-ins, would have nearly completed negotiating a contract with one another before the play-ins even started?
"Eklund" is a hockey rumor generating AI - E4

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
you clearly missed the second half of point B. It was false. Karlsson’s wife could not show the comments she claims were made to her. There was no proof. Guess hearsay is all you need?
Stuff like that will destroy a dressing room immediately. Even on top team. I wouldn't risk it. Too much gamble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad