Eklund Rumor: Hoffman to CGY

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Calgary doesn't have the cap space or the assets to make a fair trade here. Unless Sens fans like Brouwer.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Bouma, smid, stajan, And Wideman for Hoffman! Seems fair doesn't it :p honestly we would have to throw a cap dump the other way and we all know how Ottawa are a budget team. Doubt there is a deal in place other than there being another deal for us to clear some space.

Would like Hoffman, as we do need a shooter but can't afford it right now

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I can't believe people are saying Calgary doesn't have the assets to acquire him as of now he's 1 year from UFA

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not at all interested in Hoffman. We're trying to get harder to play against and need a top line RW, not LW or C

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Limited NTC, quite different from a NMC.
I'm aware of that, that's what it modifies to:
Untitled.png

Same thing Frans Nielsen got except Nielsen has a 10 team NTC.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
We have conflicting information then:

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/troy-brouwer

Again, No Movement Clause is different than a No Trade Clause. You said NMC. The picture you posted say No Trade Clause.

Ok, well, a full NTC and NMC are very very similar. Whereas a Limited NTC and NMC are not. I meant full NTC though, my mistake.

How is that conflicting? Your source says the same thing. Either way you can't trade Brouwer for Hoffman - which is what I initially had a problem with.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Ok, well, a full NTC and NMC are very very similar. Whereas a Limited NTC and NMC are not. I meant full NTC though, my mistake.

How is that conflicting? Your source says the same thing. Either way you can't trade Brouwer for Hoffman - which is what I initially had a problem with.

Mine just says:

CLAUSE DETAILS: Modified NTC: Submits a list of 15 teams he can not be traded to

In general for the entire contract, not limited to the years yours does. Unless I'm reading it wrong (entirely possible).

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Mine just says:

In general for the entire contract, not limited to the years yours does. Unless I'm reading it wrong (entirely possible).

Does it?
Untitled2.png

I see that it says Full NTC then after 2 years it becomes modified, which is what I also initially said.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Would our 1st next year not be close enough? Not saying we do that or that I want to, but we have plenty of pieces to get a deal done.

Gio, Brodie, Dougie, Johnny, Mony, Benny, Tkachuk, Backlund and our 1st next season are pieces that come to mind.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
@Ezekial you are correct, I was misreading it.

Flames have zero cap space for him and no room on the left wing.

Since when? Our top three wingers are Brouwer, Gaudreau and Frolik. One is a RW, one can play both and one is LW.

By my count unless we are expecting Shinkurak AND Tkachuk to make the roster, we've got two winger spots in the top nine open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad