Eklund Rumor: Hoffman to CGY

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
How would that free up space for Ottawa? They gained salary.

They gained caphit, in real dollars Brassard only makes 3.5 for the next 3 years. Zibanejad will make more then that and will make more real dollars already this year over what the Sens will have to pay Brassard.

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
Ok, so in my proposal, Ottawa saves cap hit and salary.

They also significantly downgrade in the short term. The Sens want to make the playoffs now. The Brassard deal worked for them because it saved them cash and it also likely improved them for the upcoming year.

At this point I think it is more likely that the Sens take the arbitration award with Hoffman then trade him.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Can't see a deal being worked out involving Hoffman. Flames also don't really have the cap to sign him, Gaudreau, and Monahan. Bennett the following year too.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Hoffman has been a top 5 even strength goal scorer and top 10 even strength point producer the past two years (his rookie and sophomore seasons) when you consider ice time (G/60 and P/60). In other words, he's been one of the most efficient scorers in the entire league through his first two years.

He's always been a late bloomer, and has ended up an elite scorer in every league he has played in. Not that surprising either - kid shoots the puck, skates, and has better hands then 95% of NHLers.

Sens shouldn't trade Hoffman for anything less than a huge return. He's a tremendous offensive player and deserves to be paid like one. Seems like both Hoffman and the Sens want to get a deal done, and I expect it will happen before arbitration. Guy should be a Senator for the foreseeable future.

People can look to those stats... He was 26th this year in ESP, his best offensive year ever.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
1st plus Frolik? There is a chance that is a top 10 pick and I wouldn't give that up for Hoffman alone, let alone add Frolik.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
1st alone is not enough. Flames could easily finish near the middle of the league, and the Sens need someone who can play right now if they are to trade Hoffman.

Bottom line is if Hoffman is going to be a 5 million dollar player, then I doubt that a move to the Flames is going to take place.

Unless its revenue neutral, and doesn't involve one of the Flames core players.

At the end of the day, with the contracts for Mony and Johnny, and Bennett's coming up, adding Hoffman doesn't make sense.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Preds have mad cap room and need him badly.
If flames are truly rumoured to be able to acquire him then I gotta think 100% Poile is calling as well if Hoffman may actually be dealt.
I feel Poile would go hard for him and be very aggressive.

First round pick, Kevin fiala and Craig smith for Hoffman.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
1st plus Frolik? There is a chance that is a top 10 pick and I wouldn't give that up for Hoffman alone, let alone add Frolik.

I would be fine with a option on the 1st, where if Calgary's pick is top 10 they can defer it to the next year. Maybe at the cost of a Sens option to swap 2nds if Calgary chooses to defer.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Preds have mad cap room and need him badly.
If flames are truly rumoured to be able to acquire him then I gotta think 100% Poile is calling as well if Hoffman may actually be dealt.
I feel Poile would go hard for him and be very aggressive.

First round pick, Kevin fiala and Craig smith for Hoffman.

Mad cap room? Are the Preds not an internal budget team? I don't remember them ever spending to the cap.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Frolik/1st is actually a good base to start off of. Assuming the Bennett deal is off the table, that is ;)

Mad Brills*

I'd offer a fair bit from the leafs.

Hoffman is really freaking good.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ottawa GM guaranteed Hoffman will be in ottawa lineup come october.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'd offer a fair bit from the leafs.

Hoffman is really freaking good.

No chance in hell we trade Hoff to an Atlantic rival.

Hoffman + 1st for Tkachuk and the Flames still may not do it

You'll be lucky if Tkachuk ever becomes the scorer at the NHL level that Hoffman already is.

Look, I like prospects as much as anyone, but this board really really overrates kids.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You'll be lucky if Tkachuk ever becomes the scorer at the NHL level that Hoffman already is.

Look, I like prospects as much as anyone, but this board really really overrates kids.

Hoffman is not worth a top 6 pick....If somebody offered Ottawa a lottery pick for Hoffman they would take it and run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad