Blue Jays Discussion: Hoffman and Pentecost signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Is the AL East gonna go to the birds in 2014? :naughty:

Well, according to this screenshot, it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-03-21-32-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-03-21-32-45.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 25

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Too bad our offence was non existence. Dickey came to pitch. A split in this series would be huge

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Too bad our offence was non existence. Dickey came to pitch. A split in this series would be huge

Our offense has been very suspect since the Cardinals series. If we could maintain even a consistently average offense with the way the starters have been pitching we would probably be playing above .500 ball since then.

DatsyukianDeke*

Surprise surprise we lost when Dickey pitched. Hopefully Sanchez can come up and take this loser out of the playoff rotation if we make it.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Surprise surprise we lost when Dickey pitched. Hopefully Sanchez can come up and take this loser out of the playoff rotation if we make it.

He had to wait half an hour for that play to be resolved in the 2nd inning. And, his offense hung him out to dry the rest of the way.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Our offense has been very suspect since the Cardinals series. If we could maintain even a consistently average offense with the way the starters have been pitching we would probably be playing above .500 ball since then.

I guess in their defence they're banged up bad. Lawrie out and Lind and Bautista can barely run to first. Can't wait until the ASB

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
He had to wait half an hour for that play to be resolved in the 2nd inning. And, his offense hung him out to dry the rest of the way.

Not to mention the defence cost them a couple runs and never should have came out for the 8th.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I guess in their defence they're banged up bad. Lawrie out and Lind and Bautista can barely run to first. Can't wait until the ASB

Until then let's hope we tread water, our lead is gone in the division and we have 9 games to go.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Not to mention the defence cost them a couple runs and never should have came out for the 8th.

How many times have we mentioned the defence lately, it is really getting pathetic. AA needs to make some moves with this roster. Between injuries, bad defence, offense going dry...this team is barely hanging on. Baltimore is surging right now.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Trades prospects: OMG why would you do that
Doesn't trade prospects: OMG we need to make moves

a little over the top..AA does need to make roster moves. We've gone from having a 4-5 game lead to now being tied and a few losses away from being in 2nd..injuries have contributed but the offense has dried up, we've made some defensive mistakes that have cost us. To say we don't need to make moves or that I'm overreacting is a bit much.

MrLegend28*

a little over the top..AA does need to make roster moves. We've gone from having a 4-5 game lead to now being tied and a few losses away from being in 2nd..injuries have contributed but the offense has dried up, we've made some defensive mistakes that have cost us. To say we don't need to make moves or that I'm overreacting is a bit much.

welcome to baseball. theres 162 games..

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

I do somewhat agree. We have zero depth. Were putting EE in the outfield to make sure Bautista and Lind play. So were playing 2 guys who can barely run and having someone in the outfield who really shouldn't be. If we had a bit more depth we could actually rest them. Though, I'd love to add a 2B or 3B. When Lawries back he can play the other position.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I do somewhat agree. We have zero depth. Were putting EE in the outfield to make sure Bautista and Lind play. So were playing 2 guys who can barely run and having someone in the outfield who really shouldn't be. If we had a bit more depth we could actually rest them. Though, I'd love to add a 2B or 3B. When Lawries back he can play the other position.

Lawrie should be platooned when he returns, he can face RHP but if there's a LHP he should be sitting the bench.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

No matter how much depth you have, you can't replace a Bautista.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

I'm not overreacting I know we still have 75 games left do you have anything else to say? Whether it's June/July/August/September..the depth of this team needs to improve. Mastroianni is a complete waste of a roster spot. Gose is useless right now another wasted roster spot. The only usefulness of Gose right now is that he spells Rasmus when there is a lefty on the mound and his running ability late in a game, other than that he is useless to this team. Those 2 roster spots right now are a waste..I'd love someone to reply to me with a legit response and have some discussion instead of retracting everything by telling me how many games there are in a season....Manufacturing runs late in games is going to become more important as we get deeper into the season. I have no confidence in either of these two to move runners over into scoring position.

It's unfortunate Dickey's effort last night was thwarted away by our lack of offence again and our complete lack of ability to manufacture runs, it's killing us. We rely way too much on the HR.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler 8m
Blue Jays sign 16-year-old Dominican shortstop Jesus Navarro for $200,000. Scouting info at Baseball America: http://*******/1ms17G1

The Blue Jays have signed 16-year-old Dominican shortstop Jesus Navarro for $200,000. Navarro is a righthanded hitter who has performed well in games with a line-drive stroke and occasional doubles power from a smaller frame at around 5-foot-10, 150 pounds. Navarro’s tools will benefit from additional strength but he stands out already for his high baseball IQ. His younger brother, Christopher Navarro, is a shortstop prospect for 2015. Navarro, who played in the International Prospect League, trained with “Aguila” and Nelson Montes de Oca.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Lawrie should be platooned when he returns, he can face RHP but if there's a LHP he should be sitting the bench.

We don't have enough room on the bench to platoon for every player the jays already do against LHP

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Dickey pitches well: No offense

Offense hits well: Dickey sucks that game

Gah. If the hope is going to die, it's going to be on this road trip. If they can come out of it ok, then it should be all good.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Just because he lost 4 straight doesn't mean he was terrible in all of those starts. This is coming from someone who isn't fond of Dickey too.

I was at the football game and i saw it waS 2 to 1 in the 7th inning. Dickey went 8 (to my surprise) and only gave up 2 runs. On most nights, that's enough for the W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad