Confirmed with Link: Hoffman Signs: 1 Year at $4M

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Not to worry. Hoffman will throw a couple of checks, Blues nation will go "See! He isn't one dimensional! Where are the haters now?" Then he will be signed to a seven-year contract with NTCs in the first five. Wait and see.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Not to worry. Hoffman will throw a couple of checks, Blues nation will go "See! He isn't one dimensional! Where are the haters now?" Then he will be signed to a seven-year contract with NTCs in the first five. Wait and see.
I don't think there's anyone under the impression that he will be anything more than a one dimensional scorer. As long as he is a net positive to the team despite his shortcomings, he'll be fine.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I don't think there's anyone under the impression that he will be anything more than a one dimensional scorer. As long as he is a net positive to the team despite his shortcomings, he'll be fine.
Yes, I was being facetious and reacting to the remarks of a few. I completely understand why he was signed. We need the element that Hoffman brings, and I am confident he will produce exactly what is expected of him. I am nervous about his next contract, though. I really hope we do not extend him more than a season.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Yes, I was being facetious and reacting to the remarks of a few. I completely understand why he was signed. We need the element that Hoffman brings, and I am confident he will produce exactly what is expected of him. I am nervous about his next contract, though. I really hope we do not extend him more than a season.
It really all depends on the health of Tarasenko and what you can negotiate with Schwartz and Dunn (assuming none are traded). Personally, I wont be sold Vova is healthy until he plays a full season without any issues. He has had too many surgeries on that massive meat suit he's got, and I just don't trust it. Same goes for Schwartz. Dude gets hurt every season and I'm worried he's gonna end up like Lupul, literally made of glass towards the end of his career.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I never had the impression there is the slightest chance he re-signs with the Blues. Was there some public comment to suggest it’s likely? I think this is worrying over nothing.

“I am an old man and have known many troubles, most of which never happened.”

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I never had the impression there is the slightest chance he re-signs with the Blues. Was there some public comment to suggest it’s likely? I think this is worrying over nothing.

“I am an old man and have known many troubles, most of which never happened.”
To me it all depends on what he’s looking to get. If he’s open to a 2 year deal in the neighborhood of 5 mil per I’d be all over it. But if he was 4 or more years in excess of 6 mil per that’s about easy pass.

In terms of fit he definitely can be frustrating but he can score, and we can definitely use that. Plus we have the personnel to be able to properly shelter him.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Unless Tarasenko ends up on LTIR again after a failed attempt to return, I don’t see the need or the cap space. We’re certainly not going to let Schwartz walk to sign him.

Reactions: Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
To me it all depends on what he’s looking to get. If he’s open to a 2 year deal in the neighborhood of 5 mil per I’d be all over it. But if he was 4 or more years in excess of 6 mil per that’s about easy pass.

In terms of fit he definitely can be frustrating but he can score, and we can definitely use that. Plus we have the personnel to be able to properly shelter him.
I’d expect Hoffman is looking for term. Why take a lower 1y salary than other offers this year if you’re not posturing to make it up with the next contract?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I’d expect Hoffman is looking for term. Why take a lower 1y salary than other offers this year if you’re not posturing to make it up with the next contract?
I have no doubt he’s going to be looking for longer term. I just wonder whether anyone is going to be willing to commit 4+ years for a one dimensional 32 year old winger.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
FLA fan checking in on the Hoff?
Notice he has 6 goals and 11pts, but all 6 goals at even strength, no PPGs?
+5 as well? He's usually a - player 5 on 5
Is he not being used as much there?
Have you been happy with his game?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Has been feeling out process. He generally hasn’t been on first pp unit but that could change in time.

Not typical Blues player. We mostly play grinding physical style and that isn’t his game. He never seems to impact play until you blink and puck is in back of net.

He is perhaps most skilled player we have and definitely best shot (Tarasenko is out still) so in spite of his shortcomings I think he has been good signing.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
He's definitely better than Chris Stewart. He has his lows, he's streaky, but, he can win a game and he has a deadly shot.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Has been feeling out process. He generally hasn’t been on first pp unit but that could change in time.

Not typical Blues player. We mostly play grinding physical style and that isn’t his game. He never seems to impact play until you blink and puck is in back of net.

He is perhaps most skilled player we have and definitely best shot (Tarasenko is out still) so in spite of his shortcomings I think he has been good signing.
I wouldn’t call him the most skilled, but best shot...yeah.

He struggled early on and wasn’t contributing much of anything. Then he started to build some confidence and actually engaged in some backchecking on top of scoring. Now he seems to be doing well and picking up on how he needs to be successful here.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I wouldn’t call him the most skilled, but best shot...yeah.

He struggled early on and wasn’t contributing much of anything. Then he started to build some confidence and actually engaged in some backchecking on top of scoring. Now he seems to be doing well and picking up on how he needs to be successful here.
Not great vision or passing, but his hands and stick handling pretty good. Regardless, he adds element we are short on.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

He was pretty invisible for the first 5-7 games or so, but he's been very crucial since we got hit with so many injuries. Since he gained his confidence, he's been much more dangerous with the puck. I haven't noticed any glaring bad plays at 5-on-5, so I'd say his play away from the puck has been good enough. From what I've seen in interviews I like his attitude a lot. He was stuck on the 3rd line for much of the year, but kept putting in the work and now it is paying off.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

He's definitely better than Chris Stewart. He has his lows, he's streaky, but, he can win a game and he has a deadly shot.

He was pretty invisible for the first 5-7 games or so, but he's been very crucial since we got hit with so many injuries. Since he gained his confidence, he's been much more dangerous with the puck. I haven't noticed any glaring bad plays at 5-on-5, so I'd say his play away from the puck has been good enough. From what I've seen in interviews I like his attitude a lot. He was stuck on the 3rd line for much of the year, but kept putting in the work and now it is paying off.

Good to hear guys.
He definitely has flaws to his game
  • No physical side
  • Consistent effort beyond OZ and NZ
  • Blind drop passes
  • Overplaying the puck and not keeping it simple
Has his pros though too
  • Speed
  • Lethal shot
  • Durable
  • 20+ goal scoring ability
He is fairly consistent in goals and points, I remember he had 17-18 game points streak here in FLA.
Not a top line guy but a solid 2nd/3rd liner depending on linemates/player role.

Sounds like he's been a decent Tank replacement for the offense side.
You think he will re-sign him if he keeps this goal/point pace all year long?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Good to hear guys.
  • No physical side
  • Blind drop passes
Has his pros though too
  • Speed
  • Lethal shot
  • Durable
He is fairly consistent in goals and points, I remember he had 17-18 game points streak here in FLA.
Not a top line guy but a solid 2nd/3rd liner depending on linemates/player role.

Unlikely we resign him. Have coming cap squeeze and Schwartz and others will be prioritized.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Good to hear guys.
  • No physical side
  • Blind drop passes
Has his pros though too
  • Speed
  • Lethal shot
  • Durable

I don't think so, only because we have Schwartz and Binnington to re-sign and Parayko after next year. I just don't think we have the cap space and we have more than enough depth to make up for his loss (assuming Tarasenko stays healthy, which is far from a given). He'll also likely seek a longer-term deal and I doubt we can offer that to him. But he's been a great fit overall and I am becoming a fan of his pretty fast. Him and Perron make a pretty deadly sniper combination on the PP.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Yet ANOTHER terrible 1st Period! The Blues better come out skating and score early and often, or you can pack this game up and hand it to The Sharks. The Blues looked like they're mailing this one in, not skating, sending weak passes a few feet away, to no one, and The Sharks are pouncing on them. It's sad to see Walman playing the wing, because of so many injuries to forwards.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yet ANOTHER terrible 1st Period! The Blues better come out skating and score early and often, or you can pack this game up and hand it to The Sharks. The Blues looked like they're mailing this one in, not skating, sending weak passes a few feet away, to no one, and The Sharks are pouncing on them. It's sad to see Walman playing the wing, because of so many injuries to forwards.
you Lost Robb? :skeptic:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad