Waived: Hoffman, Dziurzynski (in 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserker*

MacLean really stressed the need for players to be consistent in order of having a shot to make the team this season. Both Hoffman and Dziurzynski had their moments during preseason but it was pretty evident from watching them play that they lacked consistency from game-to-game. Therefore it isn't very surprising that either got cut.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
So that leaves Stone, Da Costa, Pageau, Borowiecki and Ceci still competing for spots.

Stone, Ceci, Wideman, and any other remaining non-waiver eligible prospects get sent down last. Da Costa stays (at least temporarily) while Boro likely gets sent down once Gryba is healthy.

I am glad the whole Hoffman flu is finally leaving this forum. Depth in the minors is always useful, sometimes critically important (as last season proved).

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Oh you mean we didn't send Pageau down or make Condra 'disappear' to make room for Hoffman? Wow.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Stone, Ceci, Wideman, and any other remaining non-waiver eligible prospects get sent down last. Da Costa stays (at least temporarily) while Boro likely gets sent down once Gryba is healthy.

I am glad the whole Hoffman flu is finally leaving this forum. Depth in the minors is always useful, sometimes critically important (as last season proved).

It's not a ****ing flu. He's a prospect that some of us like, just because you dont doesn't make us idiots. He's shown us plenty these last 4 years to give us confidence that he's not just some useless pos.

It wasn't that long ago that 3/4's of this board was swearing about us re-signing Da Costa, now because of one camp everyone loves him.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

There is no competing for spots at this point, I am assuming Da Costa, Kassian and one extra D take the 21st - 23rd spots.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Don't believe either will get claimed.

Players claimed have to go on the NHL roster or was that changed with the last CBA?

Agreed - I don't think either get claimed, but I can see a case for Dzurzyzinzkziy if someone thinks they need some cheap 4th line grit that won't cost them an asset. For a team like Winnipeg last year, Dzizzy would have been a nice 4th line upgrade for them.

The only case I can make for Hoffman getting claimed is that maybe a team with a below-average farm system is willing to claim him in order to make him the 12th/13th guy, because they know they are thin on call-ups and if an injury hits, they're screwed. It would have to be a pretty specific set of circumstances.

Both admittedly are noted longshots, but if Marc Andre Cliche can get claimed, anyone can.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
It's not a ****ing flu. He's a prospect that some of us like, just because you dont doesn't make us idiots. He's shown us plenty these last 4 years to give us confidence that he's not just some useless pos.

It wasn't that long ago that 3/4's of this board was swearing about us re-signing Da Costa, now because of one camp everyone loves him.

Yes, a grand total of 4 NHL call-ups.

I don’t care what the board is saying, I am a fan of the team, not the board. I like the team’s players too, and I haven’t called Hoffman a POS. I just didn’t understand the hype - and the reasons to TRADE Conacher and DEMOTE Pageau to give him a spot.

I want to see the best team going forward, and Hoffman simply doesn’t belong (yet, possibly never). I guess the management sees it like that too. If he is lost on waivers, oh well. If he stays, there is another injury call-up option.

Da Costa has outperformed Hoffman and deserves a shot over him. I am also not sure how SDC fits into the team’s long-term plans. Such is the depth of this team.

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
Seriously, what in the hell would Matt Kassian deter other players from doing to our skilled players LOL? He's completely useless - if you can get a pick for him, you do it. What a complete waste of a roster spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad