Recalled/Assigned: Hodgman Called Up

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
We had 22, right?

Moss, Hanzal hurt makes 20.
OEL, Z, Yandle, Stone, Murphy, Schlemko, Summers, Smith, Dubnyk means 11 forwards.

Unless Tim Kennedy and Jeff Halpern are still lurking, he can't not get in.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
We had 22, right?

OEL, Z, Yandle, Stone, Murphy, Schlemko, Summers, Smith, Dubnyk means 11 forwards.

Hanzal is still skating and is a game-time decision; Moss is seeing a doctor today and depending on the outcome might be available too.

This is why Don likes running with 22 - because it allows for a contingency callup without putting one of Moss or Hanzal on the DL unless it's necessary.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
It's a step in the right direction. Now put him on that third line and play him.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
We had 22, right?

Maybe tip will dress moss even though he can't play so he can sit on the bench.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
This call up could either make him or break him. I don't know if his stats are any indication but if they are, being sent down seemed to deflate him quite a bit. We can only hope he comes out big and makes himself a permanent fixture on the Coyotes.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This call up could either make him or break him. I don't know if his stats are any indication but if they are, being sent down seemed to deflate him quite a bit. We can only hope he comes out big and makes himself a permanent fixture on the Coyotes.

He won't be. As soon as Moss and Hanzal are both healthy, Hodgman goes back down.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I was thinking he might bump someone more like Chipchura or one of our lesser lights.

It would be nice, but he'd have to score at a 1-2 ppg rate in order for DM to even consider it, and since we can't hide any of those guys' salaries in the A... *sad trombone*

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He won't be. As soon as Moss and Hanzal are both healthy, Hodgman goes back down.

I don't expect anything short of maloney's direct intervention to make tippett replace one of his guys. It's been made abundantly clear he has his guys and he's going to play his guys.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He's only ready and done. He needs to be overcooked. And heaven knows this isn't the National Heating League. You can only cook (and overcoook) in the minors

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If our prospects were so ready why does our farm team suck so bad?

Lessio with a goal tonight but wins and stats haven't materialized yet.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Damn, I almost believed NO WAY GUYS SUMMERS IS PLAYING WING. Happy with the news and I'm hoping Hodgman gets good minutes!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I bet they're kicking themselves for releasing Kassian from that AHL PTO.

Is Andre Bulduc injured? He must be injured? Doesn't Kyle Chipchura have surly uncle that's a pipe fitter or something? You know, a real glue guy. Surprised he didn't get his shot.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away

I've only see one game live so far this season but without Gormley playing we have no decent defensive prospects. PP had multiple mishandled pucks by our D, causing short handed opportunities. No one can hold the puck in the zone at the line.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
No. It’s the same system.

I meant different from the one the Coyotes used in camp, where the rookies looked so good.

Given how badly the Pirates did last season, I'm not surprised they're not flourishing under the same system this year.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Because they are not ready yet, it is that simple. Some of our prospects should be tearing up the AHL if they were really that great, and ready to be in the NHL full time. We will have more injuries though, and more guys playing poorly, so I think more prospects will get a chance this year to play in the NHL. The play so far in the AHL, is not forcing Tip and DM to call anyone up, not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad