Blue Jays Discussion: Hoffman and Pentecost signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsyukianDeke*

my entire post was analyzing what I and Nem had posted earlier, i.e. real stats not oooohhh I hate Dickey he sucks, terrible number 5 starter, wah wah wah.

You don't get it, I don't really care what stats you post. Dickey blows, plain and simple.

Maybe now you get my point.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
I'm all for a good debate when both sides are rooted in rationality and logic, but geez It's OK to admit you're wrong every once in awhile. It doesn't invalidate your opinions in general or your value as a poster. It's as simple as "hmm, now that this evidence has been presented, Dickey hasn't been doing as poorly as I thought." Just sticks in my craw sometimes, the level of stubbornness here. It would save us from multiple pages of inane back and forth if people had a bit thicker of skin.

As for the Hill/Prado conundrum, who has the edge defensively? A good reliever to target might be Joaquin Benoit of the Pads. He'd slot in nicely behind Casey and wouldn't cost as much as someone like Huston Street.

DatsyukianDeke*

I'm all for a good debate when both sides are rooted in rationality and logic, but geez It's OK to admit you're wrong every once in awhile. It doesn't invalidate your opinions in general or your value as a poster. It's as simple as "hmm, now that this evidence has been presented, Dickey hasn't been doing as poorly as I thought." Just sticks in my craw sometimes, the level of stubbornness here. It would save us from multiple pages of inane back and forth if people had a bit thicker of skin.

As for the Hill/Prado conundrum, who has the edge defensively? A good reliever to target might be Joaquin Benoit of the Pads. He'd slot in nicely behind Casey and wouldn't cost as much as someone like Huston Street.

I don't see any stats, whoever posted must be on my ignore list.

Either way, Dickey blows is my opinion. Don't like it? ignore.

DatsyukianDeke*

Just acquire both of them then. Forget about scouting major league players.

When you say you don't care about stats then, yes, yes it is.

In your opinion of course. :nod:

Might as well stop.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Prado sounds good, versatile, good contact hitter who rarely strikes out (having a down year) while still under control for 2 years beyond this year. Then we just need to grab a pen arm or perhaps 2 if the quality is out there and we are good to go.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It's actually pretty funny. I've gotten annoyed by people here being so adamant and co ntinue to argue and try to show they're right to complete failure of course.

But I don't think I've ever seen someone just flat out say yeah I don't care about the stats, I think he's terrible and thus he's terrible. If you don't agree me ignore me.

Kudos to you for being the first I guess. Not sure that's something you want but whatever.

DatsyukianDeke*

It's actually pretty funny. I've gotten annoyed by people here being so adamant and co ntinue to argue and try to show they're right to complete failure of course.

But I don't think I've ever seen someone just flat out say yeah I don't care about the stats, I think he's terrible and thus he's terrible. If you don't agree me ignore me.

Kudos to you for being the first I guess. Not sure that's something you want but whatever.

Cool. At least now we won't have to go back and forth debating about someones opinion other then your own.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
No Ryno was definitely the first. Bautista is a terrible player because he doesn't hit for average and only hits home runs, remember?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Don't really remember that, maybe I have him on ignore already but at least that sounds like it has some actual stats basis to it(even if the basis is completely wrong), at least its not totally he sucks because of sucks, end of story.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Didn't you guys know you're not supposed to debate opinions on a message board

If someone proclaims having all the players put pudding down their pants to hit homeruns does it still fall under the category of opinion vs opinion?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If someone proclaims having all the players put pudding down their pants to hit homeruns does it still fall under the category of opinion vs opinion?

nope, putting pudding down your pants improves your homerun hitting ability. That's a proven fact because I said so.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Ignore DD. It's pretty obvious he's trolling. By his token Stroman sucks because we lost today. How the **** would that make any sence? Lol.

Anyways, I'm not sure what to think anymore. I can't wait until the ASB. We desperately need it.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Giants are having the same problems the Jays are. They just can't seem to score runs when their pitchers play well, and when they do score runs, their pitchers just give it all back.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I don't know what is going to happen with Alford, but he has already played 11 games prior to today and is currently 4-5 with a double and a stolen base for Lansing tonight. I hope he realizes that he can be a legitimate prospect for the Jays if he just stops trying to play football.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
So eager to play, says he's a better hitter than half the league. He just wants to play. Sign him for 500K with incentives if he's all that he thinks he is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad