Waived: Hoffman, Dziurzynski (in 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Da Costa?

I think with Spezza's injury and the upcoming western swing they are going to want
to keep him around for awhile.

Also maybe they think they can get something for him rather than lose him on waivers.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I want Hoffman to be picked up. He won't though. He's a waste of a spot in Bingo.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I want Hoffman to be picked up. He won't though. He's a waste of a spot in Bingo.

He was on the cusp of making the big team. He could be valuable as a call-up in case of injury. He also makes Binghamton that much more competitive. Don't under estimate the value of a winning environment on the farm. He's far from a waste of a spot.

Berserker*

So that leaves Stone, Da Costa, Pageau, Borowiecki and Ceci still competing for spots.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Players don't tend to get picked up off of waivers as teams are making final cuts, otherwise I would be worried the some team would take a shot at Dizzy. He can play a power game, which offsets his downsides.

Berserker*

Do they have until noon tomorrow to clear waivers? Or do they stay on waivers until noon on Monday because they were waived on the weekend?

Berserker*

Was Petersson waived/cut?

He doesn't have to pass through waivers because he is still on his entry level contract. I don't think he is in serious contention for a roster spot. He can't play bottom six minutes unlike Pageau, Da Costa and Stone, and it looks like that final top six spot has been taken by Conacher.

Aside from that, he didn't play in either of the last two games which is a bit of an indication that he wasn't being seriously considered because all other bubble players did.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
He doesn't have to pass through waivers because he is still on his entry level contract. I don't think he is in serious contention for a roster spot. He can't play bottom six minutes unlike Pageau, Da Costa and Stone, and it looks like that final top six spot has been taken by Conacher.

Aside from that, he didn't play in either of the last two games which is a bit of an indication that he wasn't being seriously considered because all other bubble players did.

Petersson has definitely put himself on the radar again though. Thought he looked great in pre-season and the rookie tournament. A solid year in Bingo and he may have a solid shot next year.

Can't say I'm surprised, Hoffman was the least impressive bubble player, and I never thought DD would have a shot.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Petey has to stay healthy and have a monster year in Bingo. He needs to be patient and accept that it might be a "boring" for him. Not too much video games!

He will probably get a call-up this year if a skilled winger gets injured. I wonder if we will have to trade him eventually before he has to pass on waivers, which should be next training camp, no?

Oh wow, the headaches the Murrays get for their top-notch drafting

Berserker*

Petersson has definitely put himself on the radar again though. Thought he looked great in pre-season and the rookie tournament. A solid year in Bingo and he may have a solid shot next year.

Can't say I'm surprised, Hoffman was the least impressive bubble player, and I never thought DD would have a shot.

Petersson could get considered for a call up this season if he is playing well in Binghamton, but even then he will have a hard time because of the Sens depth. If an injury in the top six occurs, they could just as likely move up Zibanejad or Da Costa or Pageau or Stone then to call someone up from Binghamton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad