Hockey's Future's Fall 2004 Organizational Ranking are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Lehtonen32 said:
You're telling me you'd rather have mid-level depth than high-level talent?

I never said that....but I'd rather have a whole bunch of high-mid level talent(if that makes any sense) than one high level talent and basically nothing else.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Brian Weidler said:
Why?

Because of all the writers who contributed to the rankings, only one -- me -- has any real degree of familiarity with those players and their capabilities?
Don't worry, I was just joking around about how inconsistent the Organizational Rankings are with the individual rankings on the Blues' page. I guess we'll see who's right in a matter of time.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Chaos said:
I never said that....but I'd rather have a whole bunch of high-mid level talent(if that makes any sense) than one high level talent and basically nothing else.

I guess it comes down to just how much high-mid level talent you've got then eh? ;)

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Lehtonen32 said:
I guess it comes down to just how much high-mid level talent you've got then eh? ;)

Exactly..if you've got like 2 or 3 of them, then the side with the high level talent will probably win out, because you'd probably need all 3 of those 'high-mid level' guys to pan out perfectly. However, if you've got 6 or 7, then its a different story IMO.

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Seven_Nation_Army said:
exactly Kari Lehtonen is 10 times the hockey player that Dion Phaneuf is
Hockey’s Future Top 50 NHL Prospects
Updated April 7th, 2004
1. Kari Lehtonen - G - Atlanta Thrashers
Height: 6-3, Weight: 200

2. Nikolai Zherdev - RW - Columbus Blue Jackets
Height: 6-1, Weight: 186

3. Dion Phaneuf - D - Calgary Flames
Height: 6-2, Weight: 205

quite a drop off...10 fold from #1 to #3

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Canucks are way too high here, I can't see them being higher than bottom-3. Only Avs have clearly worse pool of prospects.

guitaraholic*

Pepper said:
Canucks are way too high here, I can't see them being higher than bottom-3. Only Avs have clearly worse pool of prospects.

agreed, completely. more organizational bias on behalf of the people who put together the rankings, IMO.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
guitaraholic said:
agreed, completely. more organizational bias on behalf of the people who put together the rankings, IMO.
I am not going to say that, I don't know if it is true.

But, it is interesting to see the Flames one spot ahead of the Canucks with a write up like "Besides Phanuef the Flames don't have a blue chipper." When the Canucks write up is "The Canucks don't have a bluechipper."

You figure one of the best prospects in hockey would be worth something. :)

Kaiped Krusader

Jul 1, 2004
Rylan up the Opposition
Chaos said:
Problem is, Atlanta has more than "one high level talent and basically nothing else." Kari stands heads and shoulders above the rest of our prospects (and frankly, the rest of anyone else's with the possible exception of Alexander Ovechkin) but we still have Braydon Coburn, Jim Slater, and Boris Valabik. None of them are elite blue chippers, but they're all very good prospects. Those three are at the very least "high-mid level." We also have some guys like Jim Sharrow, Juraj Gracik, Michael Garnett, and Grant Lewis that have solid potential.

Atlanta definitely deserves to be top ten.

Last edited:

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Pepper said:

I think Aulds the reason why there so high. Once he makes the NHL for good they go bot-3 for sure.

Though, I don't understand why they mention Daniel and Henrik Sedin has Not Eligible prospects for this draft. They've been in the NHL for 4 years, of course there not eligible!

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Kaiped Krusader said:
Problem is, Atlanta has more than "one high level talent and basically nothing else." Kari stands heads and shoulders above the rest of our prospects (and frankly, the rest of anyone else's with the possible exception of Alexander Ovechkin) but we still have Braydon Coburn, Jim Slater, and Boris Valabik. None of them are elite blue chippers, but they're all very good prospects. Those three are at the very least "high-mid level." We also have some guys like Jim Sharrow, Juraj Gracik, Michael Garnett, and Grant Lewis that have solid potential.

Sure Atlanta deserves to be there..Im talking about in general, and in the case of Calgary, which has Phaneuf and then some other guys, or Vancouver, who doesnt even have a real 'high-level talent',

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Shadow said:
I think Aulds the reason why there so high. Once he makes the NHL for good they go bot-3 for sure.

How is Auld any different from the netminding prospects the teams surrounding the Nucks on the list have? The Nucks should be much lower..

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Ott = Snott said:
How is Auld any different from the netminding prospects the teams surrounding the Nucks on the list have? The Nucks should be much lower..

I think its because of the Hard on that some people have for King. He's a nice player but will never be what they are expecting him too. And Kesler is a grinder with the potential to be a low low end second liner to high end third liner. And there are too many boom or Bust type guys in the rankings.

Yea i think they are bottom 5 and i think they shoudl have beeen 26 ahead of Colorado Toronto Isleanders and Hurricanes(who i don't think other than ward have many good prospects. And Ladd is overrated. I was not imppressed with him when i saw him play.)

Dallas and Tampa Bay are ahead because if the forwards are equal both the defenses of TB and Dallas are better by a large margin which should put them ahead.

hunter1909*

can anyone tll me why will the oilers be between 10th and 1st in the new rankings...who do they have

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
hunter1909 said:
can anyone tll me why will the oilers be between 10th and 1st in the new rankings...who do they have

Schremp
Poulliot
Lynch
Woywitka
Dubnyk

They don't have anyone that stands out but they have a lot of solid prospects.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Kaiped Krusader said:

As someone said though, those prospects like Slater, Sharrow, Gracik, Garnett, Lewis, other teams have basically the same type of player except their named differently ;)

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
210 said:
Where are the previous season's rankings archived? Also, where are the previous player rankings from team pages archived?

I'd like to compare those previous lists to what those players actually did so I can place these rankings in their proper perspective.

Can anyone answer/help with this question?

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Garfield said:
Schremp
Poulliot
Lynch
Woywitka
Dubnyk

They don't have anyone that stands out but they have a lot of solid prospects.
Don't forget our top rated prospect Drouin-Deslaurier as well as Niinimaki, Greene, Rita and Mikhnov. Granted we have no huge top-end guys like Phaneuf but the Oilers have really improved their prospect depth and quality since Lowe and Prendergast took over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad