Eklund Rumor: Hoffman to CGY

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
You do realize everytime you guys bring up a Eklund rumour, the majority of time it's hogwash. Yet here we are again for the umpteenth time... take the power away from the guy by not spreading his garbage around. He's like the Donald Trump of a so-called hockey pundit...

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You do realize everytime you guys bring up a Eklund rumour, the majority of time it's hogwash. Yet here we are again for the umpteenth time... take the power away from the guy by not spreading his garbage around. He's like the Donald Trump of a so-called hockey pundit...

It's called a message board for a reason. There's also a reason we discuss rumours from Eklund on here. Is there difference between a regular poster making a proposal or discussing an Eklund rumour? Some of what Eklund probably has some legs to it, if you don't like the rumour no one is asking you to comment.

FWIW, knowing Treliving I'm sure he has had discussions with the Sens as with every team. There's also assets that are highly unlikely the Flames would move, so in reality we can probably judge the probability of a deal happening.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Any chance we could get a Flames fan or two to chime in on what they think of Tkachuk+1st for Hoffman? :sarcasm:

Mad Brills*

Why is Hoffman always rumored to get traded... I like the guy and think sens should keep him

Melnyk is cheap

If he gets a high reward, dorion might be forced to trade him.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Mike Hoffman, 30 goal scorer + 1st round pick for....18 year old potential top six forward. Makes...sense?

Mike Hoffman, one-dimensional 29 goal scorer two seasons removed from clearing waivers plus perennial mid-first-round-pick for... multidimensional 18 year old projected top line power forward.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
I see Calgary fans are already severely overrating Tkachuk.

Nobody in there right mind would trade Hoffman and a 1st for Tkachuk.

Hoffman for Tkachuk+1st+Jokipakka is fair

As a Canucks fan.

Tkachuk has massive questions regarding his skating

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

As a Canucks fan.

haha im assuming you are being sarcastic, but im not 100% sure haha

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
haha im assuming you are being sarcastic, but im not 100% sure haha

Prospect+1st+3rd pairing Dman

For

30g 60pt Winger who is still young and would immediately put you into playoff position.

With Hoffman and Elliot you guys would be in the playoffs and your 1st would be 12-25th

There's absolutely no way any team would add a 1st to Hoffman for Tkachuk. Wouldn't even do Hoffman for Tkachuk 1 for 1.

Go look at a list of players drafted 6th overall. Go compare those players to Hoffman.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Mike Hoffman, one-dimensional 29 goal scorer two seasons removed from clearing waivers plus perennial mid-first-round-pick for... multidimensional 18 year old projected top line power forward.

I get it, and that's fair. Your description could actually end up being true...some day.

However we are talking about today. Tkachuk could very well develop into a 1st line power-forward. The odds would suggest that will not be the case. Then again, odds were that Mike Hoffman would never truly crack the NHL.

Anyway, would you make that deal if you're Ottawa's GM? I think we can both agree you'd be fired within an hour?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Prospect+1st+3rd pairing Dman

For

30g 60pt Winger who is still young and would immediately put you into playoff position.

With Hoffman and Elliot you guys would be in the playoffs and your 1st would be 12-25th

There's absolutely no way any team would add a 1st to Hoffman for Tkachuk. Wouldn't even do Hoffman for Tkachuk 1 for 1.

Go look at a list of players drafted 6th overall. Go compare those players to Hoffman.

Oh wow so you are being serious.. so you actually think Calgary would give up Tkachuk, a 1st and Joki for Hoffman

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010

As a Canucks fan.

That's insane.

Hoffman is 1 year from UFA and requires a huge contract.

That limits his value in a cap world.

I doubt Calgary would trade Tkachuk straight up for him as cap implications make a huge difference.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Oh wow so you are being serious.. so you actually think Calgary would give up Tkachuk, a 1st and Joki for Hoffman

No I don't think they would. I think that is ballpark what OTT would ask for and they would be right to do so. No one in their right mind would add a 1st to Hoffman for Tkachuk.

Not even Jim Benning is that dumb

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Mike Hoffman, 30 goal scorer + 1st round pick for....18 year old potential top six forward. Makes...sense?

For what Hoffman brings, yes I would need the Sens 1st to move him. I don't care if it's not fair, I like what Tkachuk brings a lot more. Tkachuk's intangibles are far greater than Hoffman's.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
For what Hoffman brings, yes I would need the Sens 1st to move him. I don't care if it's not fair, I like what Tkachuk brings a lot more. Tkachuk's intangibles are far greater than Hoffman's.

You've been in the locker room with Tkachuk in the NHL...even though he hasn't played a game in the NHL? You a time traveller?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad